What to see in Hawaii

zed

Legend
I've never been, and are going next month for a couple of weeks over the xmas/new year.
The only thing I'm gonna definitely see is the active volcano on the big island.
Any other recommendations? I like doing the unusual non touristy stuff, Ta, zed.

FUCK HAWAII!!!

Seriously not a fan of the place and it just holds a special spot of loathing and resentment in the very core of my being, sorry.

I do hope you have a great trip though, what island are you going to and where do you plan to stay? I can probably recommend a bunch of great spots, my mother and siblings love the island well. In fact both my sisters lived there for a couple of 5-6 years or so and my estranged brother has been living there almost 30 years now? (Not sure, could be only 27 years too...it's fuzzy and we hate each other so no big deal. :) )

I hear it's a great place, just not for me. Too many bitter feelings about conflicts over my lifetime with the place.

It certainly aint paradise, in fact its an ecological disaster zone.
Im going to Oʻahu and Hawaiʻi though could conceivably go to any place, I'll just be staying in backpackers or something, I never organize accommodation until I'm at a place and then will sort out accommodation for that night

PS, just though of something else on my list, Im also going to see the telescopes.
PPS, actually another recommendation, what phone carrier should I go on/avoid while I'm there

Last edited:
what phone carrier should I go on/avoid while I'm there
None, your on holiday

places to go :
1) Kalaupapa Leper Colony
2) Raëlian UFO Peace Park
3) Lanai Cat Sanctuary
4) Hana Lava tube
5) Bishop Museum in Honolulu

Last edited:
None, your on holiday
always useful for the GPS and checking out where Im gonna sleep that night ( i never book in advance )

Cheers for the Suggestions, Unfortunately Im only there for 2 weeks, and prolly wont have time to go to Lanai and Maui and Molokai, I must check out the Raëlian stuff

As a surfer i would say see if you can check out some surfing on the north shore.
If you get a day with decent swell ( easy enough info to find online) watching skilled surfers in those waves is amazing!

Back