What are you playing now?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by digitalwanderer, Apr 30, 2007.

1. tangey

Veteran

kingdom come
    It has really grabbed me and has been a total time vortex, in a "do I really need to eat" kinda way.

2. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Dangerously Mirthful
    Legend

I'm not playing anything, and I don't plan to for a while. I can't do retro and PC gaming has moved beyond my rig and meager means for a while, rather than torture myself I've decided to stop for a while.

PC gaming has once again become very much non-cheap, I feel like I'm back in the old Apple II/TRS-80 days of prices now and I just won't settle for a VIC-20 again!

That and the industry just seems to have taken a turn for the nasty/dirty/business/suits side lately that I don't like and irks me. Why deal with the aggravation right now?

"Sometimes the only way to win is not to play"

RenegadeRocks likes this.
  3. Rodéric

Rodéric a.k.a. Ingenu
    Moderator Veteran

I'm having fun with coop Orcs Must Die Unchained :)

Computers are expensive again because of RAM and GPU, that's annoying indeed, but thanks to console I don't really have to upgrade my antique i7 860 + 8Gio RAM & SSD, with RadeOn 5850 ^^
    Waiting for prices to drop, might reconsider and buy cheaper parts once Monster Hunter World becomes available ^^

digitalwanderer likes this.
  4. homerdog

homerdog donator of the year
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Why is RAM so expensive?

5. digitalwanderer

Legend

The gods hate me. When I was getting ready to upgrade a few years ago I had some decent 2400 Patriot 2x8GB sticks for $99, same pair today is well over $180. :(

6. DSoup

DSoup meh

Far Cry 5 for about four days and close to finishing the story campaign if I can try to keep on mission and not be distracted by that thing over there. Maybe I'll quickly check it out, it's not far out of my way.

Silent_Buddha likes this.
  7. Lightman

Veteran Subscriber

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - I'm 20h in and I like it a lot. I like the story so far, and gameplay mechanics just work as expected. AI not too bright, but good enough to fool around with :)
    Graphics are really well done, I like what I see! I'm playing with DX12 enabled, ultra settings and MSAA x2 + Temporal AA @2560x1440. My Vega 56 is sweating a lot, delivering 36-60FPS (vSync), but thanks to FreeSync I have really fluid experience almost all the time!

Verdict: I like it a lot :D

After playing Deus Ex the last couple of days, I can't wait what Cyberpunk 2077 will bring to the table!

Shortbread, digitalwanderer and eloyc like this.
  8. Billy Idol

Legend Veteran

Still rocking Monster Hunter World. One of the best games ever imo. Tomorrow, the new rocket boosted Greatsword releases apparently...and yes, I am a Greatsword main now :)

Fck it...wanted to play Nino Kuni 2, but only laying MHW. The only game that gets me out of MHW addiction is of course King Kratos. Needless to say that I preorder a physical and a digital copy of GOW.

#4468 Billy Idol, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    Lightman likes this.
  9. RancidLunchmeat

Veteran

Hmm.. I bought it last weekend (it was $11) for the XB1 and couldn't get past the tutorial level. I loved the previous Deus Ex games because of the ability to mod your character into your tactical preferences but in MD you just already start pre-boosted. I assume at some point Denton (or whomever) you're playing dies/gets mods removed and you start over?

How long does that take? Beginning the game with all those aug's is really a turn off.

10. Lightman

Veteran Subscriber

Just after prologue ;) Prague is very nice!
    Oh, and there are some nice new abilities you can enable too :D

11. Silent_Buddha

Legend

Just finished Ni No Kuni 2. It's nowhere near as good as the first game. A lot of differences between the games as well. But I feel the storytelling in the first game was superior.

Now, I'm eagerly awaiting Battletech. I finally relented and watched a stream of it with some minor spoilers (Streamer was embargo'd to not go past the 3rd or 4th mission). And only reason I did that was because it was one of my favorite streamers who also had been avoiding watching or reading anything related to the game despite kickstarting it at a high enough level to get a Battletech Jacket. I envy him the jacket. :p

It looks really good, but I wish it had the ability to fire weapons anywhere along your path of movement. In the miniatures system, that was key to keeping lighter scout mechs alive and viable as you could use your superior movement to move behind a large slow mech, fire at their rear and then continue moving to a safer location. In this you at least get the evasion bonus from moving longer distances, but it's harder to park your mech in an advantageous defensive location while still going for the rear armor of a mech.

Regards,
    SB

12. Rootax

Veteran Newcomer

I tried Fortnite. I must be too old for this sh*t. The structures things killed me, killed the fun for me, How many keys I've to map this days. I just want to shoot people in a fun way, more is not always better for me. But, truth to be told, the last fps I loved, really loved, in multiplayer was the mod Desert Combat for the first Battlefield, so... The last solo was latest doom. Keep it simple ffs...

Maybe it's because I'm not a huge game addict this days, and I don't want to invest a lot of time in a non-story oriented game like I was years ago ? Maybe.

13. DSoup

DSoup meh

State of Decay YOSE in preparation for State of Decay 2, which I'm super excited for. I was LTTP for SoD and while its super rough around the edges, it's a great zombie survival game where I actively like the lack of structured missions and story.

Silent_Buddha likes this.
  14. TheAlSpark

TheAlSpark Moderator
    Moderator Legend

Picked up Shadow Warrior 2 over the weekend. It's ok. Humour can be crude, but I like cheesey & cringey every now and then. Side missions are rather tedious & repetitive after a while. I get the feeling they tried to make it like Borderlands in some ways with the loot drop & weapon upgrades. I like the chainsaw more than Doom - not instant kill, more satisfying usage (slicing things apart), no ammo (auto replenish).

Getting back into Arkham Knight.I really dislike the bat tank racing Riddler stuff.

Also partway through another run of Life is Strange. I had recently just completed Before the Storm the other week.

Lots of Forza Horizon 3. Still have to get around to the Hot Wheels.

Need to install Battletech when I get home.

15. Silent_Buddha

Legend

Battletech installed and ready to go

I'm now set to lose multiple months of my life. RIP Life, it was good to know you. Bye-bye Sun, wind and rain, I'll miss you.

Regards,
    SB

DSoup and digitalwanderer like this.
  16. digitalwanderer

Legend

I am playing Tribes Revengeance.

EDITED BITS: Edited for brevity and to better fit the confines of this particular thread.

#4476 digitalwanderer, Apr 25, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    AzBat likes this.
  17. Davros

Legend

wrong thread

#4477 Davros, Apr 25, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  18. DSoup

DSoup meh

I'm playing thanks-Microsoft-for-the-Windows-10-update-I-didn't-want-that-broke-my-Xbox-One-controller-connection-(again)-and-disabled-all-my-privacy-settings-becuase-fuck-users-you-want-to-be-Google-so-badly.

:evil:

Lightman likes this.
  19. Lightman

Veteran Subscriber

What a coincidence, I've been playing same game, just different map this week! My game was tasking me with restoring local network connections between nodes and reinstalling printer drives which update decided to change to Class Drivers for given brand. So much fun thanks to MS!

DSoup likes this.
  20. Mize

Mize 3dfx Fan
    Moderator Legend Veteran

Finally installed and played through the story of Shadow of Mordor. Despite the repetitive nature of much of the campaign as well as the absurdly easy bosses and it having almost zero legitimate tie-in to Tolkien's books, I found it quite fun.

I started playing one of the additional mini campaigns (Bright Lord) but couldn't handle anymore of the repetitive elements.

Interested in Shadow War but some reviews are quite negative.

DSoup and Lightman like this.