What's the best hack'n'slash game for a guy and his girl?

Kolgar

Regular
Looking for a game in the vein of Baldur's Gate and Champions of Norrath to play with my girl. Since we started dating last year, she's really gotten into games. We're playing through Resident Evil 4, and she's bonkers for it. But when we finish, I'd like to start up a game she can play along with me, and a good hack'n'slash dungeon crawler sounds fun.

I played and loved the first Baldur's Gate, but wasn't impressed by the second and traded it in after five hours of play. I never played the Norrath games, and I wish Enclave (Xbox) was two-player - damn that game was awesome.

What else is good? Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Re: What's the best hack'n'slash game for a guy and his girl

Kolgar said:
Looking for a game in the vein of Baldur's Gate and Champions of Norrath to play with my girl. Since we started dating last year, she's really gotten into games. We're playing through Resident Evil 4, and she's bonkers for it. But when we finish, I'd like to start up a game she can play along with me, and a good hack'n'slash dungeon crawler sounds fun.

I played and loved the first Baldur's Gate, but wasn't impressed by the second and traded it in after five hours of play. I never played the Norrath games, and I wish Enclave (Xbox) was two-player - damn that game was awesome.

What else is good? Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

.... You play games (VIDEOgames) with ur girl?

I'd recommend other forms of entertainment. Most of which are also quite educational. Seems you straights always need to educate ur girls afterall. Even i had to, back in the day.

ANYWAY, Soul Calibur 2 is one hell of a good 2 player slashy game, though it's not a hack-and-slash game.
There ain't that many to shoose from in fact...

Champions of Norrath or Return to Arms are your best bet. RTA is the sequel, but it's basically a bug-fixed version of the first game and with a couple more characters and improved difficulty, should provide many, many hours fun. There's a couple of important but not critical bugs regards enchantments though that you'll want to know about.

If you want less of a challenge then go with the original CON. The random dungeons in this game, which got dropped in the sequel, make a big difference IMO too.

I've also heard good things about XMen Legends from CON players, though never played it myself.

Zelda Four Swords is pretty good multiplayer if you have all the equipments and the players.

Sandwich said:
McFly said:
Kolgar said:
What's the best hack'n'slash game for a guy and his girl?

sex ;)

Fredi
Not everyone is into your kind of extreme BDSM, you pervert :p Here I'll call the cops to dig for hacked up corpses in your garden.

Your smilie choice in your reply looks like you would love to come over to get hack'n'slashed. ;)

Fredi

Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel? It's less hack'n'slash, more slash'n'burn, but it might do you.

i bought a ps2 with some games from a friend and i must
say SINGSTAR (with 2 mics) is really fun :)
hack n slash with SINGING omg!

Wow, this thread took a turn I didn't expect. :oops: :LOL:

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Yup, she already loves Soul Calibur, but I'm looking for a dungeon-crawler type game so I think I'll look into Zelda: Four Swords, Champions, and Fallout.

Much obliged.

How about something along the lines of Dance Dance Revolution? There are so many dancing games out there that somebody must've made a "two to tango" version.

And if no one's made one yet, I hereby patent the idea. :p

ZoinKs! said:
How about something along the lines of Dance Dance Revolution? There are so many dancing games out there that somebody must've made a "two to tango" version.

And if no one's made one yet, I hereby patent the idea. :p

hey i also have a dansmat! now i need a nice game with cause that game junglebook doesn't cut it

Try Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and The Legend of Zelda Four Swords for Gamecube.(I especially recommend Zelda) I think Zelda is probably the best hack and slash I ever played. The only downside to Crystal Chronicles and Four Swords is that each player is required to have a gameboy advance plus gameboy advance to gamecube link cable.(and only gba and gba-sp work, gbc is no good, and niether is nintendo ds)

Also check out Phantasy Star Online.

And some of the Lord of the Rings games might be worth a look.

I have a Gauntlet-Dark Legacy arcade game that my girlfriend and I play. The arcade version is much better than any of the ports, and looks nice since it works natively on a VGA monitor.

Dungeons & Dragons was a pretty good game. I enjoyed it very much, even thoguh I thought it was hard at some points. It became a little repetitive, but overall it was a solid game.

I've been playing Shining Tears alot lately. Definitely good hack and slash action RPG stuff going on there, and you can play cooperatively with a second player during the combat sequences (which there are PLENTY of).

I would recommend Lego Star Wars, it is a little short, but with lots of replay value and a fun 2 player co-op mode.

If you do a search on my name you should find a post that lists a lot of PS2 co-op games.

The "Hunter: The Reckoning" games (original/Wayward/Redeemer) are all great cooperative hack'n'slashers. They are much better Gauntlets than any of the modern Gauntlet rehashes. The different player classes complement each other much than in other games and co-op aspect is central because all players share a single pool of lives.

Back