What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife is playing Stick of Truth at the moment. Crazy funny, like a big long South Park episode and very well written. Though that's to be expected I guess! Not something she can play with the kids around though :p

Finished Stick of Truth yesterday. Thanks to the South Park duo for the originality of making me shrink down to gnome size and crawl through the intestines of a gay man to defuse a nuclear bomb. Even after 35+ years of electronic gaming, that was a first.

Got back into Thief. Best enjoyed if you don't even think about the Looking Glass games.

My wife is playing Stick of Truth at the moment.

I had completely overlooked that Stick of Truth was out on PC! I've been hoping for a PS4 conversion. Unfortunately it's £39.99 on Steam which is a bit steep for a PC game but I'm grabbing this the moment it hits a sale :yes:

Currently dipping back into Banished.

I had completely overlooked that Stick of Truth was out on PC! I've been hoping for a PS4 conversion. Unfortunately it's £39.99 on Steam which is a bit steep for a PC game but I'm grabbing this the moment it hits a sale :yes:

You missed the steam sale over the holidays? :(

You missed the steam sale over the holidays? :(
Oh no, I bought lots of in the sale - I just overlooked that Stick of Truth was even out on PC. I can see it's also on Amazon UK for £12 but disc and no doubt with hideous Ubisoft DRM. Meh. I'll wait for the next Steam sale, they are fairly frequent :)

Damn. Tempting.. but.. them I have to keep the disc. Hmmm. Decisions, decisions..

Lords of the Fallen for the last week, a gentler, kindler Dark Souls clone that has a really slick, clean UI that Bioware needs to learn how to imitate in the worst way. Of course the devs behind Lords need to borrow some of Bioware's writers. Anyways, it's a fun game, looks great, combat is punishing at first but I'm over the initial hump and starting to get really good gear that makes dealing iwth enemies a lot easier.

I've been playing FF13. Yes, it's linear, and I like it. That means I'm not distracted to explore the map, thus I can progress relatively fast. My only problem with it (and probably every game that has feature similar to this) is the equipment crafting/upgrade. It felt like too many options and I'm too afraid to make the wrong choices. Thus right now I'm at chapter 7 with all equipment on lvl 1. So far I can handle all the stuff they throw at me, but it is definitely getting more difficult than it should've been if I were to upgrade my equipment.
And like always, I choose the easy setting :)

Finished Theft, which wowed me with its graphics and now I started Assasins Creed 2 intermixed with Defense Grid 2! I was so used to graphics from Theft that AC2 initially looked to me very poorly, only after getting out of prologue and into open city I started to admire some of it's beauty. Still, it looks dated, but what to expect from title developed for old gen.

I've been playing FF13. Yes, it's linear, and I like it. That means I'm not distracted to explore the map, thus I can progress relatively fast. My only problem with it (and probably every game that has feature similar to this) is the equipment crafting/upgrade. It felt like too many options and I'm too afraid to make the wrong choices. Thus right now I'm at chapter 7 with all equipment on lvl 1. So far I can handle all the stuff they throw at me, but it is definitely getting more difficult than it should've been if I were to upgrade my equipment.
And like always, I choose the easy setting :)

Well, for be honest i have nearly finish the game with weapons that i have find at the start.. so much upgraded that everything i was find was really low ( ofc you need then to upgrade them and they will go higher but i was finally wait that it make a real difference.).

Well, for be honest i have nearly finish the game with weapons that i have find at the start.. so much upgraded that everything i was find was really low ( ofc you need then to upgrade them and they will go higher but i was finally wait that it make a real difference.).

Translation:
Well, to be honest i have nearly finished the game with weapons that i found at the start.. upgraded so much that everything i found was really low ( ofc you need to upgrade them and they will go higher but i was finally wawawawawaw?).

I can normally understand you just fine but the last part does not compute (but hey you know English better than I know any other language :smile:)

So basically he said that he didn't upgrade until he was nearly finish the game and saw a large difference... correct?
Maybe I should look into FF13 equipment walk through.

Btw, when playing multiple games at the same time I sometimes forgot the control or move sets that in the previous game that I've played. For example, in DmC there is a large gap that I need to get over to the other side. I tried many ways... Many many ways, and always failed, until I just randomly push the buttons and making Dante do an air dash... I've used the air dash before (since when you acquire the ability, they teach you how to use it), but I just forgot.

In Diablo 3, is there a way to farm for specific legendary gear? I really want the Zunimass set. But I only have the Mojo piece...any way to increase the chance for specific legendaries or is it pure random?

Well they've made it so you'll get more gear suited for your class now instead of loot being truly random. If you want Zuni set play as Witch Doctor. With my WD I've found so many Zuni sets it'd make your head spin. I still keep a couple full Zuni sets in my stash, but I've trashed probably a dozen or more of them (complete sets, not just pieces).

Damn. Tempting.. but.. them I have to keep the disc. Hmmm. Decisions, decisions..
No, if you buy South Park: Stick of Truth boxed on PC you'll get a Steam key - it's a Steamworks game. You could use the disc to reduce the amount of game you have to download, or you can chuck it in the bin. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back