What happened to PSP games ?

NonNative

Newcomer
After I've bought a psp for couple weeks I've noticed there're really few games when compare to DS.

Most games I got are original released for PS1 and ported or being remake.Its hardly to find exclusived game that made for PSP.

What's the reason that made PSP game's shortage ?

Could it possible that becuase of really short duration of PSP battery ?
Or on DS its easier to develop a game ?
Or PSP too expensive and people rather to buy DS more ?

Castlevania : The Dracula X Chronicles
Final Fantasy Tactic : War of Lions
Hot Shots : Open Tee
Final Fantasy I
Megaman Maverick Hunter X
Valkyrie Profile : Lenneth
Ridge Racer 2

I currently own Burnout, Tekken, MGS: PO, MGS: Acid, Loco Roco, Daxter, Ridge Racer 1, Wipout, Mind Quiz.

Certainly Tekken, Burnout, MGS, Loco Roco, Wipout (Pulse is out now?) and Daxter (or if you prefer that style, take Ratchett) are among the very best games on the PSP and you shouldn't miss out on them (unless one of them is in a genre you despise of course. ;) ).

There's plenty good stuff though, with only some of those also mentioned in the neogaf list. Even some PS2 ports are actually sometimes excellent games especially if you haven't played them already on the PS2.

The difference in games number between DS and PSP isn't that large. PSP games are generally a lot larger (also in terms of assets), which does account for some of the difference. Compare the PSP version of Final Fantasy VII with the DS version for instance. With 32MB of RAM, 1.6GB of storage and a fair bit of polygon pushing, games just are a bit larger in general on the PSP than on the DS. Which is not to say they are better of course. But if you look at a site like Eurogamer, and you count all the games that received a 9 on the PSP and a 9 on the DS, you'd be surprised what the results are. ;)

What about 2 player coop especially over internet? Has there been any improvement in this sadly overlooked sector?

My friend just show me his lastest game today,Silent Hill

He put a headset on me and lets me play the game alone.I've found out its very creepy game.And main protagonist dooesnt do thing anything or cares supernatural thing that happening around him as he should.

The graphic is one of the best I've seen on PSP,but I will not buy this game becuase of its too scary for me.

My PSP has been dusty for ages. It's a shame, since FF Tactics was the one game I was looking forward to, but I polished that off via PS1 BC a year ago or so, and the changes weren't enough to warrant another play-through.

I'm hoping the next Wipeout is enough to give the little handheld that could another spark of life ;)

Oh, and Crisis Core!

My PSP has been dusty for ages. It's a shame, since FF Tactics was the one game I was looking forward to, but I polished that off via PS1 BC a year ago or so, and the changes weren't enough to warrant another play-through.

I'm hoping the next Wipeout is enough to give the little handheld that could another spark of life ;)

Oh, and Crisis Core!

Have you try Jeanne D'Arc yet ? If you like FFT you will like this game.

Ooh err. I didn't know it was that good. *add to cart*

I loved FFT (though it largely kicked my ass) and genuinely enjoyed Jeanne d'Arc. I don't understand why these types of games are less common on other systems, since they offer so much in the way of playtime ($/hour of entainment). Lets hope Sony and/or MS launch some high quality versions of these for the home systems via PSN/Live.

What's the date on Crisis Core?

Ooh err. I didn't know it was that good. *add to cart*

I loved FFT (though it largely kicked my ass) and genuinely enjoyed Jeanne d'Arc. I don't understand why these types of games are less common on other systems, since they offer so much in the way of playtime ($/hour of entainment). Lets hope Sony and/or MS launch some high quality versions of these for the home systems via PSN/Live.

What's the date on Crisis Core?

No date has been announced yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Recommended new game !!

Brave Story : New Traveler
A traditional RPG based on a popular novel in japan.

I had fun with this game so much. :)

Good PSP games

I played through:
- Ace Combat
- Ratchet&Clank
and last but not least
- GTA Vice City Stories, which definitely was the best of those above

I've also spent some time on Daxter and Outrun and enjoyed both

I just bought a PSP "Slim&Lite" today (didn't touch my PSP for a long time, but it seems the new one fixes the problems I had with the original), because I craved for some nice handheld hack&slash, a genre more represented on the PSP than on the DS. I also ended up buying a couple great releases I missed during my PSP downtime : Syphon Filter 2 (loved the 1st one), MGS Portable Ops, Dungeon Siege and Alien Syndrome (the last two for my hack&slash addiction).

Back