What are you playing now?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by digitalwanderer, Apr 30, 2007.

1. tEd

tEd Casual Member
    Veteran

AA doesn't work with splinter cell 1,2

2. Galduta

Veteran

With Splinter Cell in ATI videocards turn off AI or rename the exe . In Nvidia , maybe rename the exe .Produce some artifacts

3. anaqer

Veteran

Daikatana.

4. Sobek

Sobek Locally Operating
    Veteran

Any technical reason for that? Or was it simply stated that it "Does not work" and never elaborated on...

I can't believe an UE2.0 game just flatout can't enable AA. is it something to do with the lighting or filter effects? (thermal vision, nightvision and so on). :evil:

5. IbaneZ

Regular

RE4 and Stalker. Gonna replay the Doom 3 expansion next week. :smile:

6. tEd

tEd Casual Member
    Veteran

...becuause they use render to texture for soime effects and the api(d3d8,9a) didn't allow the developers to use AA with RtT.

7. Sobek

Sobek Locally Operating
    Veteran

Ahh right. Well I managed to find a tweak online that allows AA to function, however it produces the occasional issue with reflections for me (lighting issues for everyone else apparently), where the reflection off a distant building will move slightly with my view after I look at it with nightvision turned on.

But damn does the game look so much better with AA enabled, and it still runs perfect. I'm having a hard time choosing between perfect lighting/reflections and no AA, or stuffed reflections and sweet, smooth AA :sad:

8. Neb

Neb Iron "BEAST" Man
    Legend

Modded Company of Heroes version, fantabolous graphics and gameplay! :happy2:

9. macabre

Regular

Two Worlds

Game was released in Germany this week. If you play games like Elder Scrolls/Gothic series then you want to get this when it`s released in your area.
    This game is nice and big, I`ve played for about 6 hours now and I have just been from the north end near Yamalin towards Tharbakin and to the east Brunhill (check this map: http://www.2-worlds.com/images/geo/Antaloor.jpg )
    Also some nice technical features, the loading times are amazingly short.

10. KimB

Legend

Just played through Tales of Symphonia for the first time in a number of months, and am working through Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic now. I expect next I'll probably start another game on Oblivion.

11. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Dangerously Mirthful
    Legend

Did you get AA working in it yet?

12. macabre

Regular

I did not try with AA . My PC is too slow... Some more individual settings would be nice to tweak the performance better. There`s a new update 1.2 btw, which fixes stuff for older Radeons.

digitalwanderer likes this.
  13. digitalwanderer

Legend

I didn't know there was an update, I'll try that.

Two Worlds does look really interesting and like it has a lot of potential, but without AA I ain't gonna play it. :(

14. Skrying

Skrying S K R Y I N G
    Veteran

She looks... err I mean that game looks pretty good.

15. _xxx_

Banned

That pic's been touched up heavily, though.

16. Sobek

Sobek Locally Operating
    Veteran

Just finished Splinter Cell. What an insanely fun, addictive and enjoyable game...the soundtrack is also top notch. I've just finished installing Pandora Tomorrow, going to start that shortly. I've got my copy of Chaos Theory, but i'm going to hold off on getting Double Agent until i've just about finished Chaos Theory. Hopefully by then the price will drop some more and there might even be a little more patchwork or tweaks uncovered :smile:

I'm kicking myself for having not played these from the start. When I played the SC demo it ran so bad I just never bothered, and saw the fan-attention as a sort of Metal Gear-style fanboi orgy (MG sucks balls BTW :wink: ), but I see I was wrong.

Happy days!

*edit* Damnit!

The intro video (the very first UBISOFT one) chunks along for a few seconds then just stops totally, forcing me to alt-tab, task manager and kill the game. They're Bink videos so it can't be a codec problem (or can it?)..any ideas? :mad:

*double-edit* Also, why have I suddenly lost almost 200 posts?

*triple-edit* Managed to solve it via forcing the game down to one core and replacing the binkw32.dll file with an older version from Battlefield 2. Site Feedback is providing insight to postcount issue.

#57 Sobek, May 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2007
  17. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

How is the performance like in TwoWorlds? looks quite interesting, might have to have a look at it. I hope it's not another Gothic mess.

18. digitalwanderer

Legend

I still can't get AA working in Two Worlds, I must be doing something wrong. :oops:

19. Cartoon Corpse

Veteran

thanks for the tip on two worlds. definately looks like something i'd be interested in.

oh, i also recently installed fight simulator x and have gotten to the jet transport tutorial on first play day (and crashed on landing 3 times...1 try per day roughly)

also have ARMA (not installed yet)....and el matador purchased a LONG time ago and never installed. i guess falling behind is better than a game drought.