What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the sales part, but why the DLCs?

When I was shopping for the DLCs, I found that most of them are just new costumes or paint jobs for cars you can already get in the game, and the best you get is a couple of them with some off-quest activities (mini-games).

Hmm... well just as a matter of principle. I always try to beat a game 100% so I guess my anal retentive self might not cope with knowing there's "other content" out there I don't get to experience. It's bad enough when there's no way to get this content because of console exclusivity deals, i.e. Joker challenges on B:AA, an outfit for AC2, local COOP on RE5, Gold Edition DLC for RE5, etc. (*shakes fist at Capcom*)

But to clarify, are you saying the Sleeping Dogs DLC packs are just boosters for content you'd already get from playing the vanilla game? Or are you saying they are new if minor content you can only get by purchasing the DLC? If it's the former I don't want them then. If it's the later my anal retentive self wants them for completeness and warm fuzzy feelings. :oops:

Nightmare in North Point and Year of the Snake are definitely worth getting. Zodiac Tournament would be a maybe and the rest is up to you. Some add a few missions and some extra cars, races etc.

Sleeping Dogs DLC's -- Ok this is getting ridiculous

Pre-order
Police Protection Pack1
Martial Arts Pack1
GSP Pack1
Deep Undercover Pack1
Triad Enforcer Pack1
ANZ Pack
Japanese Presel Pack

August
High Resolution Texture Pack
Top Dog Silver Pack
Retro Triad Pack
Red Envelope Pack
Top Dog Gold Pack
High Roller Pack

October
Street Racer Pack
Tactical Soldier Pack
Community Gift Pack
SWAT Pack
Valve T-Shirt Pack
Screen Legends Pack
Ghost Pig Pack
Nightmare in North Point

November
Square Enix Character Pack
Dragon Master Pack
Drunken Fist Pack
Gangland Style Pack

December
Zodiac Tournament Pack

January
Movie Master Pack
Monkey King Pack

February
Law Enforcer Pack
Wheels of Fury Pack

March
Year of the Snake Pack

Has anyone noticed how Steam has gotten less and less reliable in the last year or so? I think they have major management issues in the IT department or something. No other popular service I know of is so consistently unreliable.

About 60% of the time they'll announce the downtime in the downtime thread, but sometimes like right now it just doesn't work at all for no apparent reason.

Also, why do they schedule lengthy downtime in the middle of east coast USA peak hours every few days?

Last edited by a moderator:
They did go nuts with dlc on Sleeping Dogs. I only got the free high res texture pack and ignored the rest.

Most DLC are cars or clothes ( not really worth it ) but i have take the missions one's just for add a bit of time play after finished it.

Now i have buy the game when steam was doing sales 75% off ( same for the DLC ).. otherwise i will have just do like you.

Has anyone noticed how Steam has gotten less and less reliable in the last year or so? I think they have major management issues in the IT department or something. No other popular service I know of is so consistently unreliable.

About 60% of the time they'll announce the downtime in the downtime thread, but sometimes like right now it just doesn't work at all for no apparent reason.

Also, why do they schedule lengthy downtime in the middle of east coast USA peak hours every few days?

In UK to me it seems opposite to what you're describing.
Steam has gotten a lot more stable with both content delivery and Voice Chat / Friend list not disappearing for prolonged periods of time at least 2-5 times a month. I would say that in 2013 Steam have been 99% reliable when I'm on it.

Sleeping Dogs DLC's -- Ok this is getting ridiculous

November
Square Enix Character Pack
Dragon Master Pack
Drunken Fist Pack
Gangland Style Pack

OK, that just made me want to buy the game. :D I just love Drunken Fist fighting styles in cheesy HK martial arts flicks. If it goes on sale during the Steam Summer Sale for a good price with at least that DLC, I think I'm going to buy it.

Regards,
SB

Just for add for peoples who want try / play Sleeping dogs, i have just got a mail from SquareEnix. Their shop do -75% off for this game and some other. ( still if they do this on their collection, surely Steam too )

Not playing Diablo 3 right now...even though I previously swore I never would play that game again. Now I can't, because the realm is down. Either something went seriously wrong in their data center or they've been hit by a hack attempt/DDoS, because now the entire euro D3 realm is down "for maintenance", on a friday when maints normally take place tuesday nights/wednesday morning...

Always-online is super super great at times like these...! Lol...

That sounds pretty conclusive to me, i had considered getting this because of the franchise but unless it gets to sub £5 and ive finished everything else im interested in I dont think i'll bother.

Star Trek has lots of bad reviews all over. It just continues the long tradition of bad Trek games. I'd guess it was rushed out to be ready for the movie release, and the simplistic and bug filled features are down to a failed attempt to get the game out on a short time scale.

I always look in the forums before buying a game to see what issues there are and in Mars: War Logs you cant rebind the keys

I always look in the forums before buying a game to see what issues there are and in Mars: War Logs you cant rebind the keys

Oh, I see, that is a downer.
I play with Xbox gamepad, which is perfectly supported, so I don't have a complaint...but I am typically on the other side of the fence moaning about bad gamepad support so I know what you are talking about.

It sucks that devs don't take control schemes serious...key rebind is a must imo.

Thankfully all the keys on my keyboard are remapable and the keyboard will auto detect when the game is running and remap the keys on the fly so its not a big deal for me either but for some people it is (especially left handed people) and I dont really want to support a dev that has put so little thought into a game

The game itself is quite entertaining though...about 8hours in. It is a bit like Mass Effect, except that fighting is more brawl heavy, as ammo for the gun is quite rare and expensive. I am not sure if this would be different for an other build, but of course I am going mage tree...

So far, so good. Although there is a bit much running around for the missions and up-leveling got quite a bit slower now, but still ok. Story is a bit slow and not explained clearly so far, also the motivation of my character.

Overall, for a download title quite good so far.

Well I am guessing (not as bad as assuming I hope) that the voice over work was completed during the production of the first startrek movie I have seen some videos of the developers saying that the game had a very long development period to get it right for the fans I am going on a limb here from what I have learned stalking forums game development is well when something is in development hell it means that it has just started developing well this is the background story its well a good product tie in I would have considered it a better game if I had played it 2 or 1 year ago even so not bad gameplay is bearable voiceover work is (at least not for a trekkie) decent graphics are better than some I guess my copy crashes during coop stuff so cant tell you about the ending however it will vet the fans appetite for the movie I guess. and I am pretty sure they have a new game after the release of the movie well I hope anyhow all the best and keep on truckin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back