What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just waiting for Xbox one and already many games on my list so i'm kinda very hungry lion who's going to take down all lambs at a time :p

And when Direct Input was the standard in PC gaming, everything worked like a breeze in every single game that was meant to be played with a gamepad.
And trust Microsoft to make a gamepad that isnt fully backwards compatible with older windows games

And under DOS and win9x with a gamepad on the joystick connector it worked too.

The only trouble I ever had is with Dosbox (under linux, but might be the same under Windows), a gamepad (Playstation 2 ones) is recognised as two axises/two buttons fine, but I couldn't get four buttons to work. I wanted to run console emulators in Dosbox lol.

Played some Medal of Honour reboot, the one where u play against Taliban. I have to say the game gets photorealism very right sometimes. Even though the screen is not that busy, but the night looks like night and the day really looks like day here.

From what i remember, the Single PLayer uses Unreal3? while the MP uses Frostbite? Is that correct?

Stopped playing Metro Last Light about 2/3rds of the way through. Game is very good, but I got to the swamp and catacombs area which has a lot of random dying, and not being able to see what's going on at times with the darned gas mask on gets a bit irritating. Was a very good game overall but I'm done with it.

Switched to Tomb Raider, I think I'm about 40% in. It's definitely not like Tomb Raider's of old as there is little puzzle solving, but still I'm loving the game. Looks and plays really nice, I'm digging the reboot of the Lara character, story is cool as well. Good stuff. It's actually one of those games that makes me ponder getting a 4k tv, 1920x1080 is nice and all but with games like this that draw long distances with nice detail it does make me crave more resolution.

Stopped playing Metro Last Light about 2/3rds of the way through. Game is very good, but I got to the swamp and catacombs area which has a lot of random dying, and not being able to see what's going on at times with the darned gas mask on gets a bit irritating. Was a very good game overall but I'm done with it.

Switched to Tomb Raider, I think I'm about 40% in. It's definitely not like Tomb Raider's of old as there is little puzzle solving, but still I'm loving the game. Looks and plays really nice, I'm digging the reboot of the Lara character, story is cool as well. Good stuff. It's actually one of those games that makes me ponder getting a 4k tv, 1920x1080 is nice and all but with games like this that draw long distances with nice detail it does make me crave more resolution.

Yeah...last light is quite difficult at times...a trick I can remember is to take a member of all(!) available weapon classes with you, such that you never run out of ammo. Also this arrow thing weapon helps a lot against mutants (or was it knives??!). Especially the shotgun helps a lot against those mutant things...and spares ammo.

Regarding TR, I liked the gameplay a lot...especially once I finally got the best bow upgrade...and I also thought the story is quite decent...but wait until the end before you judge :)

As for 4k...listening to this forum I thought that 720p with decent AA is enough ;-)

:)

Still playing BF3 multiplayer...hardcore mode, single shot sniper...run and gun style (camping is for babies and communists!!)

Regarding TR, I liked the gameplay a lot...especially once I finally got the best bow upgrade...and I also thought the story is quite decent...but wait until the end before you judge :)

That sounds ominous :) Guess I'll see. I'm actually almost always using the bow, fully upgraded. It just feels really good to use, it's more satisfying using it than guns, although I do switch to guns if a bunch of guys charge at me. Otherwise it's all stealth kills and the bow.

As for 4k...listening to this forum I thought that 720p with decent AA is enough ;-)

Lol, well I am a bit of a graphics whore so I'm probably somewhat more picky than most. Thing with Tomb Raider perhaps more so than other games is they often put you in a position where you can see long distances at where you need to be headed and how to plan to get there, and that's where I found 1920x1080 just wasn't enough. For the foreground it's fine, for all that background detail it was just lacking. Mind you I don't really want to spend $5000 on a 4k tv so I'll wait for now, but I figure within a year there will be new gpu's that when sli'd can run all games maxed at 4k 60fps anyways. Once that happens I'll start 4k tv shopping, and it's all Tomb Raiders fault :) Great game, I almost feel bad having only paid $15 for it.

Been hooked back on BF3 since getting the 780gtx.

Being able to play bf3 at 60fps with everything on ultra is really cool.

Before, with my gtx580, I'd be in the 40's with with no AA, no blur and all other settings on high.

The fps boost and clean IQ certainly make it a lot more enjoyable for me.

I tried combinations of vsync and frame rate limiter but each caused tearing. Any ideas?

Screen = dell 3008wfp.

I just did a 348m headshot...interesting side note: the head belonged to a heli pilot :)

Gratz on taking down helicopter using just one bullet :D

My personal record was over 740m headshot, but the target was another sniper and took me 7 bullets to finally get the right falloff ... All this just to get over 500m headshot achievement :)

Gratz on taking down helicopter using just one bullet :D

My personal record was over 740m headshot, but the target was another sniper and took me 7 bullets to finally get the right falloff ... All this just to get over 500m headshot achievement :)

Wow! My longest headshot is 657.69m only :)

My longest is only 536 :( My K/D sucks at only 1.18 but I love going for objectives vs kills. It's weird. In CoD I only care about my K/D but in BF3, I've always wanted to win the round.

I started playing Fallout New Vegas. I was supposed to play some shorter game after DA 2, but this is what happened. I've only put little over hour on it so far.

I'm actually hoping for the next Surface to have a Kaveri.

Microsoft could gain a lot in having their tablets using the same GPU family as the Xbone.

I've been quiet for a while, been doing a lot of stuff in my personal life lately. However, I wanted to post to let people know I'm still alive (anyone I'm friends with on Steam will verify I still exist), I also wanted to share that on Friday I upgraded my rig. I bought a Sandy Bridge E i7 3930k and two GTX 780's. My current cards are almost shot, the Fermi line is terrible with heat, and one of them is experiencing a 25 degree difference in temperature. So I decided to upgrade, but didn't want to bottleneck so I grabbed a new CPU, also. There's a lot of promising games coming out that I'm really looking forward to, I wanted to be ready for the next gen stuff. I've been playing the BF4 beta, and it runs like crap on my current setup. I'm also highly anticipating Watch_Dogs. That kinda fell off my radar for a bit, but the closer it comes to release the more I anticipate it. I'm looking forward to maxing out Far Cry 3 and having an awesome frame rate, so that'll probably be one of the first games I reinstall when my new system is built.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back