What size font should I have?

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
Weird that I'm getting my panties in a bunch over this now but is this a good font size:
Running 1280x1024 LCD monitor as well.

Is this size okay for my eyes?
It's a size 8, Bitstream Vera Sans Mono.

Attachments

• font.JPG
    font.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 30
Surely the correct font size is the one you are comfortable with, not anyone else :oops:

As an aside, Proggy Clean (slashed zero, bold punctuation) for me for programming, even on my 2560x1600 display.

You're the only one that can answer that question.

Not really. I want to know what's medically good for my eyes.
If you can read it clearly without straining or getting too close to the screen then it's OK for you. Everyones' eyes are different, so there's no magic generic font-size that is good for all people.

Make sure your sitting properly too. If your font size is so small that you find your hunching over to get closer to the screen then eye strain may be the least of your worries. Check out this for a good seating guide and if whilst sitting properly you can see the text without any trouble then the font size is ok.

Make sure your sitting properly too. If your font size is so small that you find your hunching over to get closer to the screen then eye strain may be the least of your worries. Check out this for a good seating guide and if whilst sitting properly you can see the text without any trouble then the font size is ok.

"...and your eyes at the same height as the top of the computer casing."

But my case stands on the floor... :smile:
OK, seriously. That's how I like it, eyes at the same height as the top of the monitor. Looking slightly down is the most relaxed position for the neck. And with my 21" directly on the desk, that's just how high it gets.

But I've seen several people here saying that they lift up the monitor so they look as much straight forward as possible. I never got how that could be comfortable. That's how the workstations at uni looked when I started there (early 90's). But then they put the (21") monitors directly on the desk, with less strained necks as a result.

Back