What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started Force Unleashed 1 on PC

I feel sorry for you, I got it for 3€ and I'm tempted to say it wasn't worth that much... :(

Playing The Witcher, combat is a bit dumb but the game is nice overall.
Playing some BFBC2, and Guild Wars along with little L4D2 during the week-ends.

I feel sorry for you, I got it for 3€ and I'm tempted to say it wasn't worth that much... :(

Damn that's cheap! I though the £10 I paid was a bargain :smile:

Anyway I'm actually quite enjoying it at the moment although only 20 mins in. I recently played the sequel which by most accounts is worsebut I loved it despite the performance issues. Seems the first also has issues but only at points. Nothing I can't handle for a bargain bin price anyway.

This is on a 2.4Ghz Dual Conroe so not exactly the fastest CPU on the block.

I've just started Fallout NV. I like it, it is much more RPG than Fallout 3.

Decided to play neverwinter nights 2 ive had it since launch but never been able to get into it
buggered up my character by selecting warlock cos it sounded cool then after I got to level 6 realised it was crap and switched to sorcerer but couldnt get the good spells :(

Having built a brand new gaming PC I'm catching up to a lot of games I skipped the first time around, replaying others at max details and being disappointed by some console ports.

Assassin's Creed. Beautiful game, 60fps really sells the awesome animations. While the game IS repetitive, if you do all the quests and mix in some flag-hunting it's quite enjoyable. Also the story was original I felt. Haven't played the second one, and likely won't because of the Draconian DRM but hopefully in the future there will be a patch taking it out or something.

Aliens versus Predator, very nice. Starts slow and not very impressive but once you get to the Jungle levels through to the end it's quite good and the graphics made me pause and take notice. The alien campaign was also cool, if short. The Predator part felt a bit disconnected but maybe that's just me, while I like the Predator mythos I never felt the connection with the Alien universe was well explained or needed. In this game there's very litle Predator and its campaign is also a bit short, which for me is not a problem. Waiting for Alien Colonial Marines instead but I'd definitely check out AvP 2 if they make it.

Dead Space. My gawd! I only paid 5 euros for it but this is my new low for a rushed console port. Lowest FOV eva, unimpressive graphics, controller driven menus, slow moving enemies. Also, why did DOOM 3 take so much criticism for monster closets and scare tactics instead of horror, being corridor shooter and space stations being too grey and boring; yet this game comes out 4 (?) years later and apart from being third-person has all that and suddently it's a good game? Oh, I'm playing it with a controller and it still doesn't feel right.

Crysis: Still holds up. At max details this is a joy to behold but I have to praise the gameplay too. They managed to keep the player control tight and the weapons carry punch. It is repetitive running around the jungle but I'm almost at the alien craft so it will pick up again. Does anyone know of a mod that makes vehicles playable?

Also replaying SF4 and Burnout Paradise.

On my queue to (re)play in no particular order: Resident Evil 5, GTA4, Red Faction: Guerrilla, STALKER. Oblivion, Fallout 3. Can't wait to try Oblivion at max details with HD mods.

Richard, do give the second and third Assassins Creeds a shot if you really enjoyed the first one. The AC2 and AC:Brotherhood really refine the game mechanics to make it quite enjoyable.

One way of dealing with the draconian DRM is to play it on a console; Just sayin...

Or you could use pirate hax. I had to do that with Anno 1701 because the disk check was under the impression that Gamestop sold me a fake :D

I loved AC2 and the DRM never bit me.

Playing Civ 5 right now since I just finished DA:O and its expansion over the weekend (my 5th time through, had to replay it to get the bad taste that is DA2 out of my mouth).

I think I'm near the end of Crysis. The first one.

I'd tried to get started on it 2 or 3 times before over time but somehow I always lost interest really quickly.

This time around on a Sandy Bridge with a fast Geforce it all clicked and it's been a hell of a ride. Warhead next, then 2 probably.

(my 5th time through, had to replay it to get the bad taste that is DA2 out of my mouth).
Really? Hmm, I really enjoyed DA2. The combat was much better-balanced, much faster-paced, and overall more fun. It was kinda neat following the characters over the years. And the overall story wasn't bad either. It was kind of refreshing, for instance, not to have a cliche, world-destroying plot that had to be stopped.

It did fall a bit short in a few areas. The zones were pretty repetitive, for instance. And some of the changes in artwork really broke continuity from the previous game. But overall I thought it was rather good. Roughly on par with DA: Origins.

