What do you think of Resident Evil 4?

Hmm..very interesting too bad I'm not an IGN subscriber :devilish:

I like the idea though 8)

On a related note, RE0 should be out in couple weeks :eek:

Edit: It's already out :oops: Guess I'll be getting my copy today 8)

RE4 for non insiders...
http://myhome.hanafos.com/~jlee92886/biohazard4.mov

Someone posted that link in GA, haven't seen it though... expressions about it, i've read at GA go like.... Blows away everything in xbox, better looking than RE prerendered cube titles, fully 3d... better models than past incarnations...

Heck when i heard capcom saying they could make their previously prerendered games(onimusha, re...) better looking and realtime... i thought they were joking!!!

What?! :LOL:

You must be kiddin. just look at the "walking in the corridor with the curtains on the left + switch to first person view" sequence.

It's totally 3D realtime dude.

TTP said:
What?! :LOL:

You must be kiddin. just look at the "walking in the corridor with the curtains on the left + switch to first person view" sequence.

It's totally 3D realtime dude.

May be some sequences are real-time, there are some parts that are too good to be real time, like the sudden turn around of the head and the collapse at the contamination.

If it is truely real time rendered, I will be very happy and can't wait to play it on my Cube, Resident Evil 0 (I have the trial version) is still extremely far from that video.

Looks nice.

But I wish they would just stick with their current method. The graphics are already great, and the current control scheme makes a lot of sense with it. I love the controls the way they are...as they add excitement to the game.

November 14, 2002 - Capcom has been promising big things from Resident Evil 4 and having seen the game first hand today through a short trailer clip, we find ourselves believing them. The clip reveals an amazing looking game and one that, despite having completely 3D backgrounds, manages the same level of atmosphere as found in its pre-rendered predecessors.

While watching the clip, keep in mind that everything is being rendered in real-time -- there's no pre-rendered CG what-so-ever (even the areas that look pre-rendered aren't). Graphics have clearly come a long way since Resident Evil: Code Veronica.
http://cube.ign.com/articles/377/377332p1.html

All done in real time.

Looks pretty damn impressive! Wow! Hmm... too bad I never liked Biohazard. Well if they change the controls I might be interested... (I *HATE* first-person controls in a cinematic perspective!)

at last... I was so sure they would remake the games in full 3D after they made Resident Evil Code Veronica on my Dreamcast, I was VERY disapointed when I saw that Resident Evil was still NOT in FULL 3D on the gamecube !

The gameplay need to be changed, it really is poor. (in Resident Evil NGC)

bas1975 said:
All done in real time.

I am not a subscriber of Insider and I haven't read any text than the Quicktime Movie.

If it is all real time, thumb up and salute to Capcom for making such a great thing. Can't wait to play it.

Looks like they copy and pasted Squall from FF VIII. Hell, his name is even 'Leon'

Just remember this is the character Leon S. Kennedy who was one of the main characters of Resident Evil 2....which came out before Final Fantasy 8 I do believe ;)

Awesome looking game. The promo seems to allude to some new twist in the series....I wonder what exactly applies if Leon is "contaminated" with a virus.

Back