What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently playing Rage and really enjoying it atm. How people can play this game with a pad I'll never know though. The driving works far better with one but the shooting is horrible.

I'm currently playing "trying to get windows game explorer in order"
Highlights include "why in the hell do you insist on using boxart thats twice the size of all the other boxart"
"Why do you insist on putting a shield over some boxart"
and "its Bang Gunship Elite not Barbie's Adventures"
currently up to the letter D

I'm currently playing "trying to get windows game explorer in order"
Highlights include "why in the hell do you insist on using boxart thats twice the size of all the other boxart"
"Why do you insist on putting a shield over some boxart"
and "its Bang Gunship Elite not Barbie's Adventures"
currently up to the letter D

You've got your work cut out if you're trying to sort out the travesty that is windows games explorer. What a complete load of rubbish, I don't know why they even bothered tbh.

At the very least it should be navigable via the gamepad, preferably it should be opened by the gamepad centre 'x' button ala Xbox Live and the box art and details should be vastly more configurable. Preferably though I'd have liked all of the above with an Xbox Live like 3d interface.

My Skyrim argonian vampiric conjuror who also dabbles in illusion and destruction, my 4th toon, has been a helluva lot of fun lately.

I'm on my 2nd play through (though I didn't quite finish it the first time around), on my Nord 1H Sword + Shield female, really enjoying that a lot more than I did my thief/destruction dark elf. Having 900 armor rating + shield that casts spellshield when blocking is great for survival and once I got used to the melee it's really visceral. Shield bashes and rushes are a blast.

My argonian conjuror has been refocusing those perks into archery since destruction starts to hit a pretty hard wall in the late teens and early 20s. My summoned bow with a few archery perks does quite a bit more damage than my destruction spells, and it saves my mana for resummoning pets. Almost wish I would respec those perks in-game and not through the console (which makes me feel like I'm cheating the game).

I discovered something cool this play through: one of the monks up on the mountain will point you toward word walls if you ask if they've learned of more words of power. I had no idea, always figured people looked them up online or used a strat guide for discovering most of them. I've spent huge amounts of time with this toon clearing out dungeons to reach these words. Nothing like slow time or ethereal maxed out during tough fights.

I'm also now summoning storm atronachs, and just got the perk that makes them 50% tougher. They can basically tank anything I'm encountering.

There was a GW2 stress test on Friday.

I played Tera Online, the combat is nice, but that's all there is to the game :(
(So boring to go click multiple times to get quests, kill n monsters, then come back and click again to validate. Lots of useless traveling wasting your time between fun.)

Started Trine 2 over again with another friend, having the same pace makes the whole experience way better than my previous experience.

Well, with the first BETA weekend for GW2 coming up next week, I renewed my point grind in GW1. Up to 24 points now. Should easily hit 27 before the BETA. Basically have all the items I want except for the flaming gauntlets that you get at 30 points. Grrrrr...

Whatever else happens I NEED to hit 30 before Diablo 3 comes out as I'm not going to be wanting to play anything else for a bit once I get my hands on that. :p

Regards,
SB

Still have one elite armour to register to Guild Wars HoM.
Played Diablo 3 beta this week-end, tried all characters at low level, prefered the monk and the demon hunter most.
4 players max is a bit limiting though, hopefully we'll have GW2 if we are more than 4 playing at once.

And up to 26 points in the HoM. Just need Luxon armor + 2 more elite armors of any kind and that'll give me 4 more points for 30. Unfortunately, I can't afford 3 sets of armor right now. :p But grinding out cash for armor is easier and less time consuming than grinding out armor remnants (for Hero Armor) or Titles. So probably going to be more GW2 for most of this week. :p

That and C&C online BETA. Pretty nice, although there are some annoyances still. Like not being able to switch which enemy base/camp/outpost is your active target without attacking it. I like to scan targets around me before picking one to hit and if my first choice isn't the one I end up wanting to hit, it gets really annoying setting up a large and complex attack.

Regards,
SB

Argh, more GW. At 29 points in the HOM. And now I can't decide how I want to do the last point.

Either 3 runs of Slaver's Exile, 5 titles, or farm about 150-200 plat for 2 armor sets. /sigh. Slaver's is probably easiest to get armor for 3 heroes, but man that dungeon is a PITA solo.

