What are you playing now?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by digitalwanderer, Apr 30, 2007.

1. manux

Veteran Regular

Finally finished pathfinder kingmaker. It's the best possible example how to ruin awesome game towards end. Last 30 hours I wished it was just over and the copy paste and cliches and "just to make it longer" shit kept coming up again and again. And then the glitches feel that much worse like how the kingdom death spiral is irreversible. If the game had been half as long I would have given 9+ for it. Now it turned out to shit I wish to never see again. Such a shame how they didn't realize less is more. God damn, even the bald hill top was same and same and same. I don't think I will play any game from this company again. They have no clue, but they do have functional copy/paste button.

Lightman and digitalwanderer like this.
  2. manux

Veteran Regular

What should I play next? Looking at my library I could start cp2077, prey (+typhon hunter), hitman2, age of wonders: planetfall, stellaris or number of other games. I'm still thinking of postponing cp2077 until later time to allow patches and dlc come in before experiencing it fully. Definitely will play some Noita every now and then but that's not going to be my main game to play.

Any recommendations for good games to grab from steam sales also appreciated. I haven't followed too closely what cool games have come out in recent years. Especially smaller indie(like?) titles like Noita would be fun to try out. VR game suggestions also appreciated. Haven't played much in vr since half life alyx

3. Davros

Legend

Prey is a good game (i assume you mean the 2017 version)
    The older one was good too be aware they both default to the same install folder with the inevitable consequences.
    how about Horizon Zero Dawn, Mad Max, Red Dead Redemption 2, The Outer Worlds, the first 2 of the rebooted Wolfenstein franchise (not the one with the 2 sisters)
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider, for vr StarWars Squadrons
    How about Spec Ops The Line or Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice if you want something thought provoking

manux likes this.
  4. pjbliverpool

pjbliverpool B3D Scallywag
    Legend

To echo Davros Mad Max is WELL worth a play. It's a very memorable experience and pretty unique. RDR2 is also an obvious must play. I'd also say the Ori's fall into that catagory.

I'm currently playing Assassins Creed Odyssey. It's f*cking awesome. I don't usually spend more than 1-2 hours on a game at a time but I've put a near solid 16 hours into it today and I still want more. Please mod it though, its's completely transformative to the graphics making it pretty much the best looking game I've ever played. And that's including RDR2 which I was floored by (it's probably still a toss up to be fair).

As for CB2077... I tested it on my 1070 a few weeks back and then put it in a box until I have a high end GPU and monitor to play it on. I've never experienced anything even close to as immersive as that club in the street kid intro and I intend to get the maximum impact of the full game when I play it for real. Damn the purchasing situation with GPU's right now :(

Lightman and manux like this.
  5. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Dangerously Mirthful
    Legend

I vote for Prey, it's another one where the story sucked me in. Pretty fun. :)

Mad Max was good? Damn, I never tried it. Thanks!

manux likes this.
  6. manux

Veteran Regular

I started prey. The beginning at least is very intriguing. Should be fun!

Mad max seems to be 4.99, 75% discount. I'll buy it now!

digitalwanderer and pjbliverpool like this.
  7. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

My wife and I are playing Valheim. Really enjoying it so far. Survival crafting game with procedurally generated maps. Graphics are very chunky but the effects and aesthetics are outstanding.

#4907 Malo, Feb 16, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  8. green.pixel

Veteran

You are running like Bolt in a game? ;-)

9. manux

Veteran Regular

Prey feels real good. Such a different experience after playing way too much RPG games. I had a rpg marathon. Played baldurs gate II, divinity original sin2, planescape torment, pathfinder kingmaker and pretty much nothing else for a good while.

10. Albuquerque

Albuquerque Red-headed step child
    Veteran

I'll second the vote for Prey and I hope you enjoy it. I found the story line to be pretty interesting (for an FPS anyway.) There are some interesting mechanics in the game which I feel gives it some good replay value.

manux likes this.
  11. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Oops, aesthetics :)

12. eloyc

Veteran Regular

After a looooong break, I resumed playing The Witcher 2. God, I can't. The combat system in the first game seemed shitty but I got to love it and now the new one feels way worse. Also, everything feels like microchapters where you have to do 1 or 2 things, adorned with a few crappy QTEs, and then, next. It's not like the first game with a big map and primary/secondary quests. Also, fucking bugs. The story is interesting but the execution so far is quite annoying and it makes me want to stop playing after a few minutes.

Rodéric likes this.
  13. tongue_of_colicab

Veteran

Finished Doom 2016. Very good and enjoyed it a lot. Tried Snap mode just for the achievements (online in this game appears to be totally dead) but Jesus Christ, if you want an example of why some people shouldn't have the job they have, this is it. It is slow as fuck, and I don't mean it takes 20 seconds to load or whatever, no it takes minutes. Once you are inside the editor everything you do again takes minutes. Tried for 10 minutes and ctrlaltdel'ed out of it because it is just so fucking horrible.

Started with Ori and the will of the wisps. Well that is a waste of 2.5 hours of my time I'll never get back. The game looks great and I especially like the music but I made the stupid mistake of playing on hard. Now this is the type of game where the hard mode be called the lame mode. It's not a hard mode where you require skill, its a hard mode where you need to live with dev incompetence. Enemies are too strong, you die too quick and the environments just aren't designed to deal with the kind of combat you need in hard mode. I don't know why the game even has the amount of combat it does, should have just focused on exploring.Hopefully I can be bothered to start from 0 again.

Lightman likes this.
  14. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

Destiny 2 ever since I ignored the random loot and bounties, its became a joy to play.

If only they sell a 10 dollars IAP that removes random loot and bounties.

15. Davros

Legend

I havnt played Doom 2016 yet I'm hoping its Doom 2020 but without the parkour

16. Globalisateur

Globalisateur Globby
    Veteran Regular Subscriber

Suikoden 2 on PS3. This is a really charming and quite interesting game. I think the game aged pretty well.

17. Davros

Legend

18. PSman1700

Veteran Newcomer

Theres a pc version (aside from emulation).

19. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

Which version have it in native wide screen?

20. PSman1700

Veteran Newcomer

Its been awhile, but you can use widescreen patches for PS1 games just like for PS2 ones. I think i had for suikoden 2, no idea how it compares to 'native' (a real PSX) though.