What are you playing now?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by digitalwanderer, Apr 30, 2007.

1. IbaneZ

Regular

Mostly CoD4 MP. Pew-pew!! And some Crysis. I love that map with the tanks, very nicely done. I can't believe how well it runs, but I guess it's because there are no trees in that big field. :)

2. Vegeta

Newcomer

Rome: Total War.
    Empire Earth II.
    Trying to get back into Rise of Nations :p

3. woundingchaney

Regular

Not much on the horizon as far as pc titles that I am interested in. Basically sticking to consoles for the time being. Still playing Stalker and Crysis from time to time.

4. Cartoon Corpse

Veteran

still playing mafia (but haven't gamed much this week really)...harder missions (for me) than GTA. had to beat up some guys, took me several tries. now i have to kill some hotel guy, and i keep getting whacked myself. times like these i wish for cheats. don't seem to have them in this game. some NICE scenery. love the ambience...fall foliage...storefronts. needs more destructable surroundings though.

5. Davros

Legend

i have one cartoony
    dont know how to use the spolier tag so if ya want it pm me

6. Mobius1aic

Mobius1aic Quo vadis?
    Veteran

Been tooling around with Far Cry Instincts Predator's map making feature. Lots of fun, simple to use, and unlike PC user made maps, these maps are easy for outside users, all they have to do is look for a game, join it, and the map is very quickly loaded. Sometimes I wish PC games contained such easy intuitive systems in conjunction with full mod programs. Sure full on modding is great, but sometimes we just want a new map to play on that is easy to get going.

7. Galduta

Veteran

edit

#407 Galduta, Mar 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2008
  8. AlBran

AlBran Ferro-Fibrous
    Moderator Legend

Chill folks. Games are games are games! :)

However, I would suggest to any who are seeking advice on console-exclusive games to make a post in the console forums just because of the target audience.

btw, I've moved the particular post to the Console Games forum already.

9. Davros

Legend

just bought
    ut 3
    serious sam 2 seems to be more of the same although thats no bad thing
    cold fear (cos it was cheap) a resident evil type game and it sucks /bring me the head of the guy who designed the camera

10. KimB

Legend

Just finished Planescape: Torment again. Playing a bit of NWN, and I think I'm going to start a new game of Baldur's Gate (the original, then play through the sequel). Yes, I'm on a bit of a classic D&D gaming fix :)

11. Galduta

Veteran

Is a game of 2002 year . The cars are totally destructables ;) . The damage and the physic is better than in some "next gen" racing games

12. Squilliam

Squilliam Beyond3d isn't defined yet
    Veteran

U just got Penumbra 1/2 on a whim. Are they any good??!?!?!? They still have a couple of days to go to get here.

13. KimB

Legend

A little browsing online shows the first one's usually reviewed at 7-8, which usually means it's playable, but nothing special. So, I suspect if you enjoy that sort of game, you'll enjoy it. But if it's not your cup of tea, you'll think both games are crap.

14. swaaye

swaaye Entirely Suboptimal
    Legend

Crusader: No Regret. :) (why can't modern games have such rockin' soundtracks?!)

15. Squilliam

Squilliam Beyond3d isn't defined yet
    Veteran

Thanks. Well I do like survival type games... hehe

16. SugarCoat

Veteran

Got Call of Juarez cheap, played it yesterday, initial impressions are really quite excellent. The environments are well done especially for a two year old game, and the gun play is full of bullet time goodness. Story isnt half bad either and they keep it fresh by swapping between the two characters so you have that revolving point of view to keep you interested. In my opinion worth a purchase by any FPS gurus, especially if you see it sitting in a bargain bin. Bit of a refresher as well from the war torn battlefields of the future.

17. MulciberXP

Regular

#417 MulciberXP, Mar 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
  18. anaqer

Veteran

I just finished playing Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine, currently fooling around in VtM:Bloodlines (and helping out my little sister w/ it when she gets stuck somewhere :lol:) and playing some DOS games on a P1MMX (Lost Vikings, Blood... hell, even Alley Cat! still works!)

19. swaaye

swaaye Entirely Suboptimal
    Legend

I want to come to these retro LAN parties! :cool:

No kidding, huh? The modders have turned it into something worth playing!

20. Cartoon Corpse

Veteran

lol. i purchased WOW (the battlechest original/plus expansion) and a 60 day play card. temporary insanity.

anyway i was looking for something new, and well, might as well check out the hype. can't be all bad. gonna try to solo it as far as i can.

trouble is im at 5% on the 692M patch (only one?) and it's forecasting 4 hours. broadband cable sucks sometimes when you have to share...typical of sundays. shoulda done this yesterday. took me 5 minutes or so to get to this forum!