What Game Is This?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by sir doris, Dec 2, 2007.

1. sir doris

Regular

I remember playing a game a few years ago but I can't remember the name of it.

I thought it might have been Devil May Cry but now I’m not so sure.

It was a third person (maybe fist person option?) game where your character (a woman IIRC) is a reporter/ presenter who enters old houses where there is paranormal activity together with her camera man, and then you go 'n' kill daemons, solve puzzles etc. while supposedly live on TV.

I think your character could also turn into some demonic alter-ego and take on different abilities?

I also recall you could have a small image of the TV feed from the camera man in the corner of the screen and also the live TV show feed?

Can't remember when exactly this was released but I think I had either a 1.3 Athlon or and Athlon XP 2100+ so that dates it to 2001-2003ish ;)

Cheers - It's driving me crazy.

2. Snyder

Regular

3. Sobek

Sobek Locally Operating
    Veteran

That looks... Fun.

4. sir doris

Regular

Thanks so much, that is the game. I can sleep easy now.

Cheers :)

5. _xxx_

Banned

Devil Inside was quite nice, but the controls and the camera kinda sucked.

6. deviantchild

Regular

i bought that from a secondhand games shop after asking my online mates with a description much like yours. it was one of those games where the demo experience had stuck with me from when i played it (rather jerkily) on my rendition v2100 based diamond stealth II s220.
    i kind of agree with the previous comments about camera and controls but the colour, style and concept was nice.
    two cool weapons stuck in my mind: "eraserhead" [won't tell what it is] and an excellent fused dynamite crossbow (or at least that was the effect of it) for really satisfying timed kills ;)
    weird fecking ending though [???] unless i did something wrong.
    sorry if these are considered spoilers. i'd still get it anyway if i was you.

7. Cartoon Corpse

Veteran

lol. i sometimes remember levels from previously (enjoyed) games, but can't put a finger on the title (100's of games in my library after 4-5 years). so this thread is endearing to me...just a comment.

for instance, a ship level, it's either at night, or an inside port/dock. you go through the whole ship (bridge, cargo, crew quarters, etc) (a few games like this).

another inside ship level (born from previous memory), except a submarine this time.

also, i seem to like highrise apartment levels (with view...ala maxpayne(s)), james bond: nightfire)...but can only remember some of the games that go with the ones in my head.

a nice problem to have IMO.

oh wait! here's one that's been bugging me...start of level, you approach an offshore platform in a boat (drill platform?)...you circle the platform and pick off sentries with a sniper rifle (i did anyway) before you board it, and do something that i can't remember, but did take a good bit of time.

#7 Cartoon Corpse, Dec 6, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2007
  8. Davros

Legend

game with a tower block - die hard nakatomi plaza

9. Cartoon Corpse

Veteran

is that game worth finishing? i quit after about 20 minutes due to the disappointing collision detection...and maybe controls at the start. anyway i have it.

10. Davros

Legend

dont know i quit after about 1 hour into the game