What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished Fallout 4 and the DLC, but I still explore the game. I started GTAV too thx to the steam promo last week end. I took Shadow Warrior too, no started it yet.

In a near futur, I'm waiting :
Homefront: The Revolution, the 2nd Witcher 3 DLC, and Deus Ex Manking Divided. It's a good gaming year !

A bit of a climb to get these going on Windows 7 64 bit (new rig), but...

Recently re installed James Bond Nightfire.

Also playing (LONG time still same game) Two Worlds, Boiling Point, Max Payne 1&2, Original Farcry, Gothic 2 (& 3). Soldier of Fortune, Morrowind, GTA Vice City, Fable Lost Chapters.

Also (newer) Skyrim (2 years now...26%), Fallout New Vegas (have to start over (disk failure), Wolfenstein (also need to start over)., GTA 5 (last one for me?...nowhere near are lovable as Vice City IMO)

Hope to get Sniper Elite (older game) going soonish.

I've been playing Factorio for the last couple of days and missing quite a lot of sleep to it. I encourage everyone to try the demo and see if it grabs them. The trailers and gameplay videos do not do it justice.

If sim city and stardew valley had a child it might look something like this.

That was on a queue in steam I did yesterday and I've added it to my wish list. Want to check it out.

Banished. 8 hours straight. I don't know how it happened. 30 in game years and everybody is going to starve. Meh

8-Bit Armies.

This. Is. Amazing.

If you liked Westwood's original style of RTS in the original C&C series (both vanilla and Red Alert) than you'll likely love this as much as I do. It's basically C&C (before Westwood got bought out by EA) in all but name and without the hokey storyline and live action cutscenes. Not surprising since the developers are mostly ex-Westwood guys.

There's unfortunately only 1 faction, but there appears to be a lot of missions. I've only had time to do up to mission 6 or 7. There's also co-op missions that I haven't even had a chance to touch but am seriously looking forward to them.

Regards,
SB

The Division, great gfx, gameplay too mediocre, dropped after around 10 hours.
Child of light, combat reminescent of Grandia 2 (one my favorite Console JRPG), but gameplay mediocre, great gfx though.
Valiant Heart, not that interesting, missed some appeal.

Currently restarting Dark Souls Prepare to die edition on PC with DSFix to get 60Hz rendering.

(I have a number of games on my Steam wishlist, but they aren't that appealing, might be I need coop to keep playing (like the past few years...))

Found this post from sept 2015
Been playing a hell of a lot of games but only for a few minutes each
because I had to wipe my c: drive and re install windows I am now in the process of going through the games installed on other drivers re creating the shortcuts in the
start menu and making sure they work.
I am currently up to Games 7 (H:) and the Letter T
Next game to test is The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Right now I'm on Games 8 J: and the letter I
the next game to test is
Injustice - Gods Among Us. Ultimate Edition
Sorry but I cant help replaying a lot of them

Stellaris, which is such a good space 4X game that it tore me away from Uncharted 4 halfway through. :yes:

Somehow I sunk 12 hours into this in a single play through yesterday. I didn't notice I'd missed lunch and didn't noticed I skipped dinner until I realised it was dark outside. Oh boy.. Also the Parkitect early access is awesome - it's the spiritual successor to Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 and 2 and it clearly 'heavily inspired' by the original 2D isometric games.

Tree of Savior. Korean MMO-ish grindfest that plays sort of like a less smoothly controlled Diablo (in other words controls are a bit janky compared to Diablo). It's F2P and the F2P model seems fair so far. Paying money does give some benefits, but nothing that I'm wishing I had as a free player so far other than the account wide shared bank space. But that's understandable as they need something to get people to pay money to support the game. And it isn't something that takes away from the game experience, IMO.

Anyway, it's managed to take away what little time I've had for DS3.

Oh and Neon Chrome. If Syndicate had a baby with a twin stick shooter and a mad scientist altered that baby's genes to carry some rogue-like elements, this would be the game. Addicting in short stints. It's the other thing I spend some of my currently valuable and limited free time on.

Regards,
SB

DOOM and started Witcher 3 as well finally. Might move to playing it on the couch via Streaming instead of the PC, gorgeous game and is better with controller.

Total War : Warhammer, Overwatch, Doom SP

... and I never stopped playing Rocket League since it released. It still gets the majority of my play time. :p

Such a wealth of high quality fun out just now.

In TW:W I'm playing as the Vampire Counts after a brief fail with the Dwarves. I'm around 100 turns in and the Chaos Hordes are starting to fuck up my shit. The races around me are madly scrabbling for peace as they prepare themselves for the onslaught. This game gives me serious 'just one more turn' problems. It's the first Total War I've thoroughly enjoyed.

Overwatch has just been magnificent so far. Playing with someone on voice who is willing to pick synergistic heroes with you makes it wonderful. My best play so far was getting pulled into a pit of death and skating my way out of it up the walls. After playing against and with a good 'Mei' player, I learned a thing or two about how she's played and she's become one of my favourites alongside Tracer and Lucio.

Doom is something I'm not always in the mood for, but when I am it is perfect. I'm almost enjoying it as much as I enjoyed the original Painkiller. Needs a stake gun and more ragdolls though.

Rocket League is a game that everyone should try, even if you don't think you'll like it. Just be sure to play with people at your skill level rather than solely playing with friends who are already much better than when they started. Many have been very pleasantly surprised. Currently I'm sitting at Superstar rank in 2v2 which is my preferred mode. Pretty proud of myself after being stuck a few ranks lower for a good while thinking I'd hit my skill ceiling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back