What are you playing now? (console edition) [2018-2021]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Rootax, Jan 9, 2018.

1. vjPiedPiper

Newcomer

loving gamepass right now. Currently playing: The ascent, Hades, Back into destiny 2 now that it's cross play, and i can play with my PC mates. Flight sim, when i want something quiet.

Johnny Awesome likes this.
  2. Shompola

Newcomer

Playing quake on ps5. Wow so fast... Makes halo, cod and cs like slideshows.
    Last time I played it was over 20 years ago. Something weird though.. Slight erratic movement of player for a couple of seconds after a new level is loaded and then it goes back to normal. Is my ds drifting lol?

3. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

no more heroes 3 on switch.

the person demanding "more gameplay hours" need to get a stern warning. the "non-optional fillers" are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much and tedious and uninspired and boring.

4. orangpelupa

Legend Veteran

gamepass makes me really consider buying a series x. If microsoft announced a plan for VR compatibliity on series X, i;ll instantly buy the console lol. its always on-stock here.

5. Riddlewire

Regular

Finished Arkham Asylum remaster on One X. Liked it a lot more than Arkham City, which I played back in 2015.

6. jlippo

Veteran Regular

Slowly playing through Witcher 3 while reading books.
    Started doing first DLC missions..

There seems to be quite jump in enemy difficulty on northern part of map.
    Running into crowd flailing sword doesn't work here.

7. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

tried snow runner via gamepass on XsS and saw in the video menu that there is a FidelityFX option, wonder how it works there

8. DSoup

DSoup Series Soup
    Legend Veteran

After a long absence, I have returned to Assassin's Creed Odyssey on PS5 following the 60fps patch. And I think I am going to finish it this time by not burning out on endless side quests. I tried assassin/hunter(archer) my first time, but this time I've gone mostly warrior with a pinch of assassin and this is much more fun. Like Ghost of Tsushima you can play sneaky-stabby but also just walk up to a group of enemies front on and cut them to pieces.

And it still looks so pretty. :yes:

9. Johnny Awesome

Veteran

My gaming agenda for the rest of the month includes:

Completing DQ XI Chapters 10 - 12 to finish the game
    Getting through Hades 10 times
    Finishing Psychonauts (original)
    Completing the MS Flight Sim Training sessions

10. cheapchips

Veteran Newcomer

Played through The Artful Escape. It's very light on challenge, if that's your thing, but it's an utterly glorious audio/visual experience. Hits a great tone of being serious about it's musician's journey story and very silly.

I don't think I've every really seen anything that looks like it. They wring so much production value out of their art style.

Hurrah for Gamepass, as usual. Don't know if I'd have picked it up otherwise.

BRiT likes this.
  11. orangpelupa

Legend Veteran

Playing halo 5, the big arena battle is better than destiny 2 but the corridor battle is waaaaaaaay worse than destiny 2.

Overall the gameplay felt pretty similar to destiny 2 tho. So the usual fun and satisfying shootings.

Btw turns out destiny 2 on Xbox Series have a much easier PVP players than on PC.

On pc I usually goes less than 1 KDR, but on XS I easily got 2-4 KDR while just playing leisurely.

Really weird as matchmaking supposed to match me with similarly skilled players regardless of platform

12. Unknown Soldier

Veteran

Been playing Ghost of Tsushima DC and GTSport this week. Looking forward to playing Kena: Bridge of Spirits on Tuesday.

13. RogerMatt

I don't know about you guys, but I still have a thing for Diablo III. It reminds me of many games (and probably worse games) that I used to play when I was very young. This type of storytelling and axonometric view fits like a glove on my gaming needs.

14. Unknown Soldier

Veteran

This week, Kena Bridge of Spirits and GTSport.

15. Billy Idol

Legend Veteran

Started to dig into Returnal...uah, I guess that is a bit to hard for me. So far, I only managed to kill the first 2 bosses and reach biome 3...it is kinda cool, but I hate these Roguelite games, starting always from zero.

Kena is quite nice looking, played for a bit...

D2 of course.

16. snc

snc
    Veteran Newcomer

gt sport as always ;d + finished hivebuster and started gears of war 5, horizon 4 and psychonauts, tomorrow getting lost judgment and also want to check diablo 2 r and kena, too many games ;d

#616 snc, Sep 23, 2021 at 5:40 PM
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2021 at 6:20 PM
  17. dobwal

Legend Veteran

Just got through The Ascent and Greed Fall. I liked both even though Greed Fall, animations and movements were very stiff. Plus for a game like Greed Fall the lack of a mount was very obvious and limiting. The maps aren't that huge but I found myself constantly fast traveling within maps because traveling on foot across the map wasted a ton of time.

18. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

playing superliminal on XsS via gamepass.
    definitely inspired from potal from a narrative point of view, it's entertaining.