What sports/activities do hardcore gamers/devs get involved in

Butta

Regular
I just wanted to break a little from the monotony of pre E3 lull of info and find out from those that care to share... what kind of sports/activities do you as gaming enthiasts/devs do in your free time.

Personally, I am completely into rock climbing perhaps even moreso than gaming!!! I have even built my own climbing gym in my garage. I can post pics if anyone has interest.

I suck at sports so I dont do any. Though I really should as my condition sucks. I did judo when I was a kid though and did windsurfing in the summer for a couple of years but that was more getting a tan as I sucked when there was alot of wind and I hated the cold water, expect if it was 30degrees outside.

We play street hockey in the parking lot at work :)

I used to play V-ball in the city league, but with two small kids it's hard to do much of anything. Still love love to throw a football around, I have one next to me now.

I do martial arts, breakdancing, basketball and would like to learn some ballroom dancing. I also run, workout and swim. I play games to maintain my eye hand coordination and I consider rpgs...my mini-novels, :p.

No actually, I've never had a puppy play frisbee well. They always chew 'em up.

I'm talking just a couple of people and some open space with a 175g Whamm-o Frisbee having fun making each other run down the B. :)

EDITED BITS: Oh wow! There is a 200g out now!!! :D

I just wanted to break a little from the monotony of pre E3 lull of info and find out from those that care to share... what kind of sports/activities do you as gaming enthiasts/devs do in your free time.

Personally, I am completely into rock climbing perhaps even moreso than gaming!!! I have even built my own climbing gym in my garage. I can post pics if anyone has interest.

Your own climbing gym!? that must be great for your fitness! also u must have a pretty big garage then! (which means u DEFINITELY don't live here in the UK..)

/is this thread really appropriate for this forum?

My interests are specifically (in no particular order)

- Hobbyist games programming - currently playing around with XNA and working on physics and animation stuff in DirectX,

- Basketball - (used to play borough-wide competitive in high school, college and at the start of uni..)

- Breakdancing - more pop and lock, street and i'm learning downrock (kinda hard when your 6'3", 22 yrs old and just started learning a couple of yrs ago.. :???: )

- Playing video games - (suprised...? :LOL: )

& various other things which aren't really worth a mention since I dont really get much time to do them..

Your own climbing gym!? that must be great for your fitness! also u must have a pretty big garage then! (which means u DEFINITELY don't live here in the UK..)

/is this thread really appropriate for this forum?

My interests are specifically (in no particular order)

- Hobbyist games programming - currently playing around with XNA and working on physics and animation stuff in DirectX,

- Basketball - (used to play borough-wide competitive in high school, college and at the start of uni..)

- Breakdancing - more pop and lock, street and i'm learning downrock (kinda hard when your 6'3", 22 yrs old and just started learning a couple of yrs ago.. :???: )

- Playing video games - (suprised...? :LOL: )

& various other things which aren't really worth a mention since I dont really get much time to do them..

Pop and lock eh? That is so awesome...

Pop and lock eh? That is so awesome...

Been at it since I was a sprout...

(Too many Micheal Jackson/Usher/Chris Brown/Omarion music videos i say..)

If I can get ahold of a camera i'll post some vids up on youtube some time..

/Also my twin bro's a little better than me too.. We used to put togther little routines, obviously playing off the fact that we're identical so we used to mirror each others moves.. Used mess with people's minds when they saw us doing it.. :LOL: :LOL:

To make up for my daily sloth quota, I go to a gym and lift. I was forced to do sports all throughout highschool, and it completely turned me off to the notion of organized sports. The only sports I truly enjoyed were boxing, swimming and lacrosse.

I also enjoy target shooting but ammuntion gets too expensive sometimes.

Basketball and softball mostly with some occasional volleyball and flag football. Used to play some soccer, but I like basketball better.

If I wasn't so scared of heights I'd love to give climbing a go. There's a climbing wall in London very close to where I live.

What I do is football (hooray!), martial arts and lots of weights. I should really start worrying about my cardio... but hey, stick to what you're good at!

If I wasn't so scared of heights I'd love to give climbing a go. There's a climbing wall in London very close to where I live.

What I do is football (hooray!), martial arts and lots of weights. I should really start worrying about my cardio... but hey, stick to what you're good at!

Climbing would be a good way to work on that fear of heights.

You don't have to go really high to climb though. Bouldering is a style of climbing where you climb only a short height, but the moves are more intense. You don't have a rope, you just land on a big mat. Your local climbing wall (which one is it?) probably has a taster session that you can do to see if it agrees with you.

CC

Back