What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it have rudder pedals? And I do like the throttle on the Saitek more than the one on the Logitech, but I bet if it does have the pedals, the complete system is going to be more expensive than the Logitech one.

thats why I lock the twist rudder and use the pedals from my steering wheel

In Enemy Engaged Comanche vs Hokum with my X-52, Pedals and Track-Ir I am Agile, Mobile, Hostile ;)

After fooling around with the Resident Evil 5 benchmark, I decided to rent it for my 360. It's great, easily one of the best RE games to date. It's gorgeous. Everything from sweat glistening, to the very fibers on Chris' vest are all rendered beautifully. The player models and animations are all worthy of praise. However, enemy models have quite a few repeated textures. It's really no big deal, though. What I like the most is the facial animation is almost perfect, especially the lip synchronization. I also noticed each weapon reloads according to how that weapon actually functions in real life, Capcom really hit the books with creating realistic reloads. The story is also really interesting.
Jill returns in a very interesting role.
My key complaint is I feel like the intensity of fighting swarms and swarms of enemies, I find myself longing for the slower paced RE games, dating back to 3 and it's predecessors. Once 4 arrived and the entire format changed, I didn't like it. Albeit, I think 5 does a magnificent job of depicting intense action sequences, I actually miss the fixed camera days of the classic RE games. I understand the genre has evolved, in a good way, but the old RE games felt more like a gloomy horror movie, the remake on Gamecube remains my favorite of the series. I'm also disappointed that it seems a lot of the puzzles that were trademark RE have seemed to be phased out and replaced with run and gun. It seemed at every turn in the old games, was a puzzle. So far, I've encountered maybe 4 in total, and I'm being pretty generous with my estimation. This is definitely going to top my list of must buy's when it comes out on PC. The benchmark proved my system was more than ready for it.

I am finishing up Trine [AWESOME], and im slowly starting my frist run trough TITAN QUEST. Im little iritated that tere is no "a-la Diablo 2 chest" in witch i can stash a little gear. I hear that as added in Immortal Throne expansion.

Well, with the release of Daggerfall for free, I decided to get back into that. I had fun, for a time. I tried to follow the main quest line, but then once it broke (a dungeon I needed to go to didn't show up on the map), I stopped playing.

Then I went into Morrowind, and made a new thief-type character and beat the main quest for the original game and the two expansions.

Now I've moved back to Oblivion, and am starting, for the first time in a while, an archery/thief type character. I think I'm going to play through the Dark Brotherhood quest line.

Company of Heroes! I can finally play PC games again. I'm pretty impressed with the 9600M on my macbook pro. I thought it would be pretty crappy, but I'm playing Company of Heroes at high-res with most of the settings up to high/ultra, minus a few. I pretty much left it at the defaults, but it seems smooth and maybe I can put things higher.

I tried out Battlefield Heroes last night. Interesting game. It's obviously a hybrid with Team Fortress 2, but I'm surprised by the number of MMO elements. Team Fortress 2 kind of had that, but this game has leveling, experience, skill trees, money to buy new pants, hats and crap. It has missions, which are kind of like the barracks challenges in COD4, which earn you extra exp. I can't say I'd ever sit down and play it a lot, but it's free and not a bad way to kill twenty or thirty minutes.

Overlord II :D ! refreshing change from all the blood and shooting we usually do ;) ! Alos, my ps3 controller is working great guns with it to complete relaxed gaming from far !

I downloaded NeoTokyo mod thinking it would have some kind of SP, but alas, its all MP. I wanted some Ghost in The Shell kinda SP levles :( !

I'm still making my way through Assasins Creed but having a much better time of it now that I understand what i'm doing. beyond its obvious beauty, its actually a pretty damn good game too. Will almost certainly pick up the second if and when it comes to the PC.

I am finishing up Trine [AWESOME], and im slowly starting my frist run trough TITAN QUEST. Im little iritated that tere is no "a-la Diablo 2 chest" in witch i can stash a little gear. I hear that as added in Immortal Throne expansion.

Immortal Throne adds a "Caravan" which acts like the chest in Diablo. There's even a place in the chest to place items and make them available to all your characters, so if your warrior finds a cool staff you can save it for your caster. Along with the other additions I'd say it's worth it to pick up IT even on a first playthrough of the original campaign.

The search for the illusive Goodness unearthed a trio of slices in my local charity shop
armed and dangerous
ufo aftershock
ufo afterlight

once again the Gaming Gods smile on the Righteous ...

I'm still making my way through Assasins Creed but having a much better time of it now that I understand what i'm doing. beyond its obvious beauty, its actually a pretty damn good game too. Will almost certainly pick up the second if and when it comes to the PC.

I am lining to replay that game in all its dx10 glory on my system when I bea the last remnant. I can only handle 1 game installed on my machine at a time or else I will never get around to finishing anything lol

I am lining to replay that game in all its dx10 glory on my system when I bea the last remnant. I can only handle 1 game installed on my machine at a time or else I will never get around to finishing anything lol

Same here. I do have a few installed but i'm banned from playing them until the current one is finished! Although I do tend to have two games on the go if they are completely different. I.e. Assasins Creed and CM: Dirt as at the moment.

I happened to acquire a copy of Jurassic Park Trespasser. Glad to finally play the real game and not just demos. Hard has hell though with the extremely laboring weapon controls, but interesting to see a game that truly was ahead of it's time. Sucks that it didn't come together so well in implementation, especially as I think hardware wasn't ready for it. Been playing an ass load of BF2 lately now that I got a new joystick. I got the Saitek Cyborg X as I like the adjustable capabilities of it. I'd get a full flight system, but I'm not willing to drop the money really, and the Cyborg X has been nothing but awesome so far for flying in BF2. Good times.

Still need to beat:
Titan Quest
Lost Planet
Far Cry 2
etc.......

And I only keep buying more and more games as I'm installing Black & White 2 as I type! XD

Finally after 2 years got around to finishing the final 2 levels of chrome specforce

also played the last few levels of tribes 3 am I right in thinking there are at least 2 endings ?

I'm playing the funnest thing I've played in a while, it's called "Refurbing an old Inspiron 8200 your sister gave you"....and it's an f-ing BLAST! :D

Lol. I finally got my own desktop again, after years of just using my work provided laptop. First game I tried on it was the Trine demo, which seems ok, but the humble 4350 graphics card in there (itls a little quiet Acer Aspire X1700 box with a quad core and 4GB) doesn't seem quite up to the task of getting the game to run smoothly. It runs decent enough though, at 1024x760 and high detail, but I don't think this desktop pc is going to challenge my PS3 gaming a lot very soon. Probably will be trying some older games on it that I missed earlier though.

Anyway, Trine seems ok, but the demo didn't quite convince me yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back