What are you playing now? [2018-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm half way in Tomb Raider, I guess (I assume the percentage number also considers the amount of found stuff, upgraded gear, etc., so...). I say it again: the game is brilliant! So, so entertaining, and the story is so good. A true adventure, IMO, and I'm liking it way more than Uncharted and Uncharted 2 (I have U3, but that will come later into my play list). I'm addicted to the bow! :D

Also, I'm liking the subtle supernatural approach, so far, which I didn't expect. Let's see how this ends...

----------------

I'm interested in finding a PS3 game for two people (simultaneous coop). I hear that LBP is quite good, regarding this. Which one is better for 2 players? 1, 2 or 3?

And, are there other games for 2 players, besides fighting games?

Thank you! :)

I'm considering buying The Sims, but I'm not sure if I should go for 2 or 3. I spent lots of hours with The Sims 2, but I don't know if I would like the new things in the third instalment, plus I find that the graphics are uglier (even though they are more advanced).

Any opinions?

@eloyc
I've never tried any of the sims games myself, but if I was to I'd go with the latest installment, as it is as you say, more advanced, and thus probably more enjoyable in the long run. And knowing how wacky AI can be, probably also better patched/maintained.

Plus, there's some really rather funky/freaky mods available for sims 3 as well, if you're into that sort of thing! ;)

@eloyc
I've never tried any of the sims games myself, but if I was to I'd go with the latest installment, as it is as you say, more advanced, and thus probably more enjoyable in the long run. And knowing how wacky AI can be, probably also better patched/maintained.

Plus, there's some really rather funky/freaky mods available for sims 3 as well, if you're into that sort of thing! ;)
The huge amount of mod stuff and official expansions overwhelms me, honestly. XD It's like I don't know where to begin, too many additional contents besides the main game.

BTW, I just realized there's a Sims 4. :( Now I'm more confused than ever. At least I'm sure I enjoyed the second one and that I already like it as it is.
EDIT: I've read more opinions and a lot of Sims hardcore players prefer gameplay in TS 2, even the more cartoony looks.

Last edited:
I'm unsure how gameplay in sims games even works - aren't the sims kinda supposed to do their own thing...? Do you set their moods and desires to make them do stuff you want, what?

I'm unsure how gameplay in sims games even works - aren't the sims kinda supposed to do their own thing...? Do you set their moods and desires to make them do stuff you want, what?
They automatically do their own thing based upon their desires and needs, too, but you can control them manually whenever you want to. The thing is that there's a defined set of actions they can do, and this also determines how your sims interact with each other. Some players said that the family interactions were more enjoyable in 2 vs 3, for instance, since they automatically do some things but in 3 they don't, plus there are no toddlers, etc. Some players say too that the gameplay is simpler but more entertaining and charismatic.

Kingdom Come Deliverance. Probably 40 hours in so far and encountered very few problems thank god. Loving the game.
Finished Bayonetta on the Switch. Haven't played a game where normal was this tough in ages.
Started Bayonetta 2 now.

Nex machina. This is truly the Resogun (spiritual) sequel I was waiting for.

And still no technical articles about the tech that is used in this game ? How so ? Effects, voxels by millions, tons of things on screen at 60fps, etc.

Now tricky question:

Why, why but why did Housemarque even make those 2 previous games: not being even a spiritual successor of Resogun and only at 30fps after the the home run that was Resogun at 60fps ?

/why.gif

Playing Pit People now. It's finally come out of Early Access and the entire game is available. Casual turn based tactical strategy by the makers of Castle Crashers with a ton of humor and fantastic voice exposition.

Wonderful game that is easy to pick up and play due to bite sized play segments that also has that just one more "turn" feel to it.

Dont the devs have a habit of removing features with every new iteration ?
Ok, I clearly don't know enough of the Sims then.

Seems weird that they're cutting down so heavily on the gameplay. But, it's EA, I shouldn't be surprised. Cutting features means having to spend (perhaps way) less time weeding strange behaviors and quirks out of the code. Much cheaper that way!

Ok, I clearly don't know enough of the Sims then.
Some gameplay for you:

First video in a series that covers all the aspects of the game. It may not look as fun and addictive as it is. :)

Seems weird that they're cutting down so heavily on the gameplay. But, it's EA, I shouldn't be surprised. Cutting features means having to spend (perhaps way) less time weeding strange behaviors and quirks out of the code. Much cheaper that way!
I've read even more opinions and it seems that it was the most balanced game of all.

How dare they do something a bit different every now and then ...
The follow up title to Super Stardust on the PS3 was Dead Nation, so I'd say we have a repeat pattern here. And just like Dead Nation, I thought that snowy, 30fps Alienation game of theirs looked fairly impressive too. Unlike Dead Nation, which was awesome, Alienation was unfortunately bland as fuck.

Last edited:
Still with Tomb Raider (2013 reboot). I'm addicted to the bow!! :D It's the only weapon that I'm using.

I guess I'm half way in the game, and I miss the more cinematic approach that made the beginning so special. I hope that comes back soon.

Still with Tomb Raider (2013 reboot). I'm addicted to the bow!! :D It's the only weapon that I'm using.

I guess I'm half way in the game, and I miss the more cinematic approach that made the beginning so special. I hope that comes back soon.
Yep, TR2013 is awesome. And the bow is anyways the best weapon. :yep2:

About your previous question with a PS3 2 players coop game: Diablo 3 is still the reference IMO.

I'm interested in finding a PS3 game for two people (simultaneous coop). I hear that LBP is quite good, regarding this. Which one is better for 2 players? 1, 2 or 3?

And, are there other games for 2 players, besides fighting games?

Thank you! :)
Check out Dead Nation, Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light ? (Temple of Osiris is apparently not as good)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back