Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mozilla

• Opera

• I have no idea

• Total voters
Opera. It's been around forever, has always worked for me, offers paged browsing, stops popups, very compatible, and renders quick.

I have no idea, as I've only had experience with I.E. It works well enough for me so I haven't switched it. That and this isn't my PC.

opera seconded. all i've ever wanted from a browser, plus it is multiplatform and vitually free (it's ad-ware until you register)

I haven't tried FireFox yet, but I love Mozilla. My favorite features are middle clicking to open the link in a tab in the background and find as you type. Plugins like mouse gestures are great as well and for me it is very helpful to have my bookmarks all stored in a single file.

Firefox... 1. efficiency, able to kill it without sytem screwups
2. tabbed browsing is neat and it's not so cluttered as Opera
3. Well it works - one minus though, FIrebird was better with https protocol by default, I guess I should be able to make Firefox OK but I am to lazy to do it, so for shopping I still use IE, but that's about it.

As a web developer I would always recommend Opera. FireFox is very good too, though you end up having to download a lot of extensions to have what I would deem as necessary functionality (if you're not careful you'll soon end up with a mess of compatability problems). Internet Explorer is by far the worst, and it's support for CSS2 and standards is a complete joke.

Why Opera? Read http://tntluoma.com/opera/lover/7/

DarN said:
Althornin said:
DarN said:
All of which are available in Opera w/o plugins. :)
wow! so what?
Just cheering for my browser in the poles. :D You have a problem with that?
Heh, just being an ass.
I dont see what the deal is between "having to download extenions" - thats not a negative, its a PLUS, because your browser is more customizeable.
I'm also curious where the Opera fans get that "our browser is faster" complex, since every test i've seen shows that it is not.

Back