Regards,
SB

Just completed Dungeon Defenders with my Dad. I played squire and he the apprentice. That last dragon takes some beating, even on the medium level we did our first playthrough at. Probably will be buying up all the DLC for that game over the next few months.

For the last level wifey joined in too using split-screen which worked beautifully online and she didn't need to buy an account to play. Why does it take a budget game to do these things right?

It's a good game. First person tower defense with strong a whiff of borderlands (when it comes to loot, not setting). Very more-ish.

Besides that I'm still playing BF3 and doing nicely, Starcraft 2 I appear to be worse than I was last season. Can't even get into the top 10 in my bronze division. I suck.

Witcher 2 is going on in full force. Still am in Flotsam but doing in the Claws of Madness subquest. I am having fun exploring everything. Game looks amazing. Then Batman AC GOTY got announced. Unfortunately the PC version is not coming any time soon so I might just might break down and get it on the PS3. Now that I have a Denon 3312CI hooked up, after beating Uncharted 3 that will most likely be the game to get.

Still Enjoying the sheer joy that is updating windows game explorer
just completed the letter L

I hope it doesnt end up like when i created an icon library for my games icons.
To save windows having to search all over the pc for icons when i opened the games folder on the start menu I decided to put them all in a single library.
Using resource hacker I extracted all the icons from the game exe's just 32x32 not all the formats to keep the size down (believe me thats a chore you don't want to have to do too often)
then I put them into into an icon library *.icl file (replaced some of them with better ones if I had them) came out at 12mb
Than I had to go through the properties of 300 games and tell each game shortcut to use the icon in the library.

Then a few months later I upgraded to win7 and guess what? it doesn't support icon library's so all my work was for nothing :(

Still Enjoying the sheer joy that is updating windows game explorer
just completed the letter L

I hope it doesnt end up like when i created an icon library for my games icons.
To save windows having to search all over the pc for icons when i opened the games folder on the start menu I decided to put them all in a single library.
Using resource hacker I extracted all the icons from the game exe's just 32x32 not all the formats to keep the size down (believe me thats a chore you don't want to have to do too often)
then I put them into into an icon library *.icl file (replaced some of them with better ones if I had them) came out at 12mb
Than I had to go through the properties of 300 games and tell each game shortcut to use the icon in the library.

Then a few months later I upgraded to win7 and guess what? it doesn't support icon library's so all my work was for nothing :(

Wow. Just wow. That is some SERIOUS dedication Davros.

I'm back to my argonian conjuror in Skyrim, he's now 36th level and fighting elder/ancient dragons and daugr wights and lords are as common as regular daugrs. I'm still hunting down every last word I can find for the dragon shouts, got my conjuration and illusion at 100, with archery in the high 80s, destruction in the 70s, and restoration in the 50s. Hoping Bethsoft announces some meaty DLC soon.

Speaking of Skyrim, last night I tweaked the ugrids, changing the default variable of 5 to 11. The draw distance is awesome, now. You can see pretty far. I also installed a nice ENB shader mod. I need to post screens of this.

I'm back to my argonian conjuror in Skyrim, he's now 36th level and fighting elder/ancient dragons and daugr wights and lords are as common as regular daugrs. I'm still hunting down every last word I can find for the dragon shouts, got my conjuration and illusion at 100, with archery in the high 80s, destruction in the 70s, and restoration in the 50s. Hoping Bethsoft announces some meaty DLC soon.

How is conjuration when you're maxed out? I assume your summons are quite beefy and useful? Do you combine with bound weapons as well?

How is conjuration when you're maxed out? I assume your summons are quite beefy and useful? Do you combine with bound weapons as well?

The dremora lords are very powerful, and when you have two of them going to town on, say, a daugr stormlord he doesn't last very long. Before I got dragonrend I'd summon storm atronachs to lightning bolt dragons out of the sky, and once grounded I'd bring in the dremora lords to finish them off. And, yes, I summon a bow, which does really good damage with the Archery perks that can double your bow dmg. I also have Lydia with me wielding Volendrung while in Blades armor, and she also holds her own quite nicely. And if the fight is particularly hoary I use Illusion spells to calm or fear the extra mobs (I actually got into it with two daugr stormlords and 2-3 wights in one dungeon).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back