What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm playing AC4: Blag Flag. Awesome game with gorgeous, almost cell shaded like graphics. However it's absolutely begging for 3D support. Currently shadows are screwed up which makes it completely unplayable in 3D but just giving it a try shows the huge potential there.

XCom: Enemy Within. Grabbed the expansion during Steam's holiday sale and loving the changes it made to the core game. While the LoS crap is still present during combat, the new Meld options of genetically modifying soldiers and building MECs is huge fun. Still love the base UI too.

I'm playing it too. The game is so much better with all the changes, new missions and research options. It's a great addon, wish all the "DLCs" were like that.

Assassin's Creed Black flag is one of the best games I've ever played. Consider me addicted.

Finally getting around to Crysis 2...

Is there a fix for the AF*? :s Forcing it in CCC doesn't work, and I've tried a couple cvars to no avail. Can't stand the post-MSAA. Thank goodness it's easy to disable. I don't suppose there's a way to get AMD's morphological AA forced?

*Object = Extreme, can't afford the Ultra, so that should disable POM/Tess or...?

Finally getting around to Crysis 2...

Is there a fix for the AF*? :s Forcing it in CCC doesn't work, and I've tried a couple cvars to no avail. Can't stand the post-MSAA. Thank goodness it's easy to disable. I don't suppose there's a way to get AMD's morphological AA forced?

*Object = Extreme, can't afford the Ultra, so that should disable POM/Tess or...?

You could try an Injector (or RadeonPro) to force SMAA for FXAA.

Personally I disabled the built in post AA added FXAA and then used Downsampling (2880x1600 -> 1920x1080) to help reduce the shimmer and blur!

Yes it is a completely awesome game. Drop dead gorgeous too.

Hell yes it is. Runs well on my GTX670 though with everything max save for PhysX at normal and with 4XTXAA! I simply set the Adaptive Vsync in the NV Control Panel to "1/2 refresh" for a locked 30fps, but lately I've set it back to just "Adaptive" and I get around 40fps in busy areas. Oddly there isn't much tearing in this game even with vsync off.

I got the Kenway's Fleet app on my phone and now the addiction is spreading to my work life :D

You could try an Injector (or RadeonPro) to force SMAA for FXAA.

Personally I disabled the built in post AA added FXAA and then used Downsampling (2880x1600 -> 1920x1080) to help reduce the shimmer and blur!

mm... Will have to remember this for Crysis 3 (whenever it goes on sale). Thanks!

Finished C2 over the weekend. Still don't care for the alien sections, but oh well. Less annoying than in C1 I suppose. Much prefer the levels in C1, but I don't mind the changes they made to the nanosuit in C2 either.

I didn't like Crysis 2 at all so never tried the third one. Never will unless it goes on Steam for cheap.

Crysis 1 was one of the best FPSes ever, it's a shame what they did with the sequel.

Crysis 2 was a gorgeous game with some great cinematic effects but it just wasn't a very fun game to play at all. I struggled to get through the game just so I could see everything.

I didn't like Crysis 2 at all so never tried the third one. Never will unless it goes on Steam for cheap.

Crysis 1 was one of the best FPSes ever, it's a shame what they did with the sequel.
Exactly, I am still not tired of Crysis 1, but others.......

Crysis 2 was a gorgeous game with some great cinematic effects but it just wasn't a very fun game to play at all. I struggled to get through the game just so I could see everything.

Same here, I slogged thru it just for the visuals, but I reached the end of patience somewhere down the line and abandoned it. Somewhere after the Aliens were all over the Earth. The game just wouldn't end :mad: ....now thats the first time I have said that fora game, usually i want the game to never end. :p

I completed Crysis3, though on the ps3, as somehow even though it can run on a ps3, Crytek (cough..nvidia...cough) decided that it cannot run on my DX10.1 card. It had promise of great gameplay with a bit more open areas but there weren't enough enemies to toy around with and the difficulty was too easy even on hard. If they hadn't "casualised" it somuch and had more enemies to run around and use that on,it could have been fun. A few levels were god awful though.

Crytek has lost touch with what made Crysis awesome. Either all the game designers who made Crysis 1 have left Crytek, or they had no idea what made it fun in the first place. Or maybeits Cevat's vision for the franchise at loggerheads with what is actually fun.

Crysis has turned into just a gfx showcase now. Bring back the fun Crytek !

The new one, starts off a bit crap but gets great pretty quickly
be aware level load times are long (but dont happen too often)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back