What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minecraft. For hours.

Every time I think "Why am I playing this?" I immediately then think "I'm happy, don't question it" and carry on.

Beat Batman Arkham Asylum and solved all of the Riddler's puzzles with a little bit of help. Now I am playing the challenges. Have achieved 3 batarangs in all of the combat related ones but the silent predator ones are tough!!! Just don't know how to crack the code on those. Still have to finish up the Splinter Cell coop stuff.

Got about 80% of the way through Kane and Lynch 2 and finally stopped. Not a bad game really considering the bad press it seemed to get. Played on couch via 360 controller made it like a fun console action game, except with high resolution and consistent 60fps frame rate. Overall, good fun.

Played a bit of Amnesia The Dark Descent. Not bad and definitely creepy at times, but after a while there seemed to be a sameness to it so I stopped.

Not sure what to play next, have a dozen or so games I picked up during the steam holiday madness, although I really should go back and finish Dragon Age. Thinking of dabbling in Mirrors Edge as well.

I got so bored with Mirror's Edge its not even funny. I experienced the same with Bioshock too. Once I knew what was the plot towards the end of the game, I just could not be even bothered to go ahead and try and beat it...don't know why. The game was quite stunning and challenging.

Harms Way on the X360.... it's a free download on XBLA, and for a free game is really nicely done. Multiplayer co-op shooter and driving game, with teams of two, one driver, one gunner manning turrets along the trackside blowing the other drivers up :) Only downer is not too many folks seem to be playing for some mysterious reason....

On PC, just discovered Amnesia Dark Descent which Joker454 mentioned, really quite scary in places, and lovely sense of horror build-up/atmosphere (there's a good review of it here where it gets an award – apparently not a huge game, so doesn't drag things out too much, still has me captivated 3 hours in...).

Farcry 2
Assasins Creed 2
Tombraider Anniversary

All on PC. I'm not greatly taken by any of them at the moment. Maybe I'm going off gaming or perhaps I'm still coming down from the buzz that was Warhead.

Trying Silent Hunter : Wolves of the Pacific.
3 hours and I still miss most of the time with torpedoes... guess the learning curve is steep.

Dawn of War II + expansion again for like the 8th time. :D Game never gets old. Also back to playing The Last Stand horde mode in it for hours at a time again. :p

Can't wait til the new expansion for it. Still 2 more months, ARGH!

Regards,
SB

I got so bored with Mirror's Edge its not even funny. I experienced the same with Bioshock too. Once I knew what was the plot towards the end of the game, I just could not be even bothered to go ahead and try and beat it...don't know why. The game was quite stunning and challenging.

I'm getting the same feeling so far as well. Played it for a while and it does indeed look and run so nice on PC. Plays great as well, gives me that run Lola run feel. But I somehow doubt I will finish it.

I decided to actually put my 360 to use and bought Red Dead Redemption and Final Fantasy XIII.

RDR is brilliant. I feel a little guilty arriving so late on this one, but I was waiting until Rockstar announced it for PC. I got bored of waiting. It was worth every penny. I'm contemplating buying the Undead Nightmare complete pack, which apparently includes Liars and Cheats and Legends and Killers. I'd like to play Hold 'em online, but fear my skill level is way too low to actually compete with people other than the computer.

FFXIII was a good buy, as well, albeit feels a bit linear, at times. It's basically walk a straight line until you inevitably enter combat to repeat the same skills over and over. By the way, if this sounds profoundly typical of a Final Fantasy game, I should warn you this is my first time buying one.

Dragon Age Ultimate Edition starting this weekend.

On the 360, I can't stop playing Vietnam and TrailsHD DLC with occasional Kinect and Lips breaks.

Last edited by a moderator:
On PC, just discovered Amnesia Dark Descent which Joker454 mentioned, really quite scary in places, and lovely sense of horror build-up/atmosphere (there's a good review of it here where it gets an award – apparently not a huge game, so doesn't drag things out too much, still has me captivated 3 hours in...).

Dragon Age Ultimate Edition starting this weekend.

Edited to contain only righteousness...

If they want to promote evil they have their own forum to do it in
there is no need to defile the purity of the one true religion
I dont go to the console forum and talk about p.c gaming even though I would be doing them a favour and making their lives infinitely better
because I respect the fact that people have a right to be wrong

lol. Consoles have there place if you're purely a hedonist as I am.

As to what I'm playing now: HL2-0,1,2 cinematic mod, Wings of Prey and starting a trial of Rise of Flight...need to get my Saitek programmed for X3 but only have Reunion and might need to get Terran Conflict. Oh, and some Black Ops and BFBC2 (PC of course)...thought Red Dead Redemption keeps calling me from the 360...when is the PC version coming out for pity sake?

I decided to actually put my 360 to use and bought Red Dead Redemption and Final Fantasy XIII.

RDR is brilliant. I feel a little guilty arriving so late on this one, but I was waiting until Rockstar announced it for PC. I got bored of waiting. It was worth every penny. I'm contemplating buying the Undead Nightmare complete pack, which apparently includes Liars and Cheats and Legends and Killers. I'd like to play Hold 'em online, but fear my skill level is way too low to actually compete with people other than the computer.

FFXIII was a good buy, as well, albeit feels a bit linear, at times. It's basically walk a straight line until you inevitably enter combat to repeat the same skills over and over. By the way, if this sounds profoundly typical of a Final Fantasy game, I should warn you this is my first time buying one.

FF games tend to be kinda linear, but FF13 takes the fucking cake. I can't think of any console RPGs as linear as it.

When you've played like 50 of the damn things and you can't name one anywhere close to being as linear as that, you know something's wrong.

lol. Consoles have there place if you're purely a hedonist as I am.

As to what I'm playing now: HL2-0,1,2 cinematic mod, Wings of Prey and starting a trial of Rise of Flight...need to get my Saitek programmed for X3 but only have Reunion and might need to get Terran Conflict. Oh, and some Black Ops and BFBC2 (PC of course)...thought Red Dead Redemption keeps calling me from the 360...when is the PC version coming out for pity sake?

If Rockstar is to be believed, it won't ever.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back