What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleepy Dogs with Multiplayer would be pretty cool - combat is a lot better than in GTA, and there's lots of cover and stuff. Not sure it has GTA's draw distance tho.

I decided to try some FPSes I missed during the modern Call of Duty blight. The Medal of Honor reboot (not the latest but the one previous) was really impressive. Ran great, looked good, played wonderfully, interesting plot. Then I tried the first of the CoD reboots. Came out like two years prior and featueed like everything the MoH game did - the MoH game was a blatant ripoff. CoD was rough around the edges, and I got stuck playing on a high difficukty when trying to defend the helicopter LZ (you have to mine the area, then wait for waves and waves of "commies" to drop in, and somehow snipe them all...). Anyway it felt much less well-refined but it did have some nice gameplay touches. I resent the whole endless spawn until you move forward thing tho. It's just... not gun combat.

Anyway, can't say I'm too excited about video games atm. Just too much life going on to bother.

I'm on Sleeping Dogs right now and I think it's great too. It's a GTA + melee fighting + third person shooter with cover, and a deeper story.
I have some 12 hours into it and somehow the firearms are really hard to come by.
Of course it's Hong Kong so we couldn't buy guns in a store, but damn the guy is a cop and a triad member. It shouldn't be so hard for him to find guns, right?

Nonetheless, it's a great game to play maxed out in the PC. Plays really well in my laptop too, so I'll be playing it during my flight to NY this week :)

Next in line is probably Hitman Absolution. I'll go through Square Enix's "failures" until I find good prices for Far Cry 3 and Bioshock Infinite.

Oh and weekends are for coops with friends. I've been playing Torchlight 2 and it's really fun.

i dont know why, sleeping dogs plays better on my laptop than GTA IV :/
that game also have nice gameplay mechanic. Too bad Square did not think it as a success

I finally finished Sleeping Dogs, took about 13 hours, great game! I never spent any of my money in game or bought any other guns/cars in the game, I just played through the story as is, good stuff. I had played Hitman Absolution too and really liked it, but I got to one part of the game that was tough, the shooting challenge, and when I finally succeeded at it I ended up dying afterwards then it made me redo the shooting challenge again. So I quit the game. Until that point though the game was pretty good!

Now back to Saints Row 3, somehow I never finished that one. I also started playing Mark of the Ninja which so far is pretty cool.

I finally finished Sleeping Dogs, took about 13 hours, great game! I never spent any of my money in game or bought any other guns/cars in the game, I just played through the story as is, good stuff. I had played Hitman Absolution too and really liked it, but I got to one part of the game that was tough, the shooting challenge, and when I finally succeeded at it I ended up dying afterwards then it made me redo the shooting challenge again. So I quit the game. Until that point though the game was pretty good!

Now back to Saints Row 3, somehow I never finished that one. I also started playing Mark of the Ninja which so far is pretty cool.

Hm, thinking about playing it as well...bought it, but never really tried it seriously.

I played Saints Row The Third cooped with a friend from the beginning to the end and to be honest, the game's worth isn't in the campaign (which is shallow and predictible, TBH). It's in trying all kinds of vehicles, messing with the upgrades, flying a VTOL jet to take out a single dude running from us with a dozen missiles, trying out costumes, etc.
The freedom you get in that game is nothing short of amazing and makes it really fun, especially when playing with a friend.

Hm, thinking about playing it as well...bought it, but never really tried it seriously.

Just stick to the main missions, the green ones. If there's no green icon on your map then just sleep at your apartment then one will appear. That will let the story progress faster. You really don't need to do any of the side missions or spend any money to finish the game, although collecting the missing statues for the dojo place does help as you get more fighting techniques that way so I did some of those. Once the story moved along I got more into the game then I had to see it through. Checkpoints made it fun to play, there were no GTA style penalties for dying where it would put you far back in the game forcing you to redo tons of stuff, I can't stand that anymore.

I played Saints Row The Third cooped with a friend from the beginning to the end and to be honest, the game's worth isn't in the campaign (which is shallow and predictible, TBH). It's in trying all kinds of vehicles, messing with the upgrades, flying a VTOL jet to take out a single dude running from us with a dozen missiles, trying out costumes, etc.
The freedom you get in that game is nothing short of amazing and makes it really fun, especially when playing with a friend.

