What are you playing now?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by digitalwanderer, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Davros

Legend

You can install + run Gog games without having the launcher installed
    [​IMG]

#4881 Davros, Jan 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  2. Unknown Soldier

Veteran

Yeah, best thing about GOG.

Been playing God of War 2018 again on my PS5. Man, it's still an amazing game.

Billy Idol likes this.
  3. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

You can also use GoG as your only launcher as it can integrate with Steam, Epic etc

Lightman and Silent_Buddha like this.
  4. Lightman

Veteran Subscriber

Cyberpunk 2077 since it launched. So far I raked up 168h in this game, unlocked 5 endings and carried out with the game after The Sun ending. I was convinced I've done everything, cleared the map and wanted only to have fun and buy remaining cars I was missing. Turns out I was wrong! There are whole missions and long character interactions I've missed + mass of secrets.

I've done Kerry's full story now, had a chat with Monks I've saved, found free car, met MaxTac girl from trailers and more. All that after "finishing" this game :)

PS. Thinking about starting RDR2 after CP2077.

HLJ, pharma, Silent_Buddha and 4 others like this.
  5. Billy Idol

Legend Veteran

I bought a switch when the Zelda game launched - didn't like it, never touched it again.

During Xmas, I fell in love with Hades - great little game. Very fun and rewarding. The only rogue-lite I can stomache. I even finished that one.

And then I realized yesterday, that a demo for the new Monster Hunter game on switch was released - nice!

I still get hand-cramps when using the switch for more than 10min (stupid hardware for tiny kids hand)...but MH Rise demo is awesome and I shake my hands every couple of minutes to keep playing :-D

Lightman likes this.
  6. pjbliverpool

pjbliverpool B3D Scallywag
    Legend

I randomly started playing Jurassic World Evolution because Epic Games store was giving it away for free and my son loves dinosaurs. Figured I'd just open up a few dinosaurs for him and now I can't stop playing it! It's crazy addictive!.

7. DuckThor Evil

Legend Veteran

I had the same issue, the ergonomics of the unit are just terrible. I bought this bolt on grip accessory for the system and I'm very happy with my purchase, only downsize is that you have to remove it when you put the unit into the dock, but the grip slides in and out of the unit easily enough.

8. Albuquerque

Albuquerque Red-headed step child
    Veteran

Was feeling nostalgic and loaded up the Tale of Two Wastelands mod for Fallout 3 / Fallout NV. It basically mashes the two stories together; you start the FO3 (plus all DLC) storyline and work it to completion (at your own pace, of course) and then open up a railroad section to then carry into the FONV storyline. Basically the Lone Wanderer, after having his way with the Capital Wasteland, then becomes (four years later) the Courier who wakes up to find themselves the victim of some serious head trauma in the Mohave Wasteland.

In a nutshell, it unpacks all the FO3 and FONV game assets, preferring the FONV where duplicates exist, into the FONV installation folder. Because it's the FONV binaries, you get all the NV systems like weapons mods, the damage threshold mechanic, the option for hardcore mode and weapon modding. It also pre-includes a number of the "unofficial fix" packs like the 4GB patch to extend the time between memory leak crashes ( ;) ), corrections to several buggy storylines, and the re-inclusion of some assets which were pruned out of the game but still actually exist in the asset files. Because it requires both FO3 and FONV games to have their full DLC sets, you also start out with a level cap of 50 instead of 20 or 30.

It's been a long time since I've played these games, and despite it exhibiting some typical Gamebryo "curiosities", it's a lot of fun.

digitalwanderer and BRiT like this.
  9. Davros

Legend

You aware of this

Albuquerque likes this.
  10. pharma

Veteran Regular

The mystery gets deeper ....

GoldenEye 007 XBLA (2007) - Longplay
    January 30, 2021

GoldenEye 007 XBLA (2007) - Longplay - YouTube

11. Albuquerque

Veteran

Yessir! When they announced compatibility with TTW, I was in! :) I haven't actually made it outside of the FO3 gameworld just yet, so it will be a while before I get there.

12. tuna

Veteran

I played Command and Conquered Remastered. The intro is funny as hell, but the game is a bit buggy....

13. Davros

Legend

What concerns me is the mod seems to require that you own New Vegas and all the dlc's which I dont

14. Albuquerque

Veteran

Ah, yeah I had the GOTY (or whatever) versions of both FO3 and FONV, which IIRC the Tale of Two Wastelands also requires.

15. Shortbread

Shortbread Island Hopper
    Legend Veteran

In-between CP2077 and replaying Control.

I really want to play Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, but for some odd reason whenever I launch the game it crashes back to the desktop during the mandatory server check update (?) validation screen. I've tried everything from reinstalling it to making sure that every facet of my system is updated. I haven't had a PC game never work or crash in decades. Luckily it was a free digital download with the purchase of my graphics card... but still... :frown:

16. Unknown Soldier

Veteran

CSGO and Dota as per usual then God of War on the PS5. Still need to play the new Spider-man too.

Work keeping me busy and relax time for me atm is completing Broken Fang on CSGO(Wednesday and Thursday) with spurts of DOTA 2 in between till late at night and watching old movies I enjoyed on the weekend sprinkled with series I like that I am watching e.g. American Gods/WandaVision/Snowpiercer etc. Haven't been gaming much on the PS5 but the new 1.35 patch will change that this weekend me thinks.

#4896 Unknown Soldier, Feb 4, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    Shortbread likes this.
  17. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Dangerously Mirthful
    Legend

Appliance installation, a RT/SVR experience! Spent a few days getting the dishwasher organized, had to get an NPC to put a new dedicated 20amp outlet in for the sauna I put together in my wife's bedroom, and I got a new microwave in a box in my kitchen and new oven in my garage I gotta get in and the old one out!

I can't believe the realism, just staggering! The game was expensive as hell though!

Shortbread and Unknown Soldier like this.
  18. Unknown Soldier

Veteran

You got a sauna in the Bedroom? Must be a big bedroom! Doesn't it get humid?

digitalwanderer likes this.
  19. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Dangerously Mirthful
    Legend

Dry infrared sauna, so no. Bedroom is pretty big with a nice bathroom suite off of it. It's my wife's bedroom, she doesn't like sleeping with the dogs. Picts in the thread about it since I never used a sauna before, I like it though 'specially after being outside in the cold weather. :)

Unknown Soldier and Shortbread like this.
  20. Unknown Soldier

Veteran