Whatever happened to Guden Oden?

Squeak

Veteran
He used to be very outspoken and active on these boards, but his last post seems to be the 19th October, almost six months ago.
Did he suddenly lose interest, change his alias or, god forbid... die?

I was just wondering about that two days ago. Can anyone enlighten us?

I was thinking of starting a thread a few days ago on this too. Its been a while since he posted. Hope everything is ok with him.

epic

I think he created a new name. IIRC he posted under two names Guden Oden and Grall, don't know what his new name is. I haven't recognized his usual posting style from any of the new member names so he either changed his posting style and posts under the new name or he died.

Also find out what happened to Powderkeg. He was my favorite.

He got banned.

I think he created a new name. IIRC he posted under two names Guden Oden and Grall, don't know what his new name is. I haven't recognized his usual posting style from any of the new member names so he either changed his posting style and posts under the new name or he died.
I'm pretty sure he isn't posting here anymore. I guess he just went away.

It just seems weird that he went from 5 - 6 energetic, full posts per day to nothing.
Something ain't right.

He was temp banned for three days back in October (for reasons I won't go in to) and decided he wasn't coming back because of that. Grall was a secondary account he'd had for some time.

We made it clear that the ban was temporary and explained why, but he didn't accept the situation and never came back. He's currently free to post as he sees fit, the ban expired a long time ago.

It is a shame when things like that happen. I remember when Joshua (Acert93) left for a few months and I seem to recall someone personally asked him to come back and start posting again, though even that was a while ago now. Some of the people who disappear, either because they were banned or for another reason aren't missed, but I know there are plenty more who I wish still posted here because even if I didn't agree with their POV, I still respected their opinion. I counted both Guden and Powderkeg in that group, but that's life I suppose. I think we've certainly had a fair number of very decent new members recently, which sort of makes it a bit better :smile:

What was the reason for the ban? I can't see any of his last posts being instigator of a ban. Was it a nasty PM?

Is he talking about PowderKeg or Guden?

And don't give me a Dave Baumann answer ;)

...please.

He was a little too aggressive with opinions... if my memory serves. :(

[/euphamism]

We let Powerdeg go so he could go on and do better things elsewhere. He'd outgrown B3D with his awesomeness and we didn't want him going all Akira on our asses :yep2:

Back