What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still playing Starcraft 2. The sheer number and quality of some of the mods just keeps me coming back. All mods are free to play! SC2 is pretty much free to play now apart from ranked multiplayer and campaign, neither of which I've touched in ages.

There are parts of Starcraft 2 that cost money after initial purchase?

Just finished Thief, took about 13 hours. Reviews seemed harsh on the game but I enjoyed it. Decided to buy Assassins Creed Liberation today. I'm actually bored of this series, but at $5 and with a female lead I figure maybe that will give it a different flavor so I'm giving it a try.

Unless you bought the HD remake and they made drastic changes to that version, the female lead (with her ability of assuming 3 different characters) is pretty much the only upside of the game. I finished it for the Vita a month agoe, and the game feels terribly underexplored.

Unless you bought the HD remake and they made drastic changes to that version, the female lead (with her ability of assuming 3 different characters) is pretty much the only upside of the game. I finished it for the Vita a month agoe, and the game feels terribly underexplored.

I got the hd remake but yeah, so far it's still basically the same old Assassins Creed complete with boring "tail him" missions. The three persona's for the female lead though are a pretty cool idea. It is refreshing to play as a female lead with the different persona's but I don't think it'll be enough to get me to finish the game. It's a bit weird on performance as well, on my Nvidia 970 I had to set msaa to "normal" to get 60fps, anything higher and I would get stutters. I'll play it casually until I get bored, at $5 it's no big deal even if I only get 2 hours out of it.

I picked Deus Ex Human Revolution - Director's Cut on steam, it was on promo. But right now I'm big on Dragon Age Inquisition.

Star Wars: The Old Republic.
First MMO I like, despite some flaws, it is bioware after all, it doesn't look very pretty and performs poorly given that and there is horrendous server lag at times, but it's really fun. Finally bought a sub for it today so I don't have any lame restrictions and I gain experience faster. I have almost 6 *played* days and I'm level 45.5. I'm not sure what exactly about it doesn't bore me like Ever Quest 1/2 and WoW.

A mate gave my Alien: Isolation for xmas. Played for an hour last night streaming via Steam to my HTPC on the big new TV and my god what an experience! This game has truly set the bar for me for lightning and effects, I don't believe I've seen anything close to what this game produces, I was literally stunned at what I was seeing, though I'm sure some of that is the image the new Samsung I have puts out as well.

I've encountered an when going from a 21:9 screen to a 16:9 TV for inhome streaming though in that I can't use DSR easily. Since DSR works from the native resolution of the monitor, I don't get the ability to select a 16:9 DSR when on the TV. I'm going to try setting the monitor to 1080p first before loading the game via streaming and see if that gets around it since custom resolutions and DSR are mutually exclusive options.

I picked Deus Ex Human Revolution - Director's Cut on steam, it was on promo. But right now I'm big on Dragon Age Inquisition.

Well, i take my time with DAI:i too..

2r20hso.jpg

2pzzh52.jpg

sobgxc.jpg

2z7mwl1.jpg

Picked up Shadow of Mordor on PC. That game is fantastic so far. I really love the combat system ( I did love the arkham games though).

Runs really well on a 970.

I don't know how you guys manage to play DA:I without wanting to rage quit, I played about an hour of of it and that was tough, givin the way combat works now, just repeatedly clicking on a mob on screen and hitting whatever abilities your class has that aren't on cool down.

It's a bit more strategic when playing as a dual wielding rouge. Certain abilities will put you into stealth after using them, so you have to be careful not to drain all your stamina before using them or you'll be exposed. If you manage skills and stamina right you can rack up a string of kills with the enemy not really knowing what hit them. If you simply spam whatever is available you'll constantly die.

Also managing focus on higher difficulties is key.Your party mebers can even use focus abilities automatically if you set them to. And be sure to set your party members' tactics correctly so they use their good abilities more often. For example I need Dorian to use Barrier as often as possible, so I set that to preferred and made sure his mana reserve is set high enough so he can use it immediately once it cools down. He's usually pretty good about selecting where to use it, but in hard battles I manually control him to make sure my heavy hitters constantly have a barrier.

Iron Bull does more damage as he takes damage with the right skills, which makes for an interesting little side game. I try to keep him at around 2/3 health, and set his healing potion threshold to 10% so he only uses potions if absolutely necessary.

Of course if you only play the game for an hour you'll never get into any of that stuff.

Last edited:
Well it didn't give me a good first impression, I much prefer the way combat works in previous bioware games, like NWN(and DA:O and DA2), KOTOR 1, seems much easier in those older games. It is pretty though, even on medium or whatever I had it on so I didn't have a slideshow on my 7850.

Picked up Shadow of Mordor on PC. That game is fantastic so far. I really love the combat system ( I did love the arkham games though).

Runs really well on a 970.

Just started playing it myself and agree with all of the above. Its a superb game so far, kind of a mix between Assassins Creed and a really good beat-em-up. It's not in the top tier of games graphics wise IMO (Ryse, Assassins Creed Unity, BF4 etc...) but it runs incredibly well. I'm maxxing it out on my 670 OC at 1080p with an average frame rate of around 50fps.

Well it didn't give me a good first impression, I much prefer the way combat works in previous bioware games, like NWN(and DA:O and DA2), KOTOR 1, seems much easier in those older games. It is pretty though, even on medium or whatever I had it on so I didn't have a slideshow on my 7850.
I enjoy the combat in all those games.

I will say that Inquisition has taken a step backwards in supporting mouse/kb. It seems the whole interface is built for a gamepad. The Tactical View is worthless - you can't even select the entire party! And unless you're in worthless tactical view you can't click to move... argh. Plus the inventory is just terrible, clearly built for console. But still I love the game.

There are parts of Starcraft 2 that cost money after initial purchase?

There starter version is free to play and that includes all mods and unranked multiplayer. Only if you want to play the campaign or the ranked ladder part of multiplayer do you require the full version.

I just finished Arkham Origins. For me, it was a lesser version of Arkham City. A few bugs here and there. Still a great game, but not as satisfying as the previous Arkham. Right now I'm starting to play DmC. Although I don't like the characters styling, I do like the game play.

Stick of Truth. Just hit the spot with the gnomes and parents in bed. I don't know what to say to that, other than the reluctant admission that I laughed my head off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back