What are you playing now? (console edition) [2018-2021]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Rootax, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Billy Idol

Legend Veteran

Playing Outriders and really liking it - nice game. It has a lot of bugs and should have not released in this state. I am lucky enough to encounter only a few of these and the major one that almost made me quit (sign in bug) was actually fixed. Very nice gameplay fundamentals and ideas about loot and modding and builds.

I like that it gives me indeed similar vibes than a Diablo game in the sense that you fight massive hordes of enemies and it is all down to your build if the amount of healing and damage you recieve balance out. I like the progession of getting to higher and higher difficulty tiers (like Rifts in D3)...however, looking closer, the way loot and legendaries is handled needs a lot of adjustment in my opinion to reach D3 excellence. However, the devs are currently knee deep in the debugging war and I fear it will not be addressed soon.

The biggest flaw of the game is as mentioned the many technical issues. It seem to stem from the fact that they wanted to have an online only experience, even when doing solo play? Why? q

But unfortunately, they could not technically handle it. Lately, I have to say, I get more and more the feeling that gaming devs cannot handle modern technology anymore. It seems that they cannot reach a certain level of software quality anymore. My very personally and of course very subjective opinion is that there has to be a massive brain drain in the gaming industry...no idea if true of course, but maybe other tec companies just have more money in their pockets and pull away all hi-tec brain from the gaming industry?

2. DSoup

DSoup X
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Does staring at the Mass Effect Legendary Edition unlock timer count?

3. BRiT

BRiT (>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
    Moderator Legend Alpha

New Zealand is a nice place.

pharma, DSoup and PSman1700 like this.
  4. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

finished at last Miles Morales (well the main story at least). I'm not too much into spiderman franchise, but i had fun though.

5. DSoup

DSoup X

Mass Effect Legendary Edition - obviously. :yes:

6. Riddlewire

Regular

Playing the Scarlet Nexus demo on Xbox One X.

My brain is way too old to process all the stuff going on simultaneously. Fortunately, the game is "button mash" friendly.
    Very nice looking 4K presentation on One X. Although I wish it had a lower resolution performance mode option, too.

7. jlippo

Veteran Regular

Dragon Quest 11, progressing slowly.
    Got a boat and doing bit of exploration.

8. DSoup

DSoup X

Having not killed enough enough hideous space monster in Mass Effect Legendary Edition, Gears of War.

Which I've not played since 2007. Before I owned a PlayStation 3..

edit: no scratch that. I had assumed the Ultimate Edition would have had FPS Boost but it doesn't and moving from 60fps Mass Effect to 30fps Gears of War is a :nope:

Straight into Gears 5 then. :yes:

#568 DSoup, May 27, 2021
    Last edited: May 27, 2021
    Silent_Buddha likes this.
  9. Silent_Buddha

Legend

I'm kind of surprised that MS hasn't gone through to ensure that all of their past generation first party games run at 60+ FPS with at least FPS Boost on XBS-X.

Regards,
    SB

10. DSoup

DSoup X

Me too, perhaps Microsoft are focusing on titles based on how much they are being played and the Gears remaster is way down that list.

11. Riddlewire

Regular

Finished Bodycount.
    Damned game has a bug in the final boss fight that prevents you from progressing unless you quit and restart each time you reach another damage plateau against her.

12. vjPiedPiper

Newcomer

I just started No Mans Sky on my XSX :)

PSman1700 likes this.
  13. Riddlewire

Regular

Playing Greedfall on One X.

Critical design flaw. Massive deadzone for both sticks. No menu adjustment. Would a patch really be that difficult?

Nice game otherwise.

14. Johnny Awesome

Veteran

I had a great time in couch co-op with my brother and son playing Streets of Rage 4 & Minecraft Dungeons. Eagerly awaiting The Ascent.

Solo-wise I'm 40% of the way through DQ XI and really liking it and picking away at Psychonauts. I'm also planning to start Doom Eternal when the patch hits next week.

#574 Johnny Awesome, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021 at 12:31 AM