What music are you listening to right now?

I dont spend all my time listening to totally epic music sometimes I like a bit of silliness

Great literature has always been a source of inspiration for heavy metal bands.
J.R.R. Tolkien for Blind Guardian, H.P. Lovecraft for Cradle of Filth, The Holy Bible for Stryper and now The IKEA Catalog for Nanowar Of Steel. (dont judge on the first minute)

Zed, Arjen Lucassen the guy behind Areon has another project called Star One where all the albums are concept albums based on movies
the latest album is Revel in Time where every song is based on a movie about time travel
this song Prescient is based on the movie Primer https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390384/

Cheers mate, I may give it a listen, though I find with that guy the earlier stuff is better than his later stuff (following the typical musicians quality curve)
primers is OK, but not a great timetravel film (sure its part and parcel with the subgenre, plotholes, so ignore, but here its worse than normal), admittedly its been >10 years since I saw it

other lesser known timetravel you may like (under 100k votes imdb)
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (2014)
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (2006)
Last Night in Soho (2021)
The Final Girls (2015)
Detention (2011)
Special (2006)
Visitors from the Arkana Galaxy (1981)
Mirage (2018)
The Dead Zone (1983)
Time After Time (1979)
Timecrimes (2007)
similar to primer I think
Time Lapse (2014) also similar to primer I think

I was asking you to judge the song not the film :mrgreen:
So here's a song based on the Terminator
and as a bonus a song based on Bill and Ted

Last edited:

Because I just opened a Don Rosa album I didn't have before. Still trying to find the vinyl version, but I've set my limit to 100€ and cheapest at Discogs is currently 220€. I've seen it 150€ or bit under few times but didn't pull the trigger then.

So here's a song based on the Terminator
I'm not really into this pop metal, though the guys face expressions were good, I'll give you that

I like the bill&ted power ballad more

I can top that, because heres something I wrote inspired by the histories greatest sporting event
Hulk hogan vs the Iron Shiek, sorry no you tube clip which I matched the music to as youtube took it down
http://zedzeek.com/music/hogan.mp3
So it loses its impact without the accompanying visuals of 2 large sweaty men pounding each other
C1G6mVWVIAAPkgZ

The Absolute Classic - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
Why? The singer Gary Brooker just passed away
I guess his face at first just ghostly
Turned a whiter shade of pale - Sorry couldnt resist.....

So no doubt your wondering what slice of epicness am I going to post today
"You Suffer" by Napalm Death
Normally I post a paragraph explaining the meaning of the piece but I've decided to see if you can work it out for yourself
ps: you need to listen to the whole song.

Back