What is "True IPS+"?

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
i googled around and i hit a wall. I only found LG video promoting it. But what the heck is True IPS+ and what make it different enough for that moniker?

My 10-second google search tells me it's the marketing name LG used in their 2011-2012 phones carrying IPS screens with 3 sub-pixels per pixel (RGB) in order to differentiate from Samsung's AMOLED displays with RGBG Pentile (meaning the Green sub-pixel would always be shared for two different pixels, resulting in a less sharp image).

So it's rather old news and just a plain IPS panel.

i googled around and i hit a wall. I only found LG video promoting it. But what the heck is True IPS+ and what make it different enough for that moniker?

Marketing BS just like Crapple's face stomping worthy retina and MS's clearblack (wtf is that supposed to mean? Its so clear you can't see anything :? Sounds great for a screen). I believe Sony and some others have equally cringe worthy marketing names.

As for true ips+, I don't get it. Makes it sound like other ips screens aren't really ips. And what is the + supposed to mean? That its more true ips than other ips screens? How can something be more true'erder than true?

Actually Samsung is the only one that uses decent marketing names for their screens. You simply have amoled and super amoled.

There is Amoled, Super Amoled, and Super Amoled+! Super Amoled use integrated touch screen thus not reflecting sunlight too much. Plus means RGB subpixel. Basically there is no difference between Amoled and Super Amoled if you don't use it for touch screen. And instead of plus, maybe they should name their current screen Super Amoled- since pentile is not the norm in the display world, while RGB is.

Back