What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ubi doesn't offer Anno 1701 or the even better sequel (prequel?) Anno 1404 for digital download anywhere that I can find. They do offer 2070 on Steam, which is a suckfest. It looks like somewhere between 1404 and 2070 Al Gore got hold of the source code (industry bad, flowers good...).

BTW Anno 1404 goes by "Dawn of Discovery" in the US. Just cause. You could always try before you buy, and order a boxed copy if you like it :). That's actually how I got into the series.

Thanks Davros. Never heard of either of those places as they don't seem to come up on a US-based google search.

Messing around I'm happy to say that 1701 plays nicely with 3600x1920 on surround. :)

Re: Anno 1701, another more recent title that's a bit similar is Banished. I bought it on a whim because it was developed by one person over three years and that just sorta made me click buy. Quite good so far as a city-builder, though I've only had time for the tutorial stuff.

I'll check it out. FWIW Anno 1404 with Venice expansion and the unofficial patch is just better in every way than 1701. I'm having a blast with it. My boxed copy still hasn't arrived :LOL:

Playing Skyrim now. Had it for a year on my Steam but only now got around to starting it up :)

Nice game and very large world! Must finish it before Witcher 3 arrives!

I've played a couple hours of Thief, think I will wait till the TrueAudio patch comes out before continuing.

Okay I've returned to X-Rebirth after a few months' worth of patches. So, so beautiful. I am constantly smacked in the face by the amazing visuals and art.

It is fun too, if you accept the limitations of the new universe. There are many improvements to be made, but as is you can have a great time with it. Just be sure you're packing some serious CPU strength... could seriously benefit from some Mantle or DX12 love.

Oh and all that talk of it being so much smaller than X3 is complete trash. This thing use HUGE!

That looks pretty cool, I'm thinking of getting it for me and the wife to play together. I take it there's no actual same screen multiplayer mode?
There's only SP, but you can play the main character and she can play the buddy (or vice versa), but you have to move the controller/kbm around each time it's the other's turn-.

I actually never touch my classic Xbox for quite so long. I mean, i've already played games like Doom resurrection of evil, Prince of Persia WW/2 Thrones, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory/Double Agent, Fable the Lost Chapter, but i played these games about 2 years ago. lol.. But everytime my friend drops by to my home, we always play PES all the time. The best soccer game ever. :D

The only footy games i have are fifa 07 + 14 quite fun with eyefinity
Fl59239.jpg

Finished a bunch of games in the past two months. Finally completed both Bioshock Infinite DLC's, and both were awesome although I'll admit I had to search the internet to get a more clear understanding of DLC #2's ending. Finished Call OF Juarez Gunslinger which was actually better than expected. Finished Devil May Cry which was great. Actually finished Lost Planet 3, kind of average but oddly the game kept me hooked until the end. Went back and finished Kingdom of Amalur which was fun overall. Also went back to Resident Evil 6 and this time set it to amateur mode, and finished one of the 3 campaigns, switching it to easy mode made the difference. It's not bad, I will finished the other two campaigns as well. Finished Contrast which was very cool, and finished Gunpoint which was really good. Now I'm playing Brothers again which at first I wasn't hugely impressed with but I take that all back, the game is awesome! I bought Remember Me and the new Batman when they were on sale for < $10, but will probably be a few months before I get around to them.

Oh yeah I forgot about Batman, started playing it about 4 months ago, then stopped for AC4 and forgot all about it, I'll need to go back and finish that once I'm done finishing Skyrim finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back