What do you think of this...new comp parts??

Yeah I am gonna blow the money after my trip...but I was just thinking if it would be more prudent to wait till like christmas season...or something. Note that there are no hard drives and no sound cards yet...kinda want to be able to use it as ultimate gameage rig and dcc rig as well.

I'd make sure the monitor is good for gaming then, I'm leary of gaming on LCDs....but I don't know enough about 'em to give you any advice on it either.

Yeah my dad just got a 17 inch Sharp LCD and it rocks...I think that LCD do just fine...I am prob gonna work more with digital content than game.

If you're going to spend crazy amounts of cash anyway, why don't you get zalman's silent tower case? I know I sure would, if I could afford it. :D

The case isn't that good. Get a Lian Li V1000 instead.

And what are you doing getting just one 7800GTX? Are you crazy? Get a second one for SLI.

I also don't see a PSU. How are you going to power all of that? Get a PCP&C 850, hands down.

The RAM you got ain't that good either. Get a 2x512MB Gskill PC4400LE dual channel kit. You can get better timings and it's faster (2.5-4-3-7 at 325MHz for DDR650 with just 2.9V).

Also, BTW, the 7800GTX's don't support the 30" Apple Cinima, last time I checked. It'd be better if you go the Dell 2405FPW.

The only sensible purchase on that list is the DFI lanparty which really is a great mobo.

The rest is crazy.

LCD is not a choice for gaming. Get a CRT instead. better colors, much better refresh.
The dualcore cpu is typically worse then a cheaper single core. There's no good reason for being an early adopter, unless you got the software for it, which you don't.

dual core is for comfort, no more slowing down because whatever process goes 100% CPU (happens with explorer.exe sometimes :)). IMHO if you want to waste thousands of dollars on a PC, why not go dual core instead of Athlon FX. (X2 4400+ makes more sense though, 92% performance at 60% the price :))

I agree, 22" CRT will be much better for gaming.. and there's no mention of dual link DVI support on the 7800GTX, which would be needed for the apple 30".

for the RAM, why not 2x1GB at the same price, although you'd only have PC3200 CAS2 from corsair. but do whatever you want ;)

great suggests guys...and yeah I was going SLI on the grphx card...I just had one card selected at that time. I will most likely go with a CRT as suggested...and IIRC the RAM I selected was recommended for oclocking by anandtech...I think I am not mistaken.

did you guys not see that he's doing some dcc work on it primarily? he WILL be making use of dual core whenever he's rendering.

Yes the primary intention is for DCC work...I would if I could use the Quadro 4400s from Nvidia but they are 3k a pop I believe...but if the project I am working on pulls thru you guys can bet I will have built a really phat machine...either on my own...or have voodoopc built a top of the line dcc machine for me based on multiple multi core procs...I hope Nvidia launches their quadros based on the 7800 series! That would be way sick!!

Oh and before I forget, my brother has a Thermaltake and that case rocks! I have always have had a good experience with their products and so on...thats why I selected the case.

Back