What do a flat tire on a car and mowing the lawn have in common?

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
They both are gonna be taking up the bulk of my Saturday. <sigh>

upload_2021-11-20_11-58-24.png

I could take it to Discount Tire and have it repaired for free, but there is an hour and a half wait there and it's a lot easier/quicker to just pull the wheel and do it myself. Got to run out and grab a fresh tire plug kit first, my glue is dried up and I can't find the insertion tool thingy.

Anyone else having a fun one? If my wife falls asleep when I'm doing that I'm gonna replace my PSU after. ( I can't do it when she's awake/around, too much dust.)

I went for a trail ride this morning, in 29 degrees. Was a good ride though, haven't been able to get out much lately due to kid's sports.

Played a game of Zombicide with my kids just now, their first time playing it and even my daughter had a lot of fun with it.

Tonight we have my daughter's last soccer game of the season in the cold under lights at a high school, then going out for dinner after.

29 degree trail ride?!? I was gonna go mow the lawn because it's up to 51 right now when it's been in the mid-20 to low-30s all week. :oops:

Oh, I got drafted in to cooking lunch for 3 people which messed up my plans a bit. Got all the bits now to fix the tire, but I'm gonna mow while it's still all warm out. :)

I went for a trail ride this morning, in 29 degrees. Was a good ride though, haven't been able to get out much lately due to kid's sports.

Played a game of Zombicide with my kids just now, their first time playing it and even my daughter had a lot of fun with it.

Tonight we have my daughter's last soccer game of the season in the cold under lights at a high school, then going out for dinner after.
Are you a mountain biker? I had not realized. 29 is cold. 29C is lovely. Last Wednesday I had my last good weather ride till spring with kids. I'm trying to boycott kids sports and just ride with them. This weekend I had to fix the dryer. Company coming so it dies Friday night of course.

Last edited:
Are you a mountain biker? I had not realized. 29 is cold. 29C is lovely. Last Wednesday I had my last good weather ride till spring with kids. I'm trying to boycott kids sports and just ride with them. This weekend I had to fix the dryer. Company coming so it does Friday night of course.
Yeah full suspension mountain bikes on trails. Sorry, yes 29F, it was quite cold :)

My daughter's team won their last game, finishing 8-1 for the season. Total 34 GF and 4 GA. Also luckily the only team that beat us who was in first place tied their last game which gave us the #1 final placing for the division. Yay!

The coach and the parents of the other team last night were the most aggressive and loudest group I've ever seen at a soccer game. It was insane. I wasn't sure we were getting out of there without a fight starting.

Kids sports can get super wild. A lot of my neighbors and colleagues have all their time absorbed by them as well.it is strange to me how invested people get. Don't get me wrong when kids I know or mine are playing I want them to win, but some people lose their mind.

There is a fine line between wanting your kids to win and being a psychotic I learned when my kids were in school, never did understand the pyscho parents...at least about sports and stuff. Sports in school is supposed to be competitive yes, but also fun/educational. It's not meant to be life or death. :|

Back