What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
UT2004, as it's one of the few games I really like that plays well on this old machine that I'm stuck with for the next few weeks.

God bless you Epic.

WoW, EQ 2, EQ 1.. and I just started to try Vanguard. But havent been terribly pleased with it so far.
Sigh. I really want to jump back onto a MMORPG, but just cant bring myself to actually do it. Vanguard seriously punched me in the gut. If Conan turns out to be a dog, Ill seriously give up on MMOs. :(

Sigh. I really want to jump back onto a MMORPG, but just cant bring myself to actually do it. Vanguard seriously punched me in the gut. If Conan turns out to be a dog, Ill seriously give up on MMOs. :(

I figured 6 months would improve Vanguard from beta. But now its more directionless than it was. There will be no "MMORPG" saviors. Just play what you can and enjoy what you will. The genre is too large now for there to be any real innovation or change.

Counter-Strike: Source, more specifically gun game mod. Maps that are generally textured with blocks stating their size..... true proof of gameplay over graphics.

I am playing Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars, with modded default leves (Kane maps to). Made it myself, changes the camera height a bit and I changed the fog settings for most maps to have a visual better atmosphere and removed the upper screen "wallfogs".

Enjoying it so much I can't stop playing it (well I did to write in here!). :)

stalker and Slient Hunter 4 (new games)

alternating with:

plus aged Gothic3 and Oblivion (original 1st game unfinished)

also unfinished and languishing:

just cause, dark messiah, GTA SA, Hitman Blood Money, Splinter Cell Double Agent, The longest journey, tomb raider sequel w lara croft

also almost finished (but rarely visited at this point):

Gothic 2 NOTR, Gothic 1, Anachronox

recently finished or in semi progress (mulitple playthroughs):

Soldier of fortune 2, NOLF1, James Bond: Nightfire, Deus Ex

thinking of another playthrough

soldier of fortune1, Postal2

and since i only play avg 10 hours a week at this point in my life, i don't make much progress.

Currently got three games on the go;

rFactor (Porsche Carrera Cup Mod mostly although there are so many mods available and each mod is like anther game).

Supreme Commander (played my first LAN game at the weekend, with my two Brothers against 3 Supreme AI, we lost but it was great fun and lasted about 7hours - lol).

FEAR(Still slogging through this although the previous two take most of my time).

Although I've been too busy to get more than a few hours of gameplay each week as of late, I always end up playing RTCW: ET or BF2 (a love-hate game)....

Now, if there was only a developer that could update RTCW: ET with some fresh new eye-candy but keep the gameplay the same, I'd be in heaven! lol

a bit of doom at home on the big PC (using prboom, software mode in 1024x768, and a free 27MB soundfont for midi), and here the original Incredible Machines (running on a glorious P100@75, 8MB RAM, S3 Virge, 100MB HDD with MS-DOS 6.00)

Eve Online
HL²/Episode 1 with FakeFactory's Cinematic Pack 4.0 (Although I have some problems making it to work reliably)

I've been playing BF: 2142 pretty regularly for a while now, not a whole lot of good servers lately (at least that I can connect to on my crappy campus Internet connection). I just picked up C&C3 recently too, and its a lot of fun.

Supreme Commander and Dark Messiah also came with my 8800, but I haven't really gotten into either game. Dark Messiah just isn't that good, and I'm terrible at Supreme Commander.

Anyone else never played Dark Messiah's multiplayer? It just plain doesn't open for me....

Europa Barbarorum mod for Rome:Total War :D
Occasional attempts at Sup Com & Battlestations:Midway too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back