Whatever happened to Getaway?

wco81

Legend
Or was the Phil Harrison demo of Oxford Street London at E3 2005 just a tech demo?

I think most people remember Motorstorm, Killzone demos from that E3. The cityscape depicted there was pretty impressive too.

Exactly a year ago...

PS12.jpg

Oops ! At least the Getaway London map was useful to Gran Turismo. :LOL: Are Eight Days and Getaway similar to the exclusive game they have with R* ?

resource should be reallocated to enhance those projects closer to completion.

Helping out third parties ? (When will RE5, BioShock, Heavy Rain be out ?)

And where are the Japanese games ? The likes of ICO and SotC.

Which games have come out of those studios recently? Maybe F1?

Too bad, if SCEE is going to churn out me-too FPS games instead of something more unique.

Really, given the success of GTA, it's surprising The Getaway was canned, although the original wasn't a big seller was it?

SCEE (London) has probably reallocated a lot of resources to KZ2, it's easier then to try and hire 30-50 professional developers. I've been told that a lot of guys were moved to Heavenly Sword back then as well to make their deadline.

Last edited by a moderator:
SCEE (London) has probably reallocates a lot of resources to KZ2, it's easier then to try and hire 30-50 professional developers. I've been told that a lot of guys were moved to Heavenly Sword back then as well to make their deadline.

That makes a lot of sense and was going to be a counter of sorts to Arwin's assumption.

SCEE (London) has probably reallocated a lot of resources to KZ2, it's easier then to try and hire 30-50 professional developers. I've been told that a lot of guys were moved to Heavenly Sword back then as well to make their deadline.

Isn't there 3 SCEE studios? London, Cambridge, and Liverpool? Cambridge were possibly working on Eight Days and they were actually tasked out to help Ninja Theory on Heavenly Sword. I believe Cambridge is also the technical strong arm or aka Sony Ninjas. Liverpool is their racing studio. Please correct me if I am wrong. I am just trying to piece what each group is working on. Hmmm, could one of these be the mystery dev on the PS3 Bioshock project?

Well E3 08 is just weeks away so we will find out more soon as to what this strong first party line up is.*

I know all the titles but I am assuming that there are surprises perhaps.

You're probably right, I'm not that well informed about SCEE.

And they really shouldn't need more than a few coders to port Bioshock to the PS3... certainly no artists and designers at all.

Isn't there 3 SCEE studios? London, Cambridge, and Liverpool? Cambridge were possibly working on Eight Days and they were actually tasked out to help Ninja Theory on Heavenly Sword. I believe Cambridge is also the technical strong arm or aka Sony Ninjas. Liverpool is their racing studio. Please correct me if I am wrong. I am just trying to piece what each group is working on. Hmmm, could one of these be the mystery dev on the PS3 Bioshock project?

Sony London were working on Eight Days and The Getaway. (Also Home, Singstar and Eye Toy)

Ah, yes, some may go "Home" indeed. That makes by far the most sense, to be honest.

It'd be more than problematic if Home would still require graphics programmers and such...

It'd be more than problematic if Home would still require graphics programmers and such...

It's an extensible project (e.g., more sponsored areas, final integration with in-game XMB, integration with web sites/services, new objects, ...)

Back