Oh yeah for sure I'll explore. Saints Row really is meant for trying all the crazy things it allows, it's such an epically fun game :)

Just stick to the main missions, the green ones. If there's no green icon on your map then just sleep at your apartment then one will appear. That will let the story progress faster. You really don't need to do any of the side missions or spend any money to finish the game, although collecting the missing statues for the dojo place does help as you get more fighting techniques that way so I did some of those. Once the story moved along I got more into the game then I had to see it through. Checkpoints made it fun to play, there were no GTA style penalties for dying where it would put you far back in the game forcing you to redo tons of stuff, I can't stand that anymore.

Oh yeah for sure I'll explore. Saints Row really is meant for trying all the crazy things it allows, it's such an epically fun game :)

Cool! Thanks for the infos, sounds good! Will try it next until Blood Dragon hits...

I enjoyed the SR3 campaign with my friend, but it really is best to take one of those sci-fi VTOLs and laser blast everything in existance while completing challenges and shit.

Plus running around with an infinite rocket launcher rarely gets old. I'm looking at both of you, SR3 and Resident Evil 5...

Sorry phoenix, could you please review your policy on punctuation? It is really damn hard to read what you wrote.

Also, where do you go to buy Blood Dragon? I want to play it but it hasn't been released on Steam yet. I remember with Two Worlds 2 I bought it direct from the publisher's EU website before it was released in the US, but I can't see that Blood Dragon is available anywhere right now.

I think homerdog was referring to the fact that Blood Dragon was released in 30th April 2013.

That is, a week from now.

I want to get Sleeping Dogs but only when I can get it on Steam with the entire DLC collection for 15 euros or less. Summer sale probably. WRT GTA4, it runs like crap regardless of your hardware; it's also a tad boring. The two DLC expansions are a lot better, especially TBoGT.

Almost finished with Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Again going for 100% completion, only a few tasks/achievements left now. Then I'll move on to AC: Revelations. Assassin's Creed is turning into one of my favourite series; I even rebought the original on Steam. It's going to be hard having to wait for xmas to get AC3 and I do wish they'd release those PS3-exclusive missions/outfits for the PC versions (grrrr).

I want to get Sleeping Dogs but only when I can get it on Steam with the entire DLC collection for 15 euros or less.

I understand the sales part, but why the DLCs?

When I was shopping for the DLCs, I found that most of them are just new costumes or paint jobs for cars you can already get in the game, and the best you get is a couple of them with some off-quest activities (mini-games).

Man, Gearbox really messed up with the Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode DLC in Borderlands 2. I'm all for a challenging game, but this is hard in all the wrong ways. The enemies simply have far, far too much health. Even the most powerful guns are laughable against some of the enemies in the DLC campaigns.

It is probably still fun coop, but finding a good public coop game is silly since loot is not instanced and none of my friends are close to my level :(

Plus I haven't heard much from my BL2 buddy Dresden since the Boston bombings :cry:

Glad to see everyone is digging Sleepy Dogs. I thought it was really, really well done. They obviously spent too much money on it, so it's a little shorter than you might hope but given that we get to pay discount prices nowadays it's a good deal. Although the main character can be a bit of your typical GrittyAntiHero/BlockofWood, the supporting cast are pretty great and the story is unusually solid. The gameplay is slightly easy but since there are so many awesome fighting moves to use it lets you experiment. A sequel would be really great, seeing as they've laid the groundwork, they hype for a sequel would seem to sell itself. Oh well.

As to guns - the "easy" way is to level up your cop XP and get the shotgun in the trunk feat. That said, the game really isn't made to be played that way, as even having a weapon drawn near a cop is a crime. It seems an ideal game for a trainer, should be fun to park the car up high somewhere with infinite ammo and snipe cops. Anyway, what I wound up doing a LOT before i got that shotgun feat was killing cops. It's not easy at first but you get a 9mm and then you just have to kill the first few that come after you for ammo and ruuuuuun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back