What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's fairly universal that it was one of the poorer GTA games, especially the quality of the port. I think V will be a great port given the time they're spending on it and is already proven to be far better than IV.

After the good experience I had with sleeping dogs I started playing GTA4 and honestly I don't know why GTA is so popular. It is not a very good game. The world is pretty much dead, there is nothing to do and you don't run into (side) missions. You have to use that stupid phone all the time and most of your time you spend driving from point A to B trying to avoid the retarded AI.

Oh and vsync locked at 56fps... WTF.

Yeah, GTA4 was pretty shite regardless of platform, that was the series low point for me. I'm quite hopeful for the PC port of GTA5 though.

I've been playing a lot of Endless Space recently, I'm far better now at building meaningful ship fleets. Before, I was too focused on using BIG ships with lots of varying firepower and a ton of armor + shielding. I've discovered that lots and lots of smaller "missile frigates" and "beam frigates" seems to work MUCH better. .

Am playing BL Pre-sqeuel. Is exactly like the old games. Which is good. I like it. Physics effects are cool, and this even with medium settings. AA is a bit hit an miss...sometimes a lot of shimmering going on, I wished they invested a bit and offered alternatives for PC.

I choose Nisha as a class. Seems the closest to a sniper class, and is quite interesting to play. I am only at level 8 or so and only got to the tier 2 of the middle tree. The middle tree seems to be really good, I am looking forward to unlock the mid tier skill!

Wilheilm is my favorite. I prefer Axton from BL2 with his sentries, but Wolf and Saint are really cool. I'm ~lvl 23 right now and finally got all 4 weapon slots. Having only 2 really sucks.

Finished Ryse, started Metro 2033 Redux, liked it, BUT. I started XCOM: Enemy Unknown, and I'm addict, so I don't play anything else right now :/

Endless Space looks pretty nifty. But I can't tell from the reviews... did the expansion (err, "paid patch") eventually get less buggy than the original? Which should I buy?

Steam has the Shadow Warrior remake on sale for $10 USD. I tried the demo, loved it, and bought the full game. When you start your game with the hero driving a sports car while singing a Dirk Diggler song with Godzilla poking his head up over the hills behind you, you had me at hello.

Good looking game though, and some of the level design really feels like something from the 90s. I'm not a fan of today's military-focused shooters, and this one is tickling my nostalgia bone.

I agree with Davros!
Just started playing it last week and noticed Godzilla in 2nd or 3rd episode too! I love the talks main character has with his friends and foes :)
One more thing, white bunnies!!!! It's soooo funny to kill them all ;)

I'm playing Ryse at the moment. Its a seriously good game, no idea what all the low ratings were about. Production values are through the roof and the graphics are out of this world - especially in the Scotland levels (where I am now) - they are way better than any other game I've played so far (although I haven't played Battlefield 4 and I do think Battlfield 3 is a fairly close competitor).

Really? I took it off my Steam wishlist last night based on all the negatives I've heard both online and from a co-worker who owns a Xbox One. I might have to re-add it and wait for a really cheap price during some holiday sale.

I guess it depends what kind of game you enjoy, yes its a repetitive hack and slash game on rails but getting the timings during fighting right is very satisfying (similar to a guitar hero type game in a way) and even if it wasn't fun to play, which imo it very much is, it would still be worth it for the production values and visuals alone. Never have I had such a sense of playing an interactive cgi movie before

I bought Divity 2 Developer's Cut and so far it's awesome. Why have I not heard of this game before?

With 2x NVIDIA DSR and forced 4xMSAA it looks brilliant as well. And runs fine at 1080p with my GTX670.

I bought Divity 2 Developer's Cut and so far it's awesome. Why have I not heard of this game before?

With 2x NVIDIA DSR and forced 4xMSAA it looks brilliant as well. And runs fine at 1080p with my GTX670.

That's also been on my Steam wishlist, heard it's quite a bit of fun though I probably shouldn't buy it since Diablo 3 fills that action-RPG niche for me.

Well it's not really anything like D3. I love D3 as well but this is way different. And it's cheap and often goes on sale for peanuts.

Ah, Ok, I thought it was another isometric loot game.

LOTRO had a new update last night, introduced the new Beorning class and a new starter area. So I patched the client up and will give it a try tonight after work. The new class costs 1k Turbine pts.

Steam has the new Wolfenstein game for 50% off ($30 USD), been on my wishlist for months so I grabbed it. That's two shooters now this week, and if I play both that'll double the # of shooters I've played in the last 6-7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back