What happened on 05 Aug 2002 15:33 ??

Malo

Yak Mechanicum
Legend
Supporter
Most users ever online was 291 on 05 Aug 2002 15:33

Sorry this has been nagging at me and wondered if there was some great event on that day that caused so many to be online at once. Or was it just "one of those days"?

kalbaz

hmm don't think so, NV30 launch was late october, early november to public....

R300 launch was late july so it could very well be the reason. I think it was about a week earlier to reviewers and so maybe we started seeing reviews at that time. thanks!

ah yes I see the link to b3d forums. I guess because of exclusivity it caused the amount of visits. thx dave and keegdsb

okay... begining of August is coming closer... ;) And Assembly with it's Bitboys presentation is coming closer too. ;) are you ready for new visit record?? I'll be there and telling the news if there is something to tell.

Last year Axe pictures collected over 56 thousand hits on my site with in 2 and half days. (they were linked from there.) Suprisingly, most visited domain name came from under nvidia.com (around 320 visits.) next came Sony-Ericsson.

ahhh only halflife2 could cause such an increase to set the new record for B3D... 328 online at once! And on september 11.... :oops: (I have no doubt that it was HL2 causing the increase instead of the 9/11 anniversary)

Good ole thread necromancy...

Most users ever online was 1,204, 09-Jul-2006 at 17:01.

So what happened on Jul 9th, 2006? :)

It was probably that rush of new people asking if a 7900GTX would be enough to run Oblivion on highest settings. I'm seeing a huge guru3d-ification of these forums recently..new people just registering to ask the most basic questions allready answered in triplicate on an hourly basis on X games' forums.

July 9th...my my post-birthday party? :devilish:

Back