What did you find calming?

Have a wank.

If it has to be something you can do with others around (without causing a stir);

- go for a walk.
- read a book.
- go out for a good dinner.
- go for a drive.
- get a good night sleep.
- soak in the tub.

Basically anything that doesn't involve looking at a monitor/tv.

thanks a bunch. will try to go around on a bicycle tomorrow.

i no longer have physical books unfortunately. so no lazying around while reading.

Maybe try some THC gummies?
Usually works for me, but others mileage may vary. Some don't get calmer by getting high, it just adds to their anxiety. :(
Sorry to hear about your situation Orangelupa and I hope life gets calmer for you, or at least the inside of your head does. Hang in there, I'm rooting for you! :love:

EDITED BITS: Whenever I get too stressed/rageful I usually toss on some headphones or crank a bluetooth speaker and jam out while doing cleaning/home improvement. It doesn't always work, but at least the house gets a bit better and that always makes me feel a little better.

Usually works for me, but others mileage may vary. Some don't get calmer by getting high, it just adds to their anxiety. :(
Sorry to hear about your situation Orangelupa and I hope life gets calmer for you, or at least the inside of your head does. Hang in there, I'm rooting for you! :love:

EDITED BITS: Whenever I get too stressed/rageful I usually toss on some headphones or crank a bluetooth speaker and jam out while doing cleaning/home improvement. It doesn't always work, but at least the house gets a bit better and that always makes me feel a little better.

Yeah THC edibles for me never worked.... it never helped me getting relax but the very opposite, it would make me feel more anxious and sometimes paranoid (depending on the amount I ingested). If you are not mood/mentally balanced I'd recommend you to stay away from edibles for a moment. Screenless activities are a good option now. (y)

I think is because you are rewatching something you liked and is associated with good memories so it's something like re-living good moments of your life. It also could be that those animes series are feel good/good ending?

I think is because you are rewatching something you liked and is associated with good memories so it's something like re-living good moments of your life. It also could be that those animes series are feel good/good ending?
And they're usually some form of isekai so it is probably just my form of escapism, but that's ok since it helps me and doesn't really hurt anyone else. Beats smoking at least for my heart. ;)

EDITED BITS: Sorry, smoking cigarettes used to be my way to deal with stress but I got rid of that due to it's a terrible thing to do to your body. Same with drinking for me.

By the way how did you edit your post? Can't seem to find any edit option :unsure:
I'm not positive since it has changed a number of times since I joined, but I believe you have to be a member for a certain length of time or have a certain amount of posts, (sidenote: all off-topic posts do not count towards your post count), before you're allowed to edit your own posts.
They do that for reasons, very good reasons I'm sure, I just don't really know the reasons. You will be able to someday, hang tough. ;)

Basically anything that doesn't involve looking at a monitor/tv.

I'd like to make an exception to that rule. I find that vigorously exercising and stretching (what you should always do before and after exercising) while watching something on the TV can be extremely relaxing. The combination is almost like medition.

Hell, almost any sort of physical activity can be very calming as you tend to focus on the physical activity and other considerations tend to melt away while you're doing it.

Regards,
SB

I got given a pretty high-importance new task at work & it was stressing me out pretty bad 😵‍💫
I realised that there is a route home via a park I can take which is only a few mins longer walk but I get to peace-out a bit beside gurgling stream with birds, trees & crunchy gravel underfoot, has helped tremendously 😇
Technically a stormwater drain so a bit less salubrious than ideal but still better than asphalt/street.

https://asoftmurmur.com/ gives some nice audio tune-out sound mixes that helped me through a few nights.

Otherwise: I have a pint-glass for Rum & coke/Vodka & lemonade 😅

Back