What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My PC is out of date (BFG Geforce 6600GT OC + AMD Athlon64 2800 (754 pin)), and there's nothing pushing me to buy a new PC lately, so I'm playing some DOD: Source.

I just purchased 3 first episodes of the new Sam and Max -game. I've only briefly played the original game but I'm enjoying this new title quite much.

Jageed Alliance 2. Anyone played the explansion? I'm thinking of trying to find it...

Aye, I bought the Unfinished Business but never really got into it. But I've heard that it's rather good. You should check out the free JA2 Deidranna Lives which is supposed to be a really good addon.

i've tried 2 replays of vice city, but im having bugs i've never had before (some cars won't go in reverse...boats are too slow to beat time trials...dodo too slow to even get airborne!

then, i made some more progress in GTA SA...but got bored with contemporary gaming for a bit.

now im in an Oblivion mood again. so last night i played some of that. and plan on some weekend time as well.

before vice city, i finally got my G3 (origianal game) up to the point where i have all the fire chalices and artifiacts. haven't decided what to do with all that yet. thinking perhaps (eventually when the mood strikes me) i'll finish wacking all the Orc towns..then see how that impacts xardus view on things (he wants to help orcs?..i think)...since orcs are extinct. probably gonna kill rhobar though...since he stuck me and others in prison...one just doesn't get over somebody who advocates your destruction simply because they don't approve of your lifestyle (no victims)....same thing all xtians have to look forward to, if people ever wise up to their frauds.

Jageed Alliance 2. Anyone played the explansion? I'm thinking of trying to find it...

I remember finding Jagged Alliance 2 really really difficult. My friend had it and we'd always end up a team of guys armed with pistols up against guys with assault rifles. Perhaps I should revisit the game. I've always liked the turn based tactical games like that.

I remember finding Jagged Alliance 2 really really difficult. My friend had it and we'd always end up a team of guys armed with pistols up against guys with assault rifles. Perhaps I should revisit the game. I've always liked the turn based tactical games like that.

there are a bunch of different theories on how to begin, but, generally, you're going to take some casualties at the start. This time around, I hired three dudes with pistols and made my main character good at doctoring and automatic weapons. This net me one SMG to start, which helps. But basically, the first fight has maybe a couple enemies with SMGs but mostly dudes with pistols, and they're all pretty bad at marksmanship. So move carefully, group tightly, and when you see enemies, hit the dirt. This makes it fairly easy to avoid getting shot and killed, and improves your accuracy. Another trick, vitally important to using pistols, is to right click on your target before shooting. This allows you to spend extra APs to take aim and significantly improves accuracy, and you can do it several times for added effect. Once you get some SMGs in your party it becomes a lot easier. Climb rooftops for vision and safety, and pick people off with your rifles. Take the first town to the east, Drassen, and you'll have income, which will enable you to afford to hire guys with real guns, and later there's actually a gun shop, too. but yeah, the beginning's pretty tough and (IMO) you have to hire on the cheap, accept some losses, build up a good equipment stash and work from there.

For those interested my guild downed Gruul last night. Here is a screenshot of a dead Gruul on the floor of his lair. The loot is shown in the screenshot, we're hoping to get him on farm status soon and then move on.

Cool, congrats. Funny you post regarding WoW. I was bored today and I wanted to see if my characters were still up on "Armory." To my surprise they are, even though I've been inactive for months. It made me really want to start playing again.

I'm contemplating it. If I actually did I'd probably go back to horde.

It made me really want to start playing again.

No, don't you dare.
headache.gif

Just go play Duke Nukem 3D or something and save your brain cells ;)

Cool, congrats. Funny you post regarding WoW. I was bored today and I wanted to see if my characters were still up on "Armory." To my surprise they are, even though I've been inactive for months. It made me really want to start playing again.

Blizzard doesnt' delete accounts I believe, so it will always be on the armory and always be there if you come back. Its really a brilliant idea that way people can't make the excuse "but I'll have to start over again" if they want to play.

Really, I don't understand the negativity that surrounds WoW and the people who play it. Its a very enjoyable game and with a few friends (or good guild) you can do nearly everything the game has to offer. Be it PvP or PvE. Right now besides working on instances I trying to get a Arena team started and work towards the awesome Gladiator gear. If you couldn't tell from the screenshot (its a bit chaotic) my characters name is Mazorp and I play on the Dragonmaw server (PvP). You can check out my armory, I have decent equipment, several epic level items from Karazhan, I'm keyed for every Herioc fraction except for two, and should be adding at least three more epic armor items soon (Frozen Shadoweave set, just got 375 Tailoring). I was REALLY hoping this awesome blade would have dropped in Karazhan tonight but alas it didn't (would have been mine to, other members had already won something, and therefore it would have defaulted to me), oh well.

