What console do you *currently* intend to get? (Post E3 edition)

Having seen E3, what console do you *currently* intend to get?

• Total voters

Shifty Geezer

uber-Troll!
Legend
The sequel to this poll, but now with added Pricing Facts and more Details, what are your purchasing intentions?

XBox One - $499, €499, £429, worldwide launch November

PlayStation 4 - $399, €399, £349,

If I were to get a console... yeah. :p

edit: Not until 2015 at the earliest. Gotta wait for 20nm. ;) Otherwise, nothing's really grabbing my "Day 1" attention really.

$499 for always online drm machine

or

$399 for no drm machine that will have better multiplats?

The choice is too easy, MS didn't even put up a fight.

Anyways, just a friendly reminder that other threads exist to compare the business strategy and the technical hardware of the two systems. Please try to keep the versus items out of this thread.

lol i'm the only one who picked the xbox ? nice .

I'll also get a wii u but after it hits $200. Can't miss smash

Just pre-ordered a PS4 on Amazon (Previously, owned 360-only. Sorry, MS you screwed the pooch with that one.)

It is hard...

- Xbox One: I like the games, more than PS4 games, and services looks good. But the price is too high and DRM

- PS4: Great price, no DRM, but games...

I don't know... :cry:

I won't get any console until the version 1 bugs are worked out--maybe 1-2 years from release but the PS4 is more compelling. One of the reasons I got my PS3 five years after it was released was because I got a console for $299 that was originally $599 (+bigger hard drive, -backward compat). With a $399 price, you likely won't see much of a price drop in 3-4 years so it 's "safe" to get at $399.

The only thing to wait for for those who don't buy consoles at release is for a slim version and more space but not price.

Number one issue: Online DRM.
I was really afraid at some point. But it worked.

Ehh...I have preordered both systems. I have the cash and I love the games from both set of first party studios, the drm is also something that doesn't bother me,soo....yeah.

It's the weirdest thing, but the PS4 is almost a perfect fit for my use case by catering to some of my wants and not having as much to offer in areas I do not care about.

I think it's unfortunate in a way that it appears the camera isn't standard. I don't actually feel compelled for it, but I do see something like Kinect as being technically interesting. Might be better since I'm not sure if the version Sony has isn't a dead end.

Too bad for Sony, because I don't think my niche case is really a growth segment: a mostly offline gamer who caringly tends his owned physical media, is too lazy to flail, is contrarian enough to resent a millisecond of mandatory daily obeisance to corporate central, and hates people.

Well, that and I have a PC.

Didn't vote because the Xbox One is too expensive. Hopefully it's $100 cheaper by the time Halo 5 or the next Red Dead comes out. I'll probably play 360 games for at least another year. The fat Elite is still going strong, hopefully it doesn't fail on me before I'm ready.

Tommy McClain

I thought about it but when I play games I play with a PC attached to the TV the vast majority of the time. The PC by my TV has far more impressive specs than the PS4/Xbox One that I can't really justify their purchase. The exclusives on PS4/Xbox One may end up on the PC anyway and I can't play all the games I want to anyway. I will likely get an Xbox One because it actually offers something I can't get from my PC (Kinect + Voice controls) So if I can go 'Xbox On Sky TV channel 3' in New Zealand then I will likely purchase one within a year of launch.

It will take time. The announced games on Xbox One make that first, but I never buy the first model year or version of anything. I want to see a year and how many fall apart. (I missed the RROD but my receiver got the brittle solder/first lead free BGA disaster instead.)

So maybe a year out or so when I can clearly see the dust settle on the various issues.

Next is the PS4 likely a year or two after the Xbox One.

Thing is that it might change during the 1st year waiting after the Xbox One release if the PS4 library develops to my liking and/or the Xbox One issues (such as used games) doesn't blow over or end up ok. Or if a game play or graphics fidelity difference/issue becomes apparent in the first year. For example if MS has a Sony week or so network hack mess and Xbox One becomes unusable during the first year...

Or if the PC <> Xbox One <> PS4 porting/cross platform goes nicely... ...then I might just get one of the two in ~1 to 1.5 years and a really nice new gaming PC in ~2.5 to 3 years.

PS4 for me.

XB1 price is pure unshapely arrogance on MS' part. Plus the major exclusive TitanFall that interests me I will get on PC.

Win win for me really.

PS4. Was going to wait a year or so until I found a good deal, but I think it's totally worth it at $399. I won't be lining up at launch (never do), but I'll get one when I can find one.

Neither will launch in Asia in '13 anyway so I guess that's the iPad Mini 2 for me.

Waiting for the Xbox One Mini/Xbox One Pricecut Edition here. :LOL:

Back