What are you playing now?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by digitalwanderer, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Sinistar

Sinistar I LIVE
    Regular Subscriber

Dragon Age, just hit level 16, I think I am addicted to this game.

2. Davros

Legend

3. John Reynolds

John Reynolds Ecce homo
    Veteran

DA:I, hit 21, as addicted as Sinistar. But it's such a long game that I'm going to avoid replays until there's some new additional content. First toon has been a human male mage (spirit and rift mage), 2nd toon will probably be a female elf archer or a male qunari berserker.

4. Sinistar

Sinistar I LIVE
    Regular Subscriber

yeah, I think I should probably get some sleep before work tomorrow, so hard to stop playing.

5. lanek

Veteran

First char i have done was a warrior, but at contrario of you, i think i will replay it with mage then or archer with different races and change some choices ( templar or mages quest choice on the really start )

It was finally a pure hasard if i had start with warrior, i was try different face looking for my char and restart it, finally the good one was on a warrior.

6. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Really enjoying Wolfenstein: New Order. Also picked up DG2 which once again has become quite addictive and I like some of the new features.

7. homerdog

homerdog donator of the year

Inquisition is a blast from the past in so many great ways. This is the game I've been waiting for.

But why is it so janky? My PC is pretty fast but the game still stutters sometimes like I don't know what. This is at 1080p with a GTX970, i7-3770K, 16GB RAM, game installed on SSD.

8. Sinistar

Sinistar I LIVE
    Regular Subscriber

Runs smooth here, except for an occasional stutter during cut scenes, and that seems to have improved.

EDIT: maybe the improvement is because I turned off vsync.

9. Kyyla

Veteran

Mantle version was pretty smooth, an occasional stutter here and there which I attributed to the open world nature.

10. suryad

Veteran

So I finally got rid of my aging BFG 285 GTX in SLI. And got an EVGA 980 GTX Classified to replace them with. Night and day difference in performance noise and heat. I had a long catalog of games I had lined up to play. I finished Max Payne 3 and Tomb Raider. Excellent games both! Now I'm playing Crysis 2. All 3 games are running fully maxed out at 2560x1600. After Crysis 2 might play 3 or Deus Ex. Crysis I'm more curious about to see what the visuals are like and if my computer can handle it maxed out or not. Highly doubt it.

11. lanek

Veteran

Are you using win 7 or windows 8.1 ? I see many nvidia users who get better performance and got rid of stutters on win 8.1 compared to win7 ... ( its like night and day ). Also, you can try just set tesselation in high instead of ultra.

This said, this game is incredibly hard on the system: 9-10threads / 12 used at 50 to 90% on my 4930K . ( 2x7970@1100mhz + 16GB C9 2400mhz DDR3 + Samsung 840 512GB EVO win 7 )

Just after launch the game, DX11 ( I have halt tab so usage have a bit of a deep at this time )
    [​IMG]

12. Davros

Legend

Perhaps you should of kept a 285 for physx duties ?

13. suryad

Veteran

Interesting suggestion. I will give it a shot!

14. homerdog

homerdog donator of the year

Interesting, I'm still on Win7 and at this point I'm just gonna wait for Win10 before upgrading.

Settings Tessellation to High definitely helps, but the game still stutters even with Tessellation completely off. Ultra Tessellation makes the cutscenes totally unwatchable due to massive stutter, though it hardly affects gameplay stutter at all.

15. Lightman

Veteran Subscriber

I'm playing Thief and I'm enjoying it a lot! Graphics is very nice and atmospheric, game mechanics is not bad or though a bit repetitive and not too difficult. I'm on Chapter 6 and the story is getting better and better :)

But main draw for this game is it's graphics which in Mantle mode I can enjoy fully maxed in native res. of 2560x1440p with respectable FPS (40-60 and vSync ON)!

I also had a blast recently in Unmechanical. Great little indie title! Shame game can't go above 1920x1200 as it's graphics is very nice for a puzzle / physics game :)

16. suryad

Veteran

Crysis 2 decided to crap out on me a bit so I uninstalled it and switched to hitman absolution. Ran the benchmark everything maxed out and scored an average of 33 fps. Game looks great and runs like butter!

17. VFX_Veteran

Regular Newcomer

Ryse -- most beautiful game out on PC right now (IMO).
    AC:U -- 2nd most beautiful game out on PC.
    Lords of the Fallen -- very pretty and DS-like game. Loving the combat and love the ray-marched volume lighting.
    Thief -- this game has pretty good graphics too.. but the missions are pretty boring to me.
    Elite:Dangerous -- Oculus Rift mode of course. Game has no substance right now. I'm hoping the release has a much more diverse campaign

18. John Reynolds

John Reynolds Ecce homo
    Veteran

Lords of the Fallen, steam has it for $25 and couldn't resist. Can't beat the first boss since I apparently suck at these DS-style games, but it sure is pretty and has a nice UI.

19. John Reynolds

John Reynolds Ecce homo
    Veteran

Ryse went on sale, so I picked that up. Yes, beautiful game. I'm just starting the 3rd mission and it's a bit repetitive, but the story and mission variety should be enough for me to finish the game.

20. joker454

Veteran

Just finished Thief, took about 13 hours. Reviews seemed harsh on the game but I enjoyed it. Decided to buy Assassins Creed Liberation today. I'm actually bored of this series, but at $5 and with a female lead I figure maybe that will give it a different flavor so I'm giving it a try.