What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm playing Deus Ex. It's basically for the first time because I don't think I ever got past the first mission back in the day.

Currently in Hong Kong.

Are you using any of the mods like widescreen, etc.?
I'm only using one of Chris Dohnal's replacement renderers. The D3D9 one I believe.

The game let me pick widescreen no prob and then I just set FOV to 100 in the console when I eventually noticed that the view was narrow. Works fine other than some guns showing missing modeling cuz of the changed FOV.

there is a HRP around for Deus EX, makes it look so much better :LOL:.

right now im playing duke 3d with eduke32 v2 (isn't released you have to download the source and compile). V2 adds dynamic lighting, normal/Parallax/specular
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9nVuf6OM2g

have a bunch of other mods on as well,

Duke plus is a must
duke HRP as well
and a silly little mod that gives duke the gloves from the very first DNF video ( seen where he getts the cheese from the vending machine)

it great fun!!!

I prefer playing the classics in their original form. Not to say that texture packs aren't nifty, but I like to "immerse" myself in the graphics technology of the time too.

I've been getting into the Champions Online open Beta recently. It's quite fun! There are some pretty clear balance issues that need to be worked out, but that will come in time, I'm sure.

(The beta is open to GameSpy subscribers and to people who have pre-ordered the game)

Playing Assassins Creed. God its a beautiful game. Running it maxed out at 2560 x 1600 and full aa and driver forced aa. Still there are jaggy shadows but I can live with it. So beautiful! DX 10 definitely looks a bit better than DX 9. Tried enabling AO but it was glitchy.

Call Of Juarez Bound In Blood, got 5 minutes from the end and got so pisst off with the bullshit flawed 'showdown' segments I watched the ending on youtube :(

It's a good game with a couple of things that annoyed the living hell out of me, namely the 'showdown' parts, sometimes taking 15+ attempts to get though because of how poor they are. The game would of been a lot better without them :(

Graphics wise it has its ups and downs, you can tell its a console game but some parts of the game look like a PC game, textures are hit and miss with some textures on par with Rygels texture pack for Crysis and some are so low in resolution you wonder why the developers even bothered with them.

The 3 things the engine needed for PC are :

1. Support for proper AA
2. Higher shadow resolution
3. A greater/higher draw distance and a less strict LOD system.

I don't think I ever seen the frame rate drop below 100fps on my 4890 :)

Failing that it's a very good game, 8/10 from me :)

If it wasn't for the crappy 'showdown' parts it would of got a 9/10 and if it had AA support and a better LOD it would of got a 10/10

Playing Assassins Creed. God its a beautiful game. Running it maxed out at 2560 x 1600 and full aa and driver forced aa. Still there are jaggy shadows but I can live with it. So beautiful! DX 10 definitely looks a bit better than DX 9. Tried enabling AO but it was glitchy.

Damn, I wish I could play at those settings :D But yeah it is a gorgeous game. And DX10 seems to give the graphics a bit more pop. Its very subtle but at the same time it makes a pretty big difference IMO.

Damn, I wish I could play at those settings :D But yeah it is a gorgeous game. And DX10 seems to give the graphics a bit more pop. Its very subtle but at the same time it makes a pretty big difference IMO.

Yes I have to agree about DX 10. Its gotta be seen to be believed and I dont think its just the placebo effect either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back