What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey man! Hope everything's going well.

I think a single GTX780 should be great for just about everything. About as fast as your twin 580s, with double the VRAM and no AFR. What res is your monitor?
If you decide to upgrade later on, you could just add another 780 (it should be around for a while, don't expect the high end Maxwell until this time next year at the earliest).

Hey buddy! Thanks! A number of school/personal stuff kept me at bay for a bit, but I'm back. My monitor is 1900x1080. If the Maxwell is worth waiting for, I'm interested in it. Besides, it gives me time to save. I was wondering if Nvidia actually does release a dual GPU 700 series card and then shortly after releases the 800 series, whether or not I should just wait. I've reviewed their 2013/14 roadmap and it appears the Maxwell series isn't too far off.

Having realized I haven't played the game in ages, and noticing that it's available for $10 on Steam, I went ahead and bought SW:KoTOR again, and have been playing it this week.

I also discovered that the KoTOR2 restored content mod has been completed:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lords-restored-content-mod-tslrcm

So I'm definitely going to give that a go after I finish this game. I have hardly played KoTOR2, because the game just fell flat about halfway through, and that left a horribly bad taste in my mouth. I do hope this mod fixes that.

Yesterday I've started playing Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 and today I've finished it.
This game has it's own charm and quite a bit of good graphics thanks to CryEngine.

Sniping mechanics are great, but this game is very much on rails. Still, it definitely was worth Steam Sale price I've paid and the story isn't half bad.
I must warn that due to poor PC optimization on maximum details in DX11 mode I had moments where my FPS dipped down to single digit, but on average I had 30FPS+ and quite a bit of game 60FPS+ on my HD7970.

If anyone want to see some of better SS please check my Steam SS profile here:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/...rt=newestfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=grid

(I have problems with Steam SS service at the moment. Hopefully it is not affecting everyone and screen captures will be visible to you)

Game have a lot of things you could complain about like Mouse+KB controls not feeling right due to game being optimized for game pads. Despite of that I really enjoyed playthrough thanks to nice balance of stealth and shooting requiring quite a bit of skill.

Next on my list is Gunslinger and after only 2 chapters I'm blown away by this little gem :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Still playing mostly Borderlands 2 lately. Primarily co-op with wife and a friend, insanely fun game to play though highest character is still only 31. Just started co-op through Tiny Tina's Bunkers and Badasses and I think it's the most geek fun and laughter I've ever had over decades of gaming.

Finished Dishonored. Was ok-ish not particular great imo. Best thing: teleporting and fast killing everyone! Story was rather predictable and unspectacular, but ok. The only thing that could really use some substantial improvement is the graphics. Played on max, but this game is just not a looker imo, furthermore the art style did not click with me personally.

But still, even with all this moaning, I am looking forward to try out the DLC which I got from steam ss.

Still playing mostly Borderlands 2 lately. Primarily co-op with wife and a friend, insanely fun game to play though highest character is still only 31. Just started co-op through Tiny Tina's Bunkers and Badasses and I think it's the most geek fun and laughter I've ever had over decades of gaming.

Homerdog and I play regularly, and as of late some friends of mine joined us. If you're interested, we usually play nightly and my Siren is around 31. You're more than welcome to join us, just PM me your Steam name :)

Gearbox announced more DLC, hinting towards a Season 2 Pass. They stated they'll be raising the level cap to 72 and will continue to produce DLC as long as the community wants it. I started doing some of the Captain Scarlet quests and they're a shitload of fun.

Been playing BL2, Batman: AC and Scribblenauts Unlimited. Also did the beginning area of God of War: Ascension. My God, if you're gonna do a QTE fest game, just use GOW:A as your fucking blueprint because that was the most epic shit I've ever seen in a video game. Not necessarily, the best, but the most epic.

BL2 and Batman: AC are replays so I don't have too much commentary for them. :p Well, it's the second time this year I've gone through batman: AC and I beat Batman: AA twice earlier this year as well(Yes, twice, 100%ing it both times, once on console to show the game to my mom and once on PC for extra pretties).

Spent most of the past two nights fixing up my eyefinity setup again to play Fallout 3. Jesus what a chore it is trying to get the game working on ultra-wide setups, digging around in .ini files and finally getting the damn thing to work on Win 7.

Once it's up and running it still feels great though, by far my favourite eyefinity game and it runs great on my ageing 6850.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gearbox announced more DLC, hinting towards a Season 2 Pass. They stated they'll be raising the level cap to 72 and will continue to produce DLC as long as the community wants it. I started doing some of the Captain Scarlet quests and they're a shitload of fun.

Cool, I finished the main game and just finished the Tiny Tina dlc which I thought was very cool, so I look forward to more dlc. Borderlands 2 may be the first game for me that rivals an Elder Scrolls game as far as how many hours I spend on it.

Cool, I finished the main game and just finished the Tiny Tina dlc which I thought was very cool, so I look forward to more dlc. Borderlands 2 may be the first game for me that rivals an Elder Scrolls game as far as how many hours I spend on it.

Hit us up. Like Dresden said we're on almost nightly.

Played some Mark of The Ninja today. Good game , much better than I was expecting ! It also simulates your field of view not just of the enemies, even though u r in a 2d environment you cannot see everything. Also, just like enemies can see only ur last position when u hide, similarly, when u hide you also are aware of the last places you saw the enemy ! You can see the sound waves from thier steps if they are near.Simple stuff, but 99% games don't do this.
Like it a lot !

My only gripe is with the context xsensitive controls. Just like in any game with context based controls, u sometime end up doing you didn't mean to do, cos the button prompt changed at the exact moment. This is something I just don't like about newer games. Give me a fixed button or combination for an action instead of making me press B or A for everything.li really liked MGS2 and 3 for this. They had every action mapped out, so there was no way you did something u didn't mean to do. And they had A LOT of in game actions. With context based button prompts, i have to wait for the prompt and I can't do anything else other than what the game suggests me to do..

Anyways, its a common problem of all newer games, otherwise, Mark of The Ninja is really good fun ! You will replay it again and again to go for your best run ! :)

I'm in the same boat as you. I've devoted some serious hours to BL2 with no sign of slowing down. I'm really looking forward to the new DLC and increased level cap, hopefully Gearbox will announce a Season 2 pass amounting to at least four more DLC.

Homer and I literally play nightly, and Malo joined us the other night. We're always happy to have more company if you're interested in joining us! We have a good time and are honest regarding drops, meaning we won't rob you like most people who you'll be paired with in a game who have a tendency to grab everything without even discussing it with their partners.

Homer and I literally play nightly, and Malo joined us the other night. We're always happy to have more company if you're interested in joining us! We have a good time and are honest regarding drops, meaning we won't rob you like most people who you'll be paired with in a game who have a tendency to grab everything without even discussing it with their partners.

What times do you guys typically play at? I don't game as much as I used to alas, nowadays it's typically between midnight and 1am pacific time some nights, that's about it. I have managed to get my Siren to level 39 though over the course of 8 months of on and off play. I was surprised though to see 81 hours of gameplay so far for Borderlands 2, it's definitely creeping up there!

What times do you guys typically play at? I don't game as much as I used to alas, nowadays it's typically between midnight and 1am pacific time some nights, that's about it. I have managed to get my Siren to level 39 though over the course of 8 months of on and off play. I was surprised though to see 81 hours of gameplay so far for Borderlands 2, it's definitely creeping up there!

Usually in the evening, around 7 EST. We play for a few hours, weekends are traditionally different. I'm usually on during the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back