What are you playing now?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by digitalwanderer, Apr 30, 2007.

1. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Dangerously Mirthful
    Legend

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines with the latest official unofficial patch, and it's f-ing glorious as ever! :D

2. homerdog

homerdog donator of the year
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

I'm still playing Overwatch, micspamming backstreet boys and nsync. People either absolutely love it or instamute me.

Kyyla and AlBran like this.
  3. nutball

Veteran Subscriber

I did look at all of these.

The Warthog is good, but from what I've read is not in the same league as VKB or Virgil. The throttle is semi-interesting (looks like arse) but I've picked up a second-hand T16k throttle and modded it (re-greased with Nyogel 767a, and added a 3D-printed detent).

Saitek don't have a great rep for quality control and longevity, and isn't much of an improvement over what I have right now (also, the aesthetics are somewhat challenging IMO).

CH are good (I’ve owned a few over the years) but are dated now and lack twist.

As for rudder pedals ... not my cup of tea I'm afraid.

#4603 nutball, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  4. Davros

Legend

The vkb is plastic isnt it ?

5. nutball

Veteran Subscriber

There's plastic and there's plastic.

6. Davros

Legend

7. green.pixel

Veteran

Silent_Buddha, nutball and Lightman like this.
  8. AlBran

AlBran Ferro-Fibrous
    Moderator Legend

Lemme guess:

As long as you love me
    I want it that way
    I need you tonight
    Larger than Life
    The One
    Quit playing games with my heart

Tearing up my heart

homerdog likes this.
  9. nutball

Veteran Subscriber

Virpil were also on my list, and came a close second. Their space-sim oriented grip (Constellation Delta) just wasn't quite as appealing as the Kosmosima. Apparently the Delta will be joined by a more up-range grip in the future, whatever that means. But both companies, VKB and Virpil, seem to bring out products at their own speed. For now the VKB is good for me. I might replace my throttle with a left-handed Kosmosima at some point, for now I've spent enough money on joysticks!

10. homerdog

homerdog donator of the year
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Ooh As Long as You love Me gotta get that one. The rest I obviously have.

pharma and AlBran like this.
  11. Davros

Legend

The throttle on the x-56 from logitech looks pretty awesome

12. Silent_Buddha

Legend

Risk of Rain 2. This is Early Access done well. The game from my experience so far has been refreshingly bug free.

I was skeptical whether they would be able to successfully transition the IP from a 2D side scroller rogue lite to a fully 3D action rogue lite, but for the most part it's extremely well done.

Game is relatively light on content at the moment (6 of 10 characters implemented, lots of items still not implemented, new features to be added in the future, probably more levels as well) but still provides about 20 or so hours of play if you try to unlock everything currently available. More if you just like killing stuff and seeing what kind of builds the RNG gods bestow upon you.

Regards,
    SB

13. digitalwanderer

Legend

A couple of days worth of GTA V better than it's ever ran and I just got Watch Dogs 2 installed with Prey lined up right behind it.

What else have i missed in the last few years? Mafia 3? Just Cause 3? Just Cause 4? How many Far Crys are there now? How many Bioshocks?!?

Shortbread and Lightman like this.
  14. AlBran

AlBran Ferro-Fibrous
    Moderator Legend

Figured I'd pick up Borderlands 2/Pre-Sequel (whatever's left in the Handsome Collection since I already own the first game) since that's on sale... guess they put out an official HD texture pack :?:

Also picked up Ion Maiden... seemed like right up my alley, and don't mind supporting the ol' team (3D Realms) for $20CAD.

#4614 AlBran, Apr 9, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  15. AlBran

AlBran Ferro-Fibrous
    Moderator Legend

Picked up Pillars of Eternity... finished Borderlands 1, but I think I’ll alternate with other backlogged games.

Also just started House in Fata Morgana, but it seems like something to play/read while doing some weight lifting or something.

Silent_Buddha and iroboto like this.
  16. Silent_Buddha

Legend

Just recently had a bit more free time and dumped the vast majority of it on Risk of Rain 2. This game can be so incredibly satisfying when you get an incredibly powerful mix of looted items and there are just chain reactions of enemies instantly dying and exploding all around you.

Also, they sold over 1 million copies in their first month. They definitely deserve it.

Regards,
    SB

17. manux

Veteran Regular

Has anyone played pathfinder kingmaker? I hear it's great but also super frustrating&difficult. It's super hard core single player isometric d&d game. Apparently whatever you do in the game is very influential to what happens in the world. You can play good/evil/between. Basically you have your typical quests and you also have to manage your kingdom while questing.

Super interested on pathfinder kingmaker but I don't unfortunately have enough time to start new games at the moment. Need to finish some other ones I'm playing first. Still haven't finished divinity original sin2 and I have also druidstone in my queue. Once those are finished maybe it's time for pathfinder kingmaker. Druidstone feels fresh but I only played the tutorial so far so I reserve final judgment for later date. I like how you can switch between characters on your turn to make combat more interesting.

https://druidstone-game.com/

#4617 manux, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 17, 2019
    Cyan likes this.
  18. MfA

MfA
    Legend

Playing Kingmaker now. The kingdom management is far too punishing, early game balance is all kinds of broken and it has all the time wasters of western rpgs with lots of loading screens to annoy you. Quite entertaining, but god it wastes a lot of your time ...

My advice :
    -Get the DLC and play Varnhold's Lot first, but just use fully custom companions in Varnhold's Lot, the ready made companions have no special dialogue or quests.
    -Just play on normal difficulty at least till level 12+ unless you like the challenge of cheesing the game.
    -Play a character with decent number of skill points, most skill checks can be done by team members but persuasion and perception quite often check just the PC (occasionally knowledge checks too).
    -Get kingdom resolution mod and turn on the option to resolve all projects which the PC has to help with in a single day.
    -Get bag of tricks mod and double encumbrance limits.
    -Get Eldritch Arcana mod cause it's good.
    -Consider Respecialization mod if you know the pathfinder rules and some of the companion builds annoy you (I respecced Harrim only, with 25 point buy to have some more Charisma for selective channelling and crusader archetype for some more combat feats so he could tank a bit).
    -Don't rush Troll Trouble, save the final quest until kindom problem events start coming up faster than you can solve them.
    -Make sure you always have 100 BP reserve, preferably 200.

PS. high DC skill checks in storybook events can grant ridiculous amounts of XP.

#4618 MfA, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
    Kyyla and manux like this.
  19. digitalwanderer

Legend

I'm playing Rage 2 at pretty insanely high settings and it's running fantastic! :D

The game itself is pretty suck though, no immersion factor for me. You can "talk" to a lot of people in town and get missions, but "talk" consists of activating the talk option and then watching a cut-scene dialogue play out between you and whoever, which isn't really "interaction" imho, just exposition. :/

Still, the sheer joy of being able to knock a triple-A title on release is amazing and I love it! Been too damned long.

Lightman likes this.
  20. Davros

Legend

The minimum spec for Rage 2 is a gfx card with 3gb vram :(

digitalwanderer likes this.