What is an acceptable mobo temperature/what does yours run

The549

Regular
...at under load? I just added a chipset and case fan, which lowered my cpu temp to 42 under load but seemed to raise my mobo up to 32. Is this an okay temp for the mobo?
Thanks 3d-ers.

Temps are meaningless - or let me say:
Comparing them against someone else's temps is meaningless.

The sensors in our mobos/procs all have accuracies of +/- 10 degrees or WORSE.

They are relatively fairly accurate though - so you can state a Delta T between load and idle, for example, that has some meaning (can be compared to someone else's readings, just not very well, dont jump at few degree differences).
They are far from precise.

They are also easily affected by airflow around the socket area.

For instance, my temps stayed the same when i went to watercooling - however, my OC increased. I found that by pointing a slow 80mm fan at the socket area, i dropped 9 degrees......

Comparing temps against other people is pointless - given the accuracies of each individual temp probe, we are talking being able to be off by as much as 20 degrees.

Case: 42 C
Diode: 48 C
Socket: 43 C
Current reading from MBM with CPUIdle running. I hit 72 C when playing games for a while though (current warning temp). I have an AthlonXP2600+ (running at 1920Mhz which should be the default). I'm a bit annoyed actually because I got a Thermaltake Volcano sitting on which is supposed to be good. Maybe the sensors suck though (Soltek motherboard and I don't have much trust in them after my northbridge fan died on me). I was running it underclocked (FSB @ 133 which made the CPU just over 1500Mhz, can't be bothered working out the exact figure) and that made it run ok (~68 C at most). Not sure if I should try to increase case airflow with more/better fans, ignore it and set the warning temp higher or run it underclocked. Thing is I'm pretty sure the computer reboots itself if it gets too hot (anti-burn protection) I'm guessing at 75 C or something.

If anyone has any advice that would be appreciated. I would prefer not to run the machine underclocked which seems to be the only option at the moment.

16°C max after 3 hours of 100% cpu load. I use normal watercooling but just a way wrong temp readout of my Abit NF7. Casetemp is about 13°C. It also depends what sensor you have, if its the normal extern diode ( under the cpu ), temp in the die is about 10-15°C higher.

Back