What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a €24/month one (T-Mobile) with "unlimited" use and it's all fun and yay untill you run into the data limit of this "unlimited" bundle and you're thrown back in time to 1992..

Anyone else use a USB modem? Verizon offers them, and I'm sure other companies do as well, but my mother gave me one and it's the best invention in the history of gaming. I played WoW on a BUS. A BUS! It also makes my lunch hour a lot more enjoyable when I get to game at the local Starbucks without having to worry about fiddling with their stupid Wifi.

A short while back I had considered getting mobile broadband or whatever you want to call it. Didn't seem worth it in my eyes, plus the down/upstreams can very alot. The fact that it was (of course) more expensive than normal home DSL, was 1/10 as fast (at the time at least), and on top of that, I didn't really need to be mobile, and I couldn't see any justification for it. And Chalnoth, that's pretty crazy it can compete with DSL in Italy. If only we had that kind of real competition and various options in the US. Had things gone according to plan, most homes would've been on fiber optic by now, for the same price or even less that what we pay now. During my family and I's first year in Texas in 1997, fiber optic cable was layed throughout the our neighborhood (a subdivision - the American way of suburbanism:p). However to do this day (I don't live there anymore), I'm not even sure if the FO cable is even used, and if it is, I'm for certain very few people have service on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The endless search for goodness unearthed
max payne
ghost recon advanced warfighter
republic the revolution - I played this when it first came out and couldnt make head nor tail of it

cant complain for £1 each though

Im playing... Red Faction Guerilla! Well whenever my Steam decides to work that is!!! :( It throws up connection errors at me and yet I've forwarded all the ports. ;_;

I've been playing Altitude, thanks to the free Steam weekend. Picked it up for £3.50 (50% off) after an hour or twos play. Great pick up and play fun.

It's a side on 2D plane shooter which shines in multiplayer. The more you play and do cool stuff the more you level up and earn new planes and new upgrades. There are various modes to play, such as typical death match and team death match, but more interesting is the football and bombing modes, which are objective based team games.

The interface is not so great, but it's quick to get into a game. The real issue is that a lot of stuff is left unexplained, like how to upgrade your plane. It's not really that hard, but I didn't even know I could do it until I clicked a few menu items out of curiosity. The in-action stuff is well explained though, with the game encouraging you to play an offline version of each mode (complete with tutorial tips) before you hit the servers. The server browser is simple, quick and has the detail you want.

You can play with keys or a 360 pad like I do, which works just fine. The controls at first take a bit of getting used to, unless you've been playing some retro 2D plane shooters recently.

Although it's simple and cartoony, some people actually play this competitively, with a user made ladder tournament system. You can find the odd youtube video of competitive matches with commentary. Apparently professional Star Craft players are among those responsible for balancing the game, and it does feel well-balanced. New power-ups or planes seem to give different options, rather than overpowered versions of what you've already had. It's still quite noob friendly though. When you die you have a short re-spawn timer then you're back in to it.

It's a whole lot of fun. Well worth the typical £7 asking price to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still beating monsters and what not in The Witcher! 4th chapter now and WOW! it does looks great + music is top notch in that chapter! (not to mention pretty girls you can not only talk to :smile:)

In between weekends when I might have few minutes to play I'm enjoying COD:MW2 with friends.
After The Witcher I have MassEffect 2, AvP, Red Fraction Guillera, Metro2033 and few more to try ... (mostly birthday gifts :p).

Mass Effect 2 - I've just finished with the last DLC and decided to uninstall. I've had enough of that and I don't really need any more minor side quests that should have been in the original game.

Aliens Vs Predator - Quite a bit of fun, playing first as the marine (a bit weak), an Alien (good fun, and a bit bonkers running on the ceiling and jumping onto people), and then a Predator (too much re-engaging the cloak and messing with vision modes, but lots of weapons and leaping about whilst invisible). A decent single player story played from different viewpoints and with lots of toys.

Bioshock 2 - finally finished this off. Played evil, so got the evil ending and evil daughter, with expected evil narrative. Lots of gadgets, annoying camera research to get combat bonuses, and too small a FOV on widescreen monitors. Feels like you have a pipe tied to your head, but that's Bioware and console ports for you. An interesting storyline, but somewhat repetitive gameplay with console-ish minigames, but creepily engaging.

Bioshock 2 - finally finished this off. Played evil, so got the evil ending and evil daughter, with expected evil narrative. Lots of gadgets, annoying camera research to get combat bonuses, and too small a FOV on widescreen monitors. Feels like you have a pipe tied to your head, but that's Bioware and console ports for you. An interesting storyline, but somewhat repetitive gameplay with console-ish minigames, but creepily engaging.
Don't think Bioware had anything to do with that, buddy.

Playing mini ninjas.

Cute little animals that got turned into cute little dark ninjas that remind me of the goblins from The Labrynth that you turn back into cute little animals by beating them up and hurling fireballs and lighting storms at them while making cute little (mini) ninja hya hya sounds.

Currently avoiding one of the games bosses flatulence.

Im naughty and I have a bunch of games im playing.

Jagged Alliance 2
Moo2
Heroes of Might and Magic 5
Alan Wait
Red Faction: Guerilla.

Its quite a collection. :) When im finished with Alan Wait I'll probably go back into some Freespace!

Btw GOG.com rox! I got Jagged Alliance 2, Moo 1+2 and Freespace 2 for $17!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back