Blizzard doesnt' delete accounts I believe, so it will always be on the armory and always be there if you come back. Its really a brilliant idea that way people can't make the excuse "but I'll have to start over again" if they want to play.

Really, I don't understand the negativity that surrounds WoW and the people who play it. Its a very enjoyable game and with a few friends (or good guild) you can do nearly everything the game has to offer. Be it PvP or PvE. Right now besides working on instances I trying to get a Arena team started and work towards the awesome Gladiator gear. If you couldn't tell from the screenshot (its a bit chaotic) my characters name is Mazorp and I play on the Dragonmaw server (PvP). You can check out my armory, I have decent equipment, several epic level items from Karazhan, I'm keyed for every Herioc fraction except for two, and should be adding at least three more epic armor items soon (Frozen Shadoweave set, just got 375 Tailoring). I was REALLY hoping this awesome blade would have dropped in Karazhan tonight but alas it didn't (would have been mine to, other members had already won something, and therefore it would have defaulted to me), oh well.

Yeh I'd be interested in seeing your armory, PM it to me if you don't want to share your spec with the entire known universe, that used to bug me when I would display my armory, but some people don't mind. I actually just reinstalled the game. I'm not planning on returning to my old server, for I want to level a horde character again. I fooled around with the Blood Elves for a while right before i quit and I'd like to give them another shot. I'm really craving to PvP again. That's actually the reason for me reinstalling it. I want something fun to play during the summer, and I'm getting a little tired of one dimensional FPS'. If you have any suggestions for servers, I'm always open for those too.

Yeh I'd be interested in seeing your armory, PM it to me if you don't want to share your spec with the entire known universe, that used to bug me when I would display my armory, but some people don't mind. I actually just reinstalled the game. I'm not planning on returning to my old server, for I want to level a horde character again. I fooled around with the Blood Elves for a while right before i quit and I'd like to give them another shot. I'm really craving to PvP again. That's actually the reason for me reinstalling it. I want something fun to play during the summer, and I'm getting a little tired of one dimensional FPS'. If you have any suggestions for servers, I'm always open for those too.

I have no problems sharing mine, its get a bit of whispers on it actually when I bet someone in a dual ("You're frost but not 17/0/44, WTF!?"). You can look at my armory here for an easy link. The reason for a build is two reasons, the first is I actually was the cookie cutter 17/0/44 frost mage for awhile, the reason why people go that build is to get Improved Counterspell... but I found it vastly over rated. My new spec however allows me to deal a bit more damage (A 17/0/44 frost mage in my guild with beter gear does less damage than me) in instances, and it has worked out very nicely for me.

I'm Horde all the way and you won't find an Alliance character to my name. I really do recommend my server (Dragonmaw) to people, there are two guilds on it that are PvP only and apparently have world PvP battles pretty often (one is called TBoH for alliance, the other is Pretaliation on Horde) but they kind of have a bad name (some jerks in them, and they really do suck at PvP ironically). However if you do join my server send me a whisper some time I wouldn't mind throwing some gold your way to help in leveling your character up. Currently Warlocks are by far the most popular class, they're very over powered right now (getting a small nerf for PvP next content patch) with nearly every high rating Arena team having one. Warriors (both Protection and Arms/Fury) are in very high demand for Arena/PvP or to tank in a Raid/Instance. Healers (of any variety actually) are also in high demand. Personally I think a Priest would be a neat level, you could go shadow for leveling and then Holy to heal later on, really a good all around class to test the waters right now.

I have no problems sharing mine, its get a bit of whispers on it actually when I bet someone in a dual ("You're frost but not 17/0/44, WTF!?"). You can look at my armory here for an easy link. The reason for a build is two reasons, the first is I actually was the cookie cutter 17/0/44 frost mage for awhile, the reason why people go that build is to get Improved Counterspell... but I found it vastly over rated. My new spec however allows me to deal a bit more damage (A 17/0/44 frost mage in my guild with beter gear does less damage than me) in instances, and it has worked out very nicely for me.

