What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know when it hits? I'm only a weekend warrior but I'm bored with the current maps already.

No idea :(

I recomplained that I pre-orderd 1943 for PC along with BC2 at this time last year (on the 22nd I believe) and I'm still waiting for that :D

otoh, I do find it funny that I still go on servers and find Rush maps that I've never seen before since I'm more of a Conquest kind of guy.

But VIP7 will probably hit before NAM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished gothic 4 I used to hate rpg's where the location of the objective wasnt clear and you would spend hours looking for a cave entrance (morrowind im looking at you) but having just played one where you know exactly where to go i sort of miss it.
Fired up Risen but its not grabbing me im still at the stage where the missions suck, fred wants 3 pieces of meat, bob wants 5 mushrooms ect...

Getting back into City of Heroes again. Haven't played it in quite a while, and thought I'd give it a whirl again.

They've definitely improved the game significantly since I last played about two years ago. Plus some new high-end content is coming in a week or so :)

Assassins Creed (the first one). On the verge of completing it now after over a year but my girlfriends already beaten me after a week! Goddammit!

Was cleaning up Old HD's and found Silent Storm on one of the disks.. I've spent 4 hours on it last night after Company of Heroes and BadCompany2.

(I quit the last one after 23:00)

Been playing BFBC2 wuite a lot the latest days. Had several good matches with Neliz. Sure was some action packed rounds, especially when defending the desert village with the heli tearing it down!

Also I dont know if I might just have forgotten but I find the games visuals to look spectacular and sound to sound better than before, maybe patch has added stuff?

Also I dont know if I might just have forgotten but I find the games visuals to look spectacular and sound to sound better than before, maybe patch has added stuff?

It's definitely audio as well, I finished BlackOps saturday night and you're really missing the audio, like everything is flat, dual channel audio or something.

Visually it's still the same, though I think something did change with the shadows... like the LOD for shadows has been adjusted under DX11, like I'm running in DX10 mode.

but everything, the HBAO, the amazing effects like smoke, dust etc. and character models.. way better than anything in the market right now.

Sniper: Ghost Warrior in between COD:MW2 matches :smile:

So far I've played couple of missions in Sniper and the game isn't bad. It's not as good as Crysis game play wise at least so far, but the biggest negative for me is very 'consolish' movement. I've tried adjusting mouse sensitivity and other tricks but overlay feeling of console port stayed in that department. At least it runs very well maxed @ 1920x1200 on my temporary HD5770 (till Cayman). In places this game looks amazing! Water is lacking compared to Crysis for sure, but the jungle looks all right!:D

Question to you guys - should I get Black Ops for online fun with friends or BFBD2?

Question to you guys - should I get Black Ops for online fun with friends or BFBD2?

As a lover of graphics, audio and deep+fair gameplay, I say BC2. Nothing about [strike]counterstrike:source[/strike]CoD ever impressed me that much and I've played that against professional guys.

Finally got around to playing Batman Arkham Asylum and am enjoying every bit of it. Physx is set to normal, resolution at 2560 x 1600, aa set to 8x and everything else maxed out. This is as much as my system can handle though I think because of Unreal Engine the AA is kind of not even required since I dont think it makes that much of a difference.

Don't forget to link the games to your EA account, being a veteran has it's perks and nothing beats shooting a M60 wielding guy with an M1 Garand.

I just got done playing some World in Conflict for the first time in two years. I've forgotten how truly awesome a game it is and truly PC annihilating WiC is on max settings. It sure does bother me that CPUs haven't caught up to it's needs at max physics settings.

I wouldn't say it is CPUs needing to catch up but more the physics system code/optimisations.

I wouldn't say it is CPUs needing to catch up but more the physics system code/optimisations.

Well I did a bit of research, and it seems that i5s and i7s have no problem with the game even at more intense moments. To get some perspective on where AMDs line up fits in with Intels on WiC (and I wish there was a high IQ chart):

Kind of pathetic
wic_1920.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back