Richard, do give the second and third Assassins Creeds a shot if you really enjoyed the first one. The AC2 and AC:Brotherhood really refine the game mechanics to make it quite enjoyable.

Thanks, I will definitely keep that in mind for when my queue frees up. I really liked the first one.

One way of dealing with the draconian DRM is to play it on a console; Just sayin...

Heh, while I was waiting for Sandy/B3 I got a Wii. It came with Donkey Kong Classic on the flash memory, which is great because if I ever reset it I lose it forever. Draconian DRM on consoles yay! Besides, I'm loving 1080p @ 60fps. ;)

I'm playing EVERYthing now that I finally was able to upgrade. 6950 2 gig.

Bought GTA IV (some of the humour is geared too much for the bro crowd, still, the main character is decent and gameplay is fun and feels truly evil), I need more RAM but I have it maxxxed with MLAA. Minimum fps is ~22.

Crysis Warhead maxed no mlaa, Sim City 4, Wings of Prey, Stalker COP (trying to get that realistic colour mod working, haven't installed updates and can't really tell if the inital file affected it),

and of course Arma 2, (need more ram), maxed viewdistance @ 5000.

And finally I play minimap (==every map in) BFBC2 whenever not enough people are online playing Joint Operations.

Dead Space. My gawd! I only paid 5 euros for it but this is my new low for a rushed console port. Lowest FOV eva, unimpressive graphics, controller driven menus, slow moving enemies. Also, why did DOOM 3 take so much criticism for monster closets and scare tactics instead of horror, being corridor shooter and space stations being too grey and boring; yet this game comes out 4 (?) years later and apart from being third-person has all that and suddently it's a good game? Oh, I'm playing it with a controller and it still doesn't feel right.

It's interesting how Dead Space is much more System Shock-y than Bioshock. The problem is that it is even more of a polished turd than Bioshock. And it's enough to see the main character's mask to realize what kind of a "horror" game it is.

A FP or any game for that matter with internal systems as heavy as those in SS ain't gonna fly in the AAA market of today. We're gonna have to wait for an indie team for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Battlefield Bad Company 2 is just $10.20 today on Steam !!!!

Should I get it? Is the MP still active or have everyone moved on, even if its BFVIetnam, cos I am not buying that. BF3 is also coming out this year.

What do you guys think? Should I invest?

"Whaddaya Buyin' !" ;)

Battlefield Bad Company 2 is just $10.20 today on Steam !!!!

Should I get it? Is the MP still active or have everyone moved on, even if its BFVIetnam, cos I am not buying that. BF3 is also coming out this year.

What do you guys think? Should I invest?

"Whaddaya Buyin' !" ;)

Still many BFBC2 players out there, finding a server isn't a problem at all.
Only thing I could see is people moving to BF3 later this year when it gets released.

I had so much fun with the single player in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, I've gone back to play Assassin's Creed 2 which I skipped the first time around, and it's pretty much just as good. With everything turned up, there seems to be little difference between the two engines, and there is masses to do in both games. Obviously Brotherhood is a bit more polished and the gameplay has been tweaked, but Creed 2 is pretty much just as good.

Still many BFBC2 players out there, finding a server isn't a problem at all.
Only thing I could see is people moving to BF3 later this year when it gets released.

Yeah ! I can see PC players moving on to BF3 as anyways most r fans of BF2 ! But there's still time for that and there will be players who will wait, playing BC2, before BF3 also hits bargain bins:) ! I have bought the game ,btw, couldn't resist it ! I like the gameplay too much !

I haven't bought Vietnam , though ! I dunno, that would mean another $7.50. Have people moved on to the Vietnam maps, or are the vanilla BC2 lobbies still active? From what I have seen on consoles, I have always seen that the vanilla Maps are most played, with DLC maps mostly getting few players. Hows the scene on BC2. Please advise !

Also, I believe Vietnam has a co-op mode, which vanilla BC2 doesn't. Is it so? Is it worth the price?:???:

Have people moved on to the Vietnam maps, or are the vanilla BC2 lobbies still active[/B]? From what I have seen on consoles, I have always seen that the vanilla Maps are most played, with DLC maps mostly getting few players. Hows the scene on BC2. Please advise !

Also, I believe Vietnam has a co-op mode, which vanilla BC2 doesn't. Is it so? Is it worth the price?:???:

For what it's worth none of the players I know have bought Vietnam (and me neither), and they are all still playing the game.

So I can't say anything about Vietnam...

Most people are still playing the regular maps. And there are still a lot of people playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back