I'm Horde all the way and you won't find an Alliance character to my name. I really do recommend my server (Dragonmaw) to people, there are two guilds on it that are PvP only and apparently have world PvP battles pretty often (one is called TBoH for alliance, the other is Pretaliation on Horde) but they kind of have a bad name (some jerks in them, and they really do suck at PvP ironically). However if you do join my server send me a whisper some time I wouldn't mind throwing some gold your way to help in leveling your character up. Currently Warlocks are by far the most popular class, they're very over powered right now (getting a small nerf for PvP next content patch) with nearly every high rating Arena team having one. Warriors (both Protection and Arms/Fury) are in very high demand for Arena/PvP or to tank in a Raid/Instance. Healers (of any variety actually) are also in high demand. Personally I think a Priest would be a neat level, you could go shadow for leveling and then Holy to heal later on, really a good all around class to test the waters right now.

In all fairness, I tried both factions and I like them both, maybe Allies a little more than horde, but I never really got to endgame with horde. Now that there's been a significant upgrade cosmetically to the horde with the introduction of the blood elves, yes I'm a hopeless fashionista, I'd like to actually reach end game with a horde. I've actually heard lots about Dragonmaw, and would be interested in trying it out. My old server was Dunemaul, well my main server anyway. All other I abandoned with little hope. TBoH doesn't happen to stand for "The Bane of Horde" does it? Because there was a similar guild on Mal'Ganis named "The Bane of the Alliance" who were...just awful...

Anyway I'll check it out. I'll send you a whisper.

Thanks for the suggestion!

In all fairness, I tried both factions and I like them both, maybe Allies a little more than horde, but I never really got to endgame with horde. Now that there's been a significant upgrade cosmetically to the horde with the introduction of the blood elves, yes I'm a hopeless fashionista, I'd like to actually reach end game with a horde. I've actually heard lots about Dragonmaw, and would be interested in trying it out. My old server was Dunemaul, well my main server anyway. All other I abandoned with little hope. TBoH doesn't happen to stand for "The Bane of Horde" does it? Because there was a similar guild on Mal'Ganis named "The Bane of the Alliance" who were...just awful...

Anyway I'll check it out. I'll send you a whisper.

Thanks for the suggestion!

I always liked Horde because we're rough and don't look soft, I also think Tauren make the best looking Warriors, then Orcs, and then humans. I play a mage though, and therefore I love my Undead (even though we are somewhat ugly). Dragonmaw is pretty awesome server, we're not real far in PvE progression (though not real behind, I our top guild in that regard is in the top 60 in US I believe) but I still like it, a lot better crowd than my first server (Thunderlord). Send the whisper, see ya around in the World of Warcraft.

Right now im re-playing
* slight pause to allow readers to kneel as to show the proper respect to this classic *

System Shock 2

With the 1.05 patch and its support (finally!) for widescreen resolutions, I grabbed a copy of Rainbow Six Vegas for $20 off of Amazon.

there are a bunch of different theories on how to begin, but, generally, you're going to take some casualties at the start. This time around, I hired three dudes with pistols and made my main character good at doctoring and automatic weapons. This net me one SMG to start, which helps. But basically, the first fight has maybe a couple enemies with SMGs but mostly dudes with pistols, and they're all pretty bad at marksmanship. So move carefully, group tightly, and when you see enemies, hit the dirt. This makes it fairly easy to avoid getting shot and killed, and improves your accuracy. Another trick, vitally important to using pistols, is to right click on your target before shooting. This allows you to spend extra APs to take aim and significantly improves accuracy, and you can do it several times for added effect. Once you get some SMGs in your party it becomes a lot easier. Climb rooftops for vision and safety, and pick people off with your rifles. Take the first town to the east, Drassen, and you'll have income, which will enable you to afford to hire guys with real guns, and later there's actually a gun shop, too. but yeah, the beginning's pretty tough and (IMO) you have to hire on the cheap, accept some losses, build up a good equipment stash and work from there.

I would love for there to be a Jagged Alliance 3, or a new game in the same vein. Are there any games like that out in the last year or two? I played that Silent Storm game and liked it a lot until the mechs turned up.

I would love for there to be a Jagged Alliance 3, or a new game in the same vein. Are there any games like that out in the last year or two? I played that Silent Storm game and liked it a lot until the mechs turned up.

Silent Storm is probably the closest thing you can currently find. But Wikipedia says this:

At the moment, Strategy First owns the IP and has published Jagged Alliance: Wildfire and is extending the series with Jagged Alliance 3D and Jagged Alliance 3.
In December 2006, Strategy First outsourced Jagged Alliance 3 again. The publisher along with Akella and F3games, both Russian developers, will create the game. According to Akella's website, Jagged Alliance 3 is currently scheduled to release during Quarter 1 of 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back