What are you playing now?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by digitalwanderer, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Richard

Richard Mord's imaginary friend
    Veteran

Invite them to your game?

2. KimB

Legend

Not too difficult to imagine a scenario. Imagine you're not really enjoying yourself a whole heck of a lot playing some game, and would perhaps rather be doing something else, but you're not sure what. Then your friend comes on and messages you, "Dude! We're having a great time over here playing X, but could really use another player!"

Doesn't sound like a bad thing to me.

3. Dresden

Dresden Celebrating Mediocrity
    Veteran

Yes. But I don't find myself playing anything other than Blizzard titles, BC2 was an exception, very often. And not even my copy of BC2 was a Steam version.

Why not? It's nice when you're diddling around in one game, say WoW, and a friend invites you to a SC2 match. That's mostly what happens with me, at least.

4. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

I just closed my WoW account, don't really have the time to dedicate to an MMO at the moment and WoW is always the same ole shit really.

5. suryad

Veteran

LOL. Its not that hard I thought. What exactly are you having trouble with?

6. Davros

Legend

I have a phone and countless im's

7. BRiT

BRiT (>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
    Moderator Legend Alpha

So your friends should have the inconvenience of having to pickup a phone to contact you when they likely have a headset/mic on to talk with their other friends in game? You obviously game alone and never on XBoxLive.

8. Rodéric

Rodéric a.k.a. Ingenu
    Moderator Veteran

Plain Sight!
    buy it for less than 2 quids on Steam !
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/49900/

and still playing Guild Wars (have yet to finish Factions & Nightfall)
    also still playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 sometimes.

9. KimB

Legend

Perhaps. But the nice thing about in-game support is that you don't have to alt+tab out of the game to see the IM. For phone, sure, I can understand that, but very few of the people I know online have my phone number.

I will grant that I probably won't ever make use of this particular feature myself, but I can understand how it can be rather nice for some players.

10. Sigfried1977

Legend Veteran

Sacred 2.
    My bargaining character finally caught up with my main.

11. KimB

Legend

Going back and playing a bit of NWN2 again. They definitely have improved the user interface over from when the game was first released, but it's still nowhere near as good as it really should be.

12. Kurt

Newcomer

Ground Control II - while cleaning out drawers I found a shrink-wrapped copy that I don't even remember bying :shock: but it was only €4.99 according to the sticker -- So far it is fun, graphics are OK to nice for a 2003-ish game and not too tough on my C2D laptop.

Learning curve has been steep though (for me) and there are some niggling GUI and control issues (not very customizable) but I'm getting used to it. Quite different to most RTS I've played - no base building, no resources, no tech tree -- makes figuring out units and how to use them properly, etc. take longer than usual.

I'm almost done with the first part of the campaign which I don't really care for in terms of story as it's the same old terrans vs. aliens vs. rebels crap that can be found in almost every post-Starcraft game from that era.

13. Lightman

Veteran Subscriber

That's why I love that game :twisted:!
    I've got used to combat half way through the game and then didn't even noticed it's annoying.
    Remember to always have potions on hand when fighting bosses!

PS. when you finish let me know how this game ended for you!

14. John Reynolds

John Reynolds Ecce homo
    Veteran

I still loved that game. By summer of 07 I'd played through it four complete times, with a handful of builds in Act 1. My lawful evil monk was probably my favorite, though the dragon build was also incredibly powerful. Aligning with the Shadow King and having the final combat scenario be against the party of NPCs you'd spent the entire game collecting was fun, as was the evil ending's cutscene.

15. KimB

Legend

One thing I did once or twice was make use of one of these power builds:
    http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Power_Builds

I think I've done the eldritch blade build, as well as the dragonmaster negotiator. It's been a while, but man, those builds can be truly powerful. Currently I'm just doing a simple scholar of candlekeep, and he's rather fun to play.

When you mention the evil path, though, I realize that I don't think I've ever taken the evil path in this game. I'll definitely have to do that soon...

16. snarfbot

Regular Newcomer

well its not that bad, but it did ramp up pretty dramatically, going from trivially easy to hard.

im in the swamp now, guiding gramps to his house, i dont have any pots on me either which is probably why its so hard. the plant creature in particular can take out 1/4 of my health in 1 hit.

i havent had time to play in a couple days im gonna hop on it now. the combats pretty fun imo.

17. John Reynolds

John Reynolds Ecce homo
    Veteran

Wow, wish that resource had been available to me years ago. I'm now half-tempted to reinstall NWN2 and all its expansions.

My RDD build used a scythe and pretty much solo'd the red dragon. He was criting for over 100hp at times, insane damage output.

I think Obsidian actually made the camera controls worse with Storm of Zehir though.

18. I.S.T.

Veteran

One easy way to get through the game is to get the three red meteorite sword in the first chapter, and to focus on Igni. It lowers enemy defense, and it does a crapload of damage.

19. Davros

Legend

Supposed to be playing Mafia in preparation for Mafia 2, but have been distracted (yet again) by a new Dx9 patch for Battlezone 2
    read all the details and downloads :
    http://matesfamily.org/bz2/

20. DennisK4

Newcomer

Playing Mafia 2. Its supposed to be 10 hour game but its going to take me at least 20.