What are you playing now?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by digitalwanderer, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Rodéric

Rodéric a.k.a. Ingenu
    Moderator Veteran

I restarted FEAR two weeks ago, ran 120Hz after patching DirectInput DLL, however it felt too greyish and empty compared to modern games. In the end couldn't get into it again.
    I loved it at release though, that was awesome, and the AI at the time was the best.

digitalwanderer and BRiT like this.
  2. homerdog

homerdog donator of the year
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Even now I have a hard time thinking of games with better AI than FEAR. So cool how the soldiers' voice lines in combat actually match what is happening.

tabs and pharma like this.
  3. green.pixel

Veteran

2005 was a great year for singleplay FPSes. FEAR, SWAT 4, Republic Commando. Oh and that ambitious but janky Boiling Point Road to Hell, which was Stalker before Stalker.

milk likes this.
  4. TheAlSpark

TheAlSpark Moderator
    Moderator Legend

After 30 hours of The House in Fata Morgana, I am ready for something simple. :|

One Finger Death Punch 2 :mrgreen:

5. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum

Been playing a lot of Forza Horizons. I was going to take a look at Dead Rising 4 then I noticed it was 70Gb... really? Why would DR4 be 70Gb? Let me guess, 20Gb of audio for all languages supported and another 20Gb of FMV cut scenes?

6. TheAlSpark

TheAlSpark Moderator
    Moderator Legend

Yeah, FMV most likely.

Also UE4 poop.

7. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

Rise of the Tomb Raider, and a bit of Halo Wars 1. State of Decay2 -UE4- runs my machine hot like no other so it is taking dust. Tyranny, I almost completed it.

8. eloyc

Veteran Regular

I'm quitting Morrowing. This time, for good. I'm fed up of stupid secondary quests and bugged quests which the game doesn't recognize you've completed. Yeah, the game is prettier than the previous games and the setting is charming and whatever, but I had a better time with the first one, honestly.

I hope that Oblivion is better, though.

9. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

Morrowing or Morrowind?

Playing Diablo 3 (PC) and Rise of the Tomb Raider (Gamepass PC)

eloyc likes this.
  10. eloyc

Veteran Regular

OMG, the first time I misspell it! :runaway:

You see?! This game stressed me out. :mrgreen:

Cyan likes this.
  11. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

it is a hardcore RPG, a very demanding game. I played the GOTY edition on the original Xbox and also have the PC version but it never got me hooked like Oblivion and Skyrim did, maybe just too much for me. I liked the first minutes though, how carefully you could select your personality traits. Fun stuff.

12. Silent_Buddha

Legend

Taking a little break from Fire Emblem: Three Houses to play Age of Empires Definitive Edition (<3Gamepass PC). Not something I'd buy right now, but since it's included with the service I wanted to try it for nostalgia's sake.

Man the gameplay is still REALLY good and holds up well (unlike Warcraft 1). I love the little bit of historical information that you get with each campaign mission.

The updated game is generally well done (graphics are excellent, for example), but there are some bits that need polishing or are downright bad.

Scrollable windows can't be scrolled using the mouse wheel, for example. How did that make it through testing? A little annoying, needs polishing.

Something downright bad, however, is that if you lose connection to the multiplayer servers, for whatever reasons, you can't access multiplayer lobbies and it pops up a message letting you know. Makes sense right?

Well, what if you happen to be in a single player game? Well, it pops up the message and brings you to the main menu...ending your single player game in the process. Who the heck thought that was a good idea? ARGH!!!!!!!

Anyway, things like that aside. It's still an excellent game and it's still really enjoyable.

Regards,
    SB

milk likes this.
  13. Davros

Legend

Just finished the Fear series
    Call of Duty : World at War + World War 2
    Near the end of Ghost Recon Future Solder
    And No Mans Sky since it's just had a big update

14. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

Destiny 2 since it's free and have cross save.

Turns out my PS4 PRO looks smoother than Radeon 580. Buuuut on PC it's 60 fps kyamyakyakya

15. DSoup

DSoup meh

Microtown (Windows, macOS, SteamOS) which has just launched in Steam Early Access at an appealingly low price - £5.79 in the UK.

If you liked the early Settlers games then you should definitely take a look. :yes: It doesn't look like the Settlers, but it sure as hell feels like the Settlers.

Silent_Buddha likes this.
  16. Shortbread

Shortbread Island Hopper
    Veteran

Control. On the last chapter of the main story. And by Monday, Gears 5.

DSoup and digitalwanderer like this.
  17. tuna

Veteran

Still playing Destiny 2.....

18. manux

Veteran Regular

Started playing baldur's gate 2 enhanced edition. I didn't pc game when baldur's gate2 originally game out so I'm probably in for a nice ride. Game mechanics feel clunky by modern stay standards but I do like my dungeons&dragons so it should still be fun.

#4678 manux, Sep 7, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  19. Rootax

Veteran Newcomer

I tried divinity original sin 2, about 15 hours in, it was on promo on GoG... I like it while hating it at the same time, so I stopped.. I loved the dificulty, all the "lore", the combats, etc... But the quests, omg, it's so bad for most of them. I like not having a "pointer" on the map for quests, so you have to really read the quest and talk to people, but for most of them even doing that are not giving you enough informations where to go. So, you're wandering a lot, and with some luck you make some progress in a quest. But sometimes it leads you to do something in a "wrong" order, and you're kind of screwed for other quests.
    Or sometimes you break some scripts all together and the events developements make no sense.

Lightman likes this.
  20. manux

Veteran Regular

Beginning including first island is worst part of divinity 2. Especially difficulty in beginning is just ... crazy. It get's a lot better. I liked the last chapter best. There is maps on google that detail recommended level per area. That can be giant timesaver and avoid frustration.