What are you playing now? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
After finishing Atom RPG and the sequel (it's awesome btw), I started another RPG, Encased. Pretty good so far, same formula as most rpg, which I like.

I bought Sniper Elite 5 on discount too since I really like the serie. I'll start it later.

I have Sniper Elite 2 + 4 I enjoyed 2 more than 4
Just went to see what price Sniper Elite 5 was and discovered there is a Sniper Elite VR have you played it?

Last edited:
i'm done with TLOUR, now blazing through TLOU2.

2 is a remarkable improvement over 1. That's not a fair statement in the way it's written some people will take that wrong; but I would say a lot was learned and you can see there is a lot of growth from the developers from 1 to 2.

Dodging is critically, and significantly such a crucial addon, story telling and dialog continue to set a higher bar than what was already set.

Reactions: snc
I have already played the first 2 chapters of Guardians of the Galaxy and I am going to stop there. Such a disappointing game and I would describe as an empty shell.

The only good (but not great) aspect of the game is the presentation (but I'd say Killzon SF is still much better looking and way more varied) but everything else is so bland.

Most of the game feel so linear with long cutscenes or semi-controlled gameplay (why can't I turn around here in a gameplay scene ? stupid) but even the "free" sections feel for me like a shooter on rail with very limited gameplay (imagine TLOU gameplay complexity divided by 10) + obsolete QTEs.

The shooting against the ennemies is awfull and boring. The environnment, while grandiose, are incredibly uninteresting and it seeemd like the developers were using a NES color palette for them (I mean if only).

And the "narrative/story" part of the game ? It's cringe. Hey look how cool the game is ! Look how funny the characters are !

I have already played the first 2 chapters of Guardians of the Galaxy and I am going to stop there. Such a disappointing game and I would describe as an empty shell.

The only good (but not great) aspect of the game is the presentation (but I'd say Killzon SF is still much better looking and way more varied) but everything else is so bland.

Most of the game feel so linear with long cutscenes or semi-controlled gameplay (why can't I turn around here in a gameplay scene ? stupid) but even the "free" sections feel for me like a shooter on rail with very limited gameplay (imagine TLOU gameplay complexity divided by 10) + obsolete QTEs.

The shooting against the ennemies is awfull and boring. The environnment, while grandiose, are incredibly uninteresting and it seeemd like the developers were using a NES color palette for them (I mean if only).

And the "narrative/story" part of the game ? It's cringe. Hey look how cool the game is ! Look how funny the characters are !

I got to the middle of Chatper 4 before quitting.
There's not much of a "game" to it. They just drag you along a narrow path with lots of character chatter and occasionally you encounter a choke point where you have to spend ten minutes utilizing every combo at your disposal, usually in a fixed sequence, to defeat the prepackaged enemy-dump. I watched a couple of youtube videos of people playing this and I was dismayed to see how similar their experiences were to my own.
This has become a problem for a wide swath of gaming. Lots of fancy visual and control tricks are used to obscure the fact that the games are really nothing more than lengthy QTE sequences.

I think it would have been a significantly better game if it was a typical Telltale series instead.

I think it would have been a significantly better game if it was a typical Telltale series instead.

I've been meaning to play that one, but I read that only the first episode is on the disc and you have to d/l the rest. I'm not a fan of buying physical things that don't actually exist. I hope it hits Gamepass at some point.

Finished Stray, nice little game tough little overhyped, 7/10, bought wwe2k22, my first wrestling game since psx wwf warzone ;d Clunky gameplay but have fun with it.

Spider-man, and I'm currently insanely frustrated and disappointed.:(

Problem is that there's too many weird keyboard binds. I've been trying to do mice binds to cover it, but my G502 only has 13 buttons and 7 of mine are already dedicated.

So I ordered an EVGA X15 which will be here tomorrow, decent sale on Amazon and 20 buttons with a shift key that allows a total of 38 possibilites seems like it could do the job. :D

You can, but I can't hit all the keys I need while dealing with WASD with my left hand alone. My right hand has time and fingers to spare, so I figured try that. Probably very much a me thing more than a general problem, I'm just getting a bit older and my hands ain't as nimble as they used to be.

You can, but I can't hit all the keys I need while dealing with WASD with my left hand alone. My right hand has time and fingers to spare, so I figured try that. Probably very much a me thing more than a general problem, I'm just getting a bit older and my hands ain't as nimble as they used to be.

If you are still using WASD I'd suggest moving to RDFG (which is what I use) or at least ESDF. That gives much greater flexibility in terms of keybinds with additional useable keys to the left of the movement keys. This is especially true with more keys that you can actuate using your pinky which doesn't get used for movement. I can easily hit the ASZX keys with my pinky.

Whenever a game forces me to use WASD, it's just infuriatingly constraining.

Regards,
SB

I'm almost finished with Death Stranding. The main story is complete and I'm just finishing a few outstanding orders. I thought it was absolutely superb. Great and very different story which was extremely deep and detailed. The gameplay is incredibly addictive, it's probably the most addictive "complex" game I've played since Skyrim (complex as in not a management sim which are like crack to me). Probably what struck me most about the game though is it's beautiful sense of isolation. You really feel alone out there and a million miles away from another living soul. Such a nice outlet from the hectic pace of modern life. It's definitely a game I'll remember for a long time.

If you are still using WASD I'd suggest moving to RDFG (which is what I use) or at least ESDF. That gives much greater flexibility in terms of keybinds with additional useable keys to the left of the movement keys. This is especially true with more keys that you can actuate using your pinky which doesn't get used for movement. I can easily hit the ASZX keys with my pinky.

Whenever a game forces me to use WASD, it's just infuriatingly constraining.

Regards,
SB
It also lets me comfortably use the alt key with my pinky! Thanks, I'll give that a